Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta stage 10

So who do you guys think will win tonight? I have only done one trade so far but might do one more.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Honest interview from Froome, he basically said he went off to quickly and paid the price for it, inexperience or to much outside pressure on him ?

Mind you a minute is nothing in GT's and he could get that back in one stage but i dont think he's in the right form to do it.

JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hold those scores - Cancellara just been demoted a place...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I thought of Sanchez and then went for Vandewalle instead. At one point I was just putting Panzer and SS in. D'oh!

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Bringing Quintana in for his GC points + Stage 11 climb instead of Cancellara... didn't work out so well.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not great now a long way adrift of 1st place

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Finally, a decent stage for me... strangely enough though, me and about a dozen other guys didn't win the stage because Romain Sicard decided to do a great time trial to get 14th place...  7 Yup, its the Vuelta, as ever (well, actually, as in the last decade, give or take) the most surprising and the most closely fought GT of the year... Sicard's ride is for me even more surprising than Froome taking a beating...

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm no TT expert  35 but that course today was shite!  13

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Shame, I would've brought Uran in for Quintana if tomorrow wasn't another summit finish. Still, my 2 transfers were Martin and Kiryienka so happy with that. Still smarting about forgetting to pick Anacona on Sunday!

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Rubbish rubbish rubbish.

Yet another crap day in what has been an awful Vuelta for me. Every day I check the results with a resounding "oh, for f.."

chiv30 replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Rubbish rubbish rubbish.

Yet another crap day in what has been an awful Vuelta for me. Every day I check the results with a resounding "oh, for f.."

Same here tbh froome should have been a banker but instead I come home and see he's lost nearly a minute to Bertie ...wtf

0 likes

Damn u uran  20

0 likes

All I want is my podium badge  105

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Glad I went for Vandewalle

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

MARTIN
MALORI
CANCELLARA
FROOME
CONTADOR
SERGEANT
MAS
ANCONA
FERNANDEZ

there we go Joel.... odds on for an epic fail now... lol

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pelucchi down over 5 mins vs Sergent after 11.2km.  13

0 likes

So many options for today but decided to play safe no pens.

Froome
Contador
Panzer
Spartacus
Mas
Anacona
Reynes
Gatto
Mondory

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I just thought Uran was too expensive for me to take Quintana, Froome, Contador out for one stage and then take him out again.

Alan Tullett replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I just thought Uran was too expensive for me to take Quintana, Froome, Contador out for one stage and then take him out again.

Funny how TTs go. You'd expect Froome to crash rather than Quintana. Still, although he doesn't have great form, (10th in a TT must be his worst result for a long time), he does have over 2 mins on Quintana, which might yet come in useful. Don't expect Uran to go any worse than Froome tomorrow so just brought in Purito Anacona and Lutsenko. Left in Coppel and the cheapos. Just save up transfers now for other cracks at a stage win in the mountains when 14-16 come along. 33rd today, could have been higher if I had brought in Anacona, which I thought about but his record was so crap I didn't, but didn't think of Sanchez.

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

I saved up transfers over the weekend as I didn't have Internet access so I've got

Froome
Contador
Uran
Martin
Malori
Castroviejo
Coppel
Kudus
Mas

Surprised some people haven't got Uran, surely he'll move up today as the course suits his style. I hope Froome's crash hasn't affected him too much. I think he'll need 2 mins over Quintana in the mountains.

allezrider replied to Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:

Surprised some people haven't got Uran, surely he'll move up today as the course suits his style.

I've also gone for Uran over Cancellara - figured that with GC points and (hopefully) team bonus is likely to do better in game terms and also saves a transfer for tomorrow.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

My teams a lot different so I don't know if i'm going to fail big style !

team

Christopher Froome
Koldo Fernandez
Alberto Contador
Johan Esteban Chaves
Tony Martin
Rohan Dennis
Adriano Malori
Karol Domagalski
Lluis Guillermo Mas

Joelsim replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

This Tour goes from bad to worse for me. I have lost all ability to pick a decent team in every stage.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Expensive, if you intend to take him out anyway.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I agree on Contador. Not sure you shouldn't have just got rid of Valverde though now. I think Quintana will beat Piti tmw.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I agree on Contador. Not sure you shouldn't have just got rid of Valverde though now. I think Quintana will beat Piti tmw.

Maybe I should have, but made the decision to go with Valverde after the sprint stage the other day, and ive decided to stick with it, if it goes wrong, it goes wrong

0 likes

Not getting Vandewalle in my team is what is worrying me most, but say Contador came 5th/6th, and Vandewalle 3rd/4th (cant see him beating froome and Martin) and Contador stays 3rd overall. The penalties are offset by the GC, and only loose 4/5 points to Vandewalle, but im better off for stage 11, so on that taking a 10 point loss by having Contador over Vandewalle, over the 2 stages should work out better. I see you have both, but so long as Valverde goes well, and if he finishes ahead of Quintana, the Valverde combo vs Vandewalle and Quintana, may only loose me 20 points to someone like you (+ the other 10), and I think I can afford a 30 point loss and still be in the top 5, as I have a 45 point lead on 5th with me 2nd. Im just worried Enrique could open up a 30/40 point lead on me

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I just thought this is the last TT before the worlds, the last stage is only 9.7km so this is more like the actual course in 3 weeks' time. Hopefully Malori and Vandewalle will go for it. Couldn't afford Fabu, and Martin was a given as he is always up for a TT.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I hope to make up a few points on you tmw then. I don't think you need worry about Velociraptor in the Vuelta, mind.

0 likes

May as well tell you mine is this after 10 pens

Valverde
Froome
Martin
Contador
Malori
Reynes
Mas
Craven
Kudus

Basically it was either vandewalle and a spare transfers, or Contador but 10 pens, and I decided to take the risk, as it leaves me better for stage 10, and if Contador goes well it offsets the penalty. I really need Valverde to go well to be honest, and Vandewalle to at least not top 10.

Im just hoping to hold station near the top, and im likely to have Quintana rather Valverde come stage 13, I just thought this ITT would suit Valverde

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't tell me I'm picking a team similar to yours just as it all goes wrong for you...

To be honest I am mapped out for the next 3 stages, did my 3 transfers last night at 17:28 and had done with it.

When you only have one team, rather than 229, it doesn't take long once you've studied the form.

Pages

Latest Comments