Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best carbon brake pads

Just invested in some carbon wheels and was wondering what the best carbon specific brake pads are?
heard good things about the new reynolds cyro blue power pads and also swisstop blacks.

Thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Jimmy Ray Will | 9 years ago
0 likes

Define what you mean by best?

If its stopping power, modulation, wet weather performance, than the pads that come with the USE wheels I have can not be beaten... amazing performance.

If you are looking to match that performance with a semblance of durability, then they aren't so good.

I have heard that most of the pro teams find a way to fit Campagnolo carbon brake pads to their bikes.

glynr36 replied to Jimmy Ray Will | 9 years ago
0 likes
Jimmy Ray Will wrote:

I have heard that most of the pro teams find a way to fit Campagnolo carbon brake pads to their bikes.

Read & seen the same in many articles/features online.

martyh | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've used both of those.
I prefer the new reynolds ones on the carbon wheels I have (hed & some chinese things..)... the swisstop blacks seem to wear very fast, but definitely very good.
Check if the manufacturer recommends a particular sort, if so, use those, otherwise the warranty will be voided. Or if you don't care about that... then you won't go too far wrong with the two you mention.

Latest Comments