Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

<<Carbonspeedcycle>> wheels review

Good evening mates!
Greetings from Crete!
I am writing this post in order to make a complete review of my carbon wheels.
I bought this pair 7 months ago.. and I think it is about time to share my thoughts with you.
I was looking for a pair of 50mm carbon tubular wheels and the first thing I wanted was them to be light and stiff.
I was looking around for about a month , reading reviews , contacting with sellers , searching on ebay etc.
I finally decided to order my wheels from the ebay seller named :CARBONSPEEDCYCLE
I was impressed of the variety of products , the great feedback and the excellent communication with Helin ( the seller's customer service woman)
I chose the finish of the rim ( matte , glossy etc) , the hubs , nipples colour , the hub type (shimano 10,11-sram , campy 10,11 etc) and I placed the order.
I paid via paypal and waited for about 5 days as we have agreed..
The fifth day , I received a ebay message (item marked as shipped) and they also gave me the tracking number (EMS shipping company)
I had the wheelset in 10 days and I was impressed by the delivery time.. I didn't have another experience with ems..
I didn't pay customs because they declare lower value and mark the package as a gift.
The package came well protected with bubbles and other protecting things. I opened the package and saw the wheelset. The first impression was very very good..
Excellent painting , excellent rolling by hand. and I was curious about how they work..
I put cassete and tires and went out for the first ride..
I liked their rolling and how they maintain the speed after 30km/h
I didn't like their braking.. but I changed the braking pads for a pair of swisstop and my braking procedure became better!
Overheating when descending... not at all!!
I went them for truing after 1.000km and they were ok!
I do not use them right now because I decided to use them only on races. I have a pair of cheap clinchers to train..
The reason is that tubular tires are expensive and hard to install-uninstall them when having a flat tire.

They have one year warranty. I was very happy when , I received a spare rim with free transport free everything just with a single email in which I expressed my concern to a problem that was ultimately due to poor truing (I thought that the wheel had the problem but thank god the first shop I went for truing... was to bad! and I was told that the rim is crooked and they can not do something .. (Classic reaction when they see several Chinese products)

In conclusion I would like to say that I totally recommend this product to everyone..
It is fantastic and I am very happy with my purchase..!
Here is the link of the ebay shop..
Check it : http://stores.ebay.com/carbonspeedcycle
their website : http://www.redeaglesbike.com/

hope you enjoyed!
cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments