Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bianchi

I've been looking to buy a bianchi infinito cv for ages, just been reading the latest magazine reviews on the disc brake model with shimano ultegra di2 and you can't buy them for love nor money.

What's the point in them being heavily featured in magazines/reviews if they've got no stock?

I quote from your recent article road cc, /content/news/130811-cycle-show-2014-preview-part-2-colnago-pinarello-bianchi-trek-fizik-cube-look

"road.cc’s Bike of the Year 2013-14, the Bianchi Infinito CV, will be on display and there will the disc version of the bike, which actually launched a fair while ago but it’s now properly available, we had a good look at it at Eurobike and we can’t wait to swing a leg over it"

PROPERLY AVAILABLE??? I can't get one until next summer, sort your misleading articles out, and I bet those hydraulic brake levers are PROPERLY noisy and rattle just like the shocking SRAM levers did, but you won't mention this.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

dazzle | 9 years ago
0 likes

What's the problem with buying them from a UK based stockist? I'm sick of hearing 12 week lead times on various italian frames it's nonsense. I'm not impressed with the hydraulic disc brakes, tried some over the weekend and the lever throw was right back against the bars, think i'll stick with rim brakes.

It's not like Bianchi are a super exclusive niche brand they're clearly not, so why the supply issue? it's a waste of good publicity/reviews having no stock to back it up.

ajmarshal1 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm in the process of buying an Oltre XR2 frameset from Bianchistore.de and I've been very impressed so far with their pricing and communication. Of course, until I have the frame in my hands I will reserve full judgement....

ljblas | 9 years ago
0 likes

As per other riders' comments.....I've just ordered 2015 one from Epic Cycles (Ludlow) as they sell more bianchis than the whole of France, they can get them pretty easily - about 4 weeks lead time I think.
Also why bother with disc brake version?....normal brakes version is better imo (and Epic's!)

Dobbo31 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I got mine from Bianchistore.de . Built it myself. Here she is! Took 6 weeks all in all.

Eebijeebi replied to Dobbo31 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dobbo31 wrote:

I got mine from Bianchistore.de . Built it myself. Here she is! Took 6 weeks all in all.

Gorgeous piece of kit.

matthewn5 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Try Italian online shops. Most of them seem to have stock.
Anyway, the rim brake model is the one everyone raves about. You don't _need_ disk brakes.

truffy | 9 years ago
0 likes

They're still filling back orders for the 2013-2014 season. I ordered mine several weeks ago (ca. 10 August), and I think it's expected this week or so. Patience grasshopper, patience.

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Perhaps cause of the large amount of positive content they are sold out?
It's not Road.cc's fault they're sold out, so why rant at them?
Do you expect everyone publishing an article to check stock levels of everything they mention before publishing?

Also have you tried getting in touch with someone like Epic Cycles?
I had my 2009 infinito from them, when stocks were low, they managed to get me one.
You might get on a 2015 pre-order model perhaps.

Latest Comments