Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Newbie: How on earth do you add a blog post on this site????

Been all thru the menus lots of times... how do I add a blog post??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

James Warrener | 14 years ago
0 likes

A good site and a worthy cause Skippy.

skippy | 14 years ago
0 likes

As the newbie come to play in your sandpit, I would appreciate some of you visiting www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com and follow www.twitter.com/skippydetour to judge whether my blog helping “Disabled Sport” qualifies as a regular contribution to your “blog list”.

Many of you will know others that you can recommend visit and perhaps participate in my “2010 project” either as “athlete or volunteer”.

Recently I wander a little off message with my commentary on the “Haiti” disaster but as that unfolds it is becoming obvious that there is something seriously wrong with the planning and lack of delivery of Aid to the Victims!

People are dying as those responsible debate instead of Act!

Simon E | 14 years ago
0 likes

"we want to give our users good quality content they want to read rather than simply more content."

THAT is the main reason I this site is the first place I look for news and reviews before than any other now. Dull "user-generated content" (a euphemism for cheap crap) will send me somewhere else.

Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

hear hear!

minnellium replied to Tony Farrelly | 14 years ago
0 likes

Hear, here.  7

0 likes

I like your blog too, and we would like more bloggers. What would you put in another one on here? And how often would you put it in? I'm interested - what beach was that in Cumbria btw?

Barry's right the reason we've got a quality/commitment threshold is that we want to give our users good quality content they want to read rather than simply more content.

James Warrener | 14 years ago
0 likes

There has to be some level of commitment to the site before a blog can be given out. I just beat the screening process  4

minnellium | 14 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm - okay - let's knock that one on the head then - I'd have thought that in this age of SEO and advert-funded sites, people would have been bending over backwards to have user-contributed keyword-rich articles.  7

Barry Fry-up replied to minnellium | 14 years ago
0 likes
minnellium wrote:

Hmmm - okay - let's knock that one on the head then - I'd have thought that in this age of SEO and advert-funded sites, people would have been bending over backwards to have user-contributed keyword-rich articles.  7

yeah but if they gave everyone a blog, imagine the kind of crap *i'd* write  4

like your blog btw. why do you need another one?

NickInBath replied to minnellium | 14 years ago
0 likes

Minnellium -

"SEO" and "keyword-rich" always makes me think about that theory on how long it would take a monkey randomly punching keys on a typewriter to write the works of Shakespeare. Or something.

I'm already bored with how much there is out there because 99.9% of it is awful. I would quite like to spend less time at my computer finding a few good short things written (or whatever) from the heart by someone like Jo Burt.

The wretched technology is just the means of delivery. The words, music and pictures are what we come for and from your own beautiful blog you obviously get that. You just need to go out of the room with your work hat and come back in with your cycling cap on.

0 likes

ah, are you referring to the 'blog' tab in your user profile? Don't know where that popped up from, it's not supposed to be there. Confusing I know, but to get a user blog you normally have to be a regular contributor to the site joining in the conversation on the forum or commenting around the place on news stories and reviews. Oh, and you have to promise to keep at it.

Of course there's nothing to stop you posting your thoughts in the forum right now and inviting people to comment.

Latest Comments