Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Shimano Ultegra 6800 left STI lever

Hi, I am just starting to build my first road bike and I have just recieved a pair of Ultegra 6800 STI levers. However, I am confused with the operation of the left shifter. I might be wrong here, but I thought the 6800's were only for use with double chainrings. But, after having a play with the shifters, the left hand side one will go through two 'clicks'. Surely it should only need to shift once in either direction, not twice?

So I am wondering whether this is normal, or is it a faulty unit?

Thank you
Simon

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

simonG | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your reply. I am new to road cycling, and have never used STI levers before.
I checked out the video you posted and read up a little on the trim adjustment feature. It all makes sense now :).

Blue_Brevatto | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have you used Shimano STI levers before ? If you have then I apologize if you know this already, but almost all versions come with a "micro-shift" or "trim" adjustment to allow you to reach a bigger spread (but not all! obviously) of the sprockets from either chain-ring.

This might help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxBFTOnk7S8

Latest Comments