Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

front mech shifts in stand, not out on the road

Hi, wonder if you can help

Trying to fix a mate's bike, the front mech shifts perfectly in the workstand, however, when out on the road, it refuses to shift to the big ring.

It's a compact chainset, sora shifters, and the cable routing is under the down tube.

I'm using the seat post to hold the bike in the workstand, so it doesn't interfere with the cable routing.

Thanks

Gordon

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

Got a triple Sora as well. Bit of a pain. Adjust the screws as suggested or check the tension of the cable. I need to tighten the cable regularly to be able to shift into the big ring. Don't know about the difference between workstand and road, chainring will be slower on the road which might make a difference with smooth shifting.

CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

3 photos required, two from above the front mech, one of these on the small ring, second photo on the big ring, last photo "side on" from the drive side

Make sure photos are perpendicluar or plum in line

Ratfink | 9 years ago
0 likes

I had a similar thing on a triple sora again on the big ring it shifted on the stand but not on the road.
I solved it by opening the upper limit screw a turn or so and setting it on the stand so it would actually go just too far on the big ring then taking it ouside and riding up and down the road and tightening the upper limit a 1/4 turn or so until it was perfect.

Latest Comments