Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Insurance for a rented bike in Majorca

Hi All,

I'm planning to hire a bike from http://bikesviva.com/www/?page_id=98 next week but notice they have some hefty penalties if the bike is damaged or stolen.

Playing on the safe side I was looking for some insurance cover but struggling to locate any. I have emailed them this evening to see if they offer a solution I can pay extra for BUT ...

does anyone know of options I can arrange separately?

Many thanks

Paul

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Pdjohnson | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi Watlina,

Thanks for this advice. Feel a lot more comfortable. I will take out the additional cover and much happier.

I don't think the cover includes theft.

Paul

watlina | 9 years ago
0 likes

I hired a nice Scott CR from viva:cycling while we stayed at the Viva Tropic in Alcudia for a week last year. I'm sure I only paid about £10 extra for the full insurance for the 4 days I had the bike.

edit: just looking at the viva hire terms page shows
7.All rental bikes come with a third party damage insurance.
8.You can opt for an damage bike policy with a cost of 1’5 euros/day.

I didn't pre-book anything just sorted it out when we got there but we went in May when it was a bit quieter.

The guy I dealt with was very helpful and had no problem with me fitting my own pedals and Garmin GSC-10.

They had a separate bike storage room but I found it easier to keep the bike in the hotel room so I could get out nice and early. Although the wife tended to disagree about the bike storage location  3

Latest Comments