Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Can you remove all those stupid teams please enrique

It is affecting the game for others

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

81 comments

allezrider replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i count 229 teams making transfers from enrique's IP

229!  13 It takes me long enough with just one to think about.

JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've had a lot of fun playing this game these past few years and been happy to pay in recent times, but I'm probably now going to stop and not renew given this glitch that makes a nonsense of the game.

Joelsim replied to JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes
JohnnyRemo wrote:

I've had a lot of fun playing this game these past few years and been happy to pay in recent times, but I'm probably now going to stop and not renew given this glitch that makes a nonsense of the game.

It's being fixed by Dave, so don't worry.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Since all this came to light he has not been on once to comment on anything. I wonder if Dave has "muted" him as punishment  39

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I know the teams should be gone after the update tomorrow

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

i haven't muted him. he seems to have muted himself on this thread...

Joelsim replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I know the teams should be gone after the update tomorrow

Green arrows for everyone tmw then!!!

0 likes

so far he seems to have removed 39 teams, leaving just 190

crazy cats replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

Unbelievable!
But how many more players are entering multiple teams?
This is spoiling what was, if not quite beautiful, a very good game!

Joelsim replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

so far he seems to have removed 39 teams, leaving just 190

Ha ha ha.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, is it worth having something in the Ts & Cs about multiple teams i.e. anyone found with multiple teams will forfeit the right to win any prizes for that particular season or something?

crazy cats replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sounds good! But I would go further and disqualify the culprit from everything!
But then I am not particularly computer savvy and don't know how easy it is to police this issue!

chiv30 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

I really am bewildered how anyone can support Enrique...... Either his gob or his actions.... Shaking head in disbelief....  7

Enrique has in the past been a pain in the rear however some ppl on this forum won't even give him the time of day even though he can be quite funny and has some great insights at times is it no wonder he has decided to pull this stunt?

Anyway as I said if he is taking that much time to create teams and changes I'll give him a clap , and for what it's worth I still don't think it's ruining the game ppl are just a bit prissy because he is doing better than most with a lot of his team's

VVV73 replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

I really am bewildered how anyone can support Enrique...... Either his gob or his actions.... Shaking head in disbelief....  7

Enrique has in the past been a pain in the rear however some ppl on this forum won't even give him the time of day even though he can be quite funny and has some great insights at times is it no wonder he has decided to pull this stunt?

You mean EXACTLY what you did to me ??????? Hmmmmmmm

Anyway as I said if he is taking that much time to create teams and changes I'll give him a clap , and for what it's worth I still don't think it's ruining the game ppl are just a bit prissy because he is doing better than most with a lot of his team's

backflipbedlem replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

ppl are just a bit prissy because he is doing better than most with a lot of his team's

Because he has picked 229 different team variations!
So of course he will do better!  102

0 likes

down to 173 now

Joelsim replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

down to 173 now

Only 172 to go!

jova54 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

down to 173 now

Only 172 to go!

Only 173 to go

Joelsim replied to jova54 | 9 years ago
0 likes
jova54 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

down to 173 now

Only 172 to go!

Only 173 to go

He's allowed his normal team i.e. Team Don Q

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

That is his main team

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Personally think that he should be excluded from the game permanently..... With people like Enrique there will be something else around the corner... Its not exactly his first attempt to disrupt the game is it....  102

backflipbedlem replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
jova54 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:
Dave Atkinson wrote:

down to 173 now

Only 172 to go!

Only 173 to go

He's allowed his normal team i.e. Team Don Q

Which somehow was his best performing team? Go figure that one out?

//i60.tinypic.com/rmlloi.jpg)

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

TBH I have no problem with Enrique on the forum. Yes, he's a bit off-the-wall at times but where he, er, occasionally labours the point I usually just ignore it. Like the proverbial stopped clock he is sometimes right about things and he certainly has a passion for bike racing.

Entering multiple teams is, however, not really acceptable; certainly not on that kind of scale. While I'd turn a blind eye to it ordinarily (not least because of the practicalities of it - more than one user can choose a team from a single machine of course) where it is flagrant and extensive the player should be given a set amount of tine, say a week, to close them down - or be kicked off (premium or no premium).

So, to make an Enrique-style suggestion for improvement, how about codifying that in the rules of the game for next year?

chiv30 replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

TBH I have no problem with Enrique on the forum. Yes, he's a bit off-the-wall at times but where he, er, occasionally labours the point I usually just ignore it. Like the proverbial stopped clock he is sometimes right about things and he certainly has a passion for bike racing.

Entering multiple teams is, however, not really acceptable; certainly not on that kind of scale. While I'd turn a blind eye to it ordinarily (not least because of the practicalities of it - more than one user can choose a team from a single machine of course) where it is flagrant and extensive the player should be given a set amount of tine, say a week, to close them down - or be kicked off (premium or no premium).

So, to make an Enrique-style suggestion for improvement, how about codifying that in the rules of the game for next year?

In all fairness he is removing them

however I can't find anywhere in the rules where it states you can't have multiple users names and therefore teams.....which if correct, he is well within his rights to do be it within the ethic of the game or not

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Alls I will say from conversations with Enrique, is regardless of the rights or wrongs of having multiple teams in the first place, I don't believe he did it disrupt the game as in cheat to try and win prizes.

Everyone is allowed there opinion on the matter and thats fair enough, and you could say having multiple teams in the first place could be cheating, but like I say I don't believe he did it to cheat in the conventional meaning.

Im not going to say anything else beyond that, and if enrique wishes to explain to others his motives, thats up to him

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

He has emailed me and explained, as like TER i will say no more other than his apology has been accepted.

Ghedebrav replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

In all fairness he is removing them

however I can't find anywhere in the rules where it states you can't have multiple users names and therefore teams.....which if correct, he is well within his rights to do be it within the ethic of the game or not

Yeah, that's why I'm saying put it in the rules, e.g. "Anybody discovered to be entering multiple teams will be asked to remove duplicate accounts and associated teams; road.cc reserve the right to suspend or ban any player who it has reasonable cause to believe is entering multiple teams and fails to remove them on request within a given timeframe."

Or words to that effect, something broad-brush.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

What's the teamcount looking like these days?

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Disclosure:

I have multiple teams, have done for several years, I have made no attempt to disguise this and have openly talked about my daughters teams in the forums and entered them in Forum competitions. No one has ever suggested I have done anything wrong. I only run one premium team and it usually does best in the non premium competitions. Although 229 teams would seem to be against the spirit of fair competition, I know how much time it takes up just running 4 teams and therefore if Enrique can be bothered I really have to say Chapeau!

I would think that if Enrique's prime team is his highest scoring team that he is attempting some kind of automated scoring mechanism to find the best team, and it seems to be working. Chapeau again.

I just wonder if it wasn't Enrique whether anyone would really be that worried about it or even have noticed?

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Disclosure:

I have multiple teams, have done for several years, I have made no attempt to disguise this and have openly talked about my daughters teams in the forums and entered them in Forum competitions. No one has ever suggested I have done anything wrong. I only run one premium team and it usually does best in the non premium competitions. Although 229 teams would seem to be against the spirit of fair competition, I know how much time it takes up just running 4 teams and therefore if Enrique can be bothered I really have to say Chapeau!

I would think that if Enrique's prime team is his highest scoring team that he is attempting some kind of automated scoring mechanism to find the best team, and it seems to be working. Chapeau again.

I just wonder if it wasn't Enrique whether anyone would really be that worried about it or even have noticed?

Pages

Latest Comments