Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Can you remove all those stupid teams please enrique

It is affecting the game for others

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

81 comments

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Disclosure:

I have multiple teams, have done for several years, I have made no attempt to disguise this and have openly talked about my daughters teams in the forums and entered them in Forum competitions. No one has ever suggested I have done anything wrong. I only run one premium team and it usually does best in the non premium competitions. Although 229 teams would seem to be against the spirit of fair competition, I know how much time it takes up just running 4 teams and therefore if Enrique can be bothered I really have to say Chapeau!

I would think that if Enrique's prime team is his highest scoring team that he is attempting some kind of automated scoring mechanism to find the best team, and it seems to be working. Chapeau again.

I just wonder if it wasn't Enrique whether anyone would really be that worried about it or even have noticed?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got nothing against enrique, but multiple teams makes the competition pointless like many fantasy football games.

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

If he had 229 premium teams would that be okay?

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Simple solution is to make it £10 for every entry..... Then if you want to enter multiple teams fair play.... Or make it so that only premium players can win prizes.... Otherwise what is the point of me supporting roadcc with my tenner for my solitary team... This needs sorting out....

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes it would be nice for enrique to show his face again.

0 likes

I maybe in a minority of one.....but I don't miss him one bit....

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Been away for a week, what has been going on here?

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is vvv aware he's forum banned and nobody can see his posts?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

He is aware, yes. He was banned for ungentlemanly posts I would imagine.

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

So after a prolonged period of silence, Enrique has finally popped back up.

I know you have sent some personal messages Enrique to a couple of individuals, but would you care to address the greater community regarding your actions?
229?  39

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

VVV nobody can see your posts

chiv30 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

If he had 229 premium teams would that be okay?

I see nobody has answered ....

If he had 229 premium teams of course they would simply because of who it is....... As I said before other ppl have done far worse and hardly anyone thought it mattered

backflipbedlem replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

Is vvv aware he's forum banned and nobody can see his posts?

I was unaware, so maybe he is too! lol

Why is he forum banned??

enrique replied to backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

... would you care to address the greater community regarding your actions?...

Yes, I would... I sent a message to a couple of people through the Road.cc Personal Contact Form and I would have sent you the email if I'd been able to... I'll gladly send you what I wrote if you send me a message through my Personal Contact Form (http://road.cc/user/20546/contact) on the site or you activate yours long enough for me to send you a direct message... I just didn't want to post anything here because so many people were so angry... I will.. but I didn't want anyone to react angrily and start posting comments which I wasn't ready to handle...

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Welcome back...

Thank you... I missed you all...

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... I don't miss him one bit....

I missed you a lot, Steve...  20

Joelsim replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
backflipbedlem wrote:

... would you care to address the greater community regarding your actions?...

Yes, I would... I sent a message to a couple of people through the Road.cc Personal Contact Form and I would have sent you the email if I'd been able to... I'll gladly send you what I wrote if you send me a message through my Personal Contact Form (http://road.cc/user/20546/contact) on the site or you activate yours long enough for me to send you a direct message... I just didn't want to post anything here because so many people were so angry... I will.. but I didn't want anyone to react angrily and start posting comments which I wasn't ready to handle...

Let's just welcome enrique back. Having seen his note there was no cheating to it, he just got a bit carried away and obsessed.

Welcome back from me.

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Disclosure:

I have multiple teams, have done for several years, I have made no attempt to disguise this and have openly talked about my daughters teams in the forums and entered them in Forum competitions. No one has ever suggested I have done anything wrong. I only run one premium team and it usually does best in the non premium competitions. Although 229 teams would seem to be against the spirit of fair competition, I know how much time it takes up just running 4 teams and therefore if Enrique can be bothered I really have to say Chapeau!

I would think that if Enrique's prime team is his highest scoring team that he is attempting some kind of automated scoring mechanism to find the best team, and it seems to be working. Chapeau again.

I just wonder if it wasn't Enrique whether anyone would really be that worried about it or even have noticed?

chiv30 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Disclosure:

Exactly

backflipbedlem replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:

Disclosure:

Exactly

I dont agree!

Also I dont think it matters who it is! It's not fair.

Enrique clearly has lots of spreadsheets, he often shares grabs of them and openly talks about his prediction spreadsheets. Which is fair enough and lots of people use stats etc to predict outcomes.

Using that data for one team is one thing, as the people racing are human and have off days, and with crashes etc anything can happen.
But to use the data and plug it in to 229 teams, therefore eliminating riders off days etc, then that is just against the spirit of the game!

I think we can all agree that what he has done is wrong, and that something needs to be written into the rules to prevent it in the future.
But I cant see how some people can condone this sort of behaviour?

However I am missing Enrique's insightful posts!  39

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

What's the teamcount looking like these days?

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

He has emailed me and explained, as like TER i will say no more other than his apology has been accepted.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Alls I will say from conversations with Enrique, is regardless of the rights or wrongs of having multiple teams in the first place, I don't believe he did it disrupt the game as in cheat to try and win prizes.

Everyone is allowed there opinion on the matter and thats fair enough, and you could say having multiple teams in the first place could be cheating, but like I say I don't believe he did it to cheat in the conventional meaning.

Im not going to say anything else beyond that, and if enrique wishes to explain to others his motives, thats up to him

VVV73 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Alls I will say from conversations with Enrique, is regardless of the rights or wrongs of having multiple teams in the first place, I don't believe he did it disrupt the game as in cheat to try and win prizes. FUNNY HOW HE DIDNT DO IT TILL A GRAND TOUR THEN WITH THE BEST PRIZES, plenty of other tours on atm he could have done  2

Everyone is allowed there opinion on the matter and thats fair enough, and you could say having multiple teams in the first place could be cheating, but like I say I don't believe he did it to cheat in the conventional meaning.

Im not going to say anything else beyond that, and if enrique wishes to explain to others his motives, thats up to him

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

TBH I have no problem with Enrique on the forum. Yes, he's a bit off-the-wall at times but where he, er, occasionally labours the point I usually just ignore it. Like the proverbial stopped clock he is sometimes right about things and he certainly has a passion for bike racing.

Entering multiple teams is, however, not really acceptable; certainly not on that kind of scale. While I'd turn a blind eye to it ordinarily (not least because of the practicalities of it - more than one user can choose a team from a single machine of course) where it is flagrant and extensive the player should be given a set amount of tine, say a week, to close them down - or be kicked off (premium or no premium).

So, to make an Enrique-style suggestion for improvement, how about codifying that in the rules of the game for next year?

chiv30 replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

TBH I have no problem with Enrique on the forum. Yes, he's a bit off-the-wall at times but where he, er, occasionally labours the point I usually just ignore it. Like the proverbial stopped clock he is sometimes right about things and he certainly has a passion for bike racing.

Entering multiple teams is, however, not really acceptable; certainly not on that kind of scale. While I'd turn a blind eye to it ordinarily (not least because of the practicalities of it - more than one user can choose a team from a single machine of course) where it is flagrant and extensive the player should be given a set amount of tine, say a week, to close them down - or be kicked off (premium or no premium).

So, to make an Enrique-style suggestion for improvement, how about codifying that in the rules of the game for next year?

In all fairness he is removing them

however I can't find anywhere in the rules where it states you can't have multiple users names and therefore teams.....which if correct, he is well within his rights to do be it within the ethic of the game or not

Ghedebrav replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
Ghedebrav wrote:

In all fairness he is removing them

however I can't find anywhere in the rules where it states you can't have multiple users names and therefore teams.....which if correct, he is well within his rights to do be it within the ethic of the game or not

Yeah, that's why I'm saying put it in the rules, e.g. "Anybody discovered to be entering multiple teams will be asked to remove duplicate accounts and associated teams; road.cc reserve the right to suspend or ban any player who it has reasonable cause to believe is entering multiple teams and fails to remove them on request within a given timeframe."

Or words to that effect, something broad-brush.

0 likes

Personally think that he should be excluded from the game permanently..... With people like Enrique there will be something else around the corner... Its not exactly his first attempt to disrupt the game is it....  102

VVV73 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Personally think that he should be excluded from the game permanently..... With people like Enrique there will be something else around the corner... Its not exactly his first attempt to disrupt the game is it....
I don't believe he did it disrupt the game AGREED  102

banned from any other site.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

That is his main team

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

down to 173 now

Pages

Latest Comments