Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Children in need

Hi I hope you can help me, I am doing an event for children in need in November this year.

I am looking for 50 abled bodied cyclist to ride along side me for the last 2 miles in each of the seven cities that I will cover in this event.
I was left paralysed from the waist down after a serious accident eight years ago. After vowing to get back into shape I promised my daughter after she gave me a tee shirt with the words on it (DAD BE BRAVE YOU ARE MY HERO). I entered the original and best 24-hour non-stop endurance cycle race, RIDE24.

I cycled for 10-15 miles an hour for 23 hours straight. I competed 205 miles, 85 Laps; I also qualified for Race across America in 2015.
My aim is show that disabled hand cyclist can also ride with abled bodied cyclist on social rides with cycling clubs.

Children in need has do so much for both the young and older disabled people in this field, and I would like to help them continue they great work.

Please have a look at the attached files they will give you a lot more info on my event.

I would be in your debt if you can send this message to as many of your members and maybe together we can make a difference to many disabled that would love to do social rides.

I myself ride with the Wheelers Cycle club in Crawley. Rob

1. BBC Edinburgh, Midlothian. EH8 8PJ.
Saturday 8th November 6pm.

2. Newcastle Upon Tyne. BBC Barrack Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear. NE2 4NF
Sunday 9th November 6pm

3. Leeds. BBC Yorkshire, 2 St Peter's Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire. LS9 8AH
Monday 10th November 6pm

4. Manchester. BBC Media City UK, Salford Quays, Salford. M50 2EQ
Tuesday 11th November 1pm

5. Birmingham. BBC West Midlands, the Mailbox, Birmingham. B1 1RF
Wednesday 12th November 1pm

6. Oxford. BBC 269 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 7DW.
Thursday 13th November 1pm

7. Aspire Head Office. Wood Lane Stanmore Middlesex. HA7 4AP
Friday 14th November 1pm

8. BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA. Finish 10pm 14/11/2014
Friday 14th November 10pm

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Beatnik69 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Rob, the only attachment I can see is a photograph. Which cities will you be riding through. If you are coming to Northern ireland I'd be very pleased to ride with you.

rob7777 replied to Beatnik69 | 9 years ago
0 likes

1. BBC Edinburgh, Midlothian. EH8 8PJ.
Saturday 8th November 6pm.

2. Newcastle Upon Tyne. BBC Barrack Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear. NE2 4NF
Sunday 9th November 6pm

3. Leeds. BBC Yorkshire, 2 St Peter's Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire. LS9 8AH
Monday 10th November 6pm

4. Manchester. BBC Media City UK, Salford Quays, Salford. M50 2EQ
Tuesday 11th November 1pm

5. Birmingham. BBC West Midlands, the Mailbox, Birmingham. B1 1RF
Wednesday 12th November 1pm

6. Oxford. BBC 269 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 7DW.
Thursday 13th November 1pm

7. Aspire Head Office. Wood Lane Stanmore Middlesex. HA7 4AP
Friday 14th November 1pm

8. BBC Broadcasting House, Portland Place, London W1A 1AA. Finish 10pm 14/11/2014
Friday 14th November 10pm

Latest Comments