Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Croix de Fer fork specs

Hi,

I need to know the size of an uncut steerer tube of a 2014 Croix de Fer frameset's fork, and if it comes with a star nut fitted.

Maybe somebody here knows it...

Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

MKultra | 9 years ago
0 likes

You asked for specs.

There are tons of cross forks out there.

Niall | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've already contacted Genesis, but was told they don't sell the Croix de Fer fork separately (don't really want to pay £375 for the whole frameset).
Looks like the 2015 model will have after-market fork upgrades.. I'll perhaps go down that route.

MKultra | 9 years ago
0 likes
MKultra | 9 years ago
0 likes

Genesis (also known as Madison UK) sell bare frames and forks if you look at the current web page for them, I would hit them up for the info.

lluisb | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, now I know what to expect. I'm just making research but don't know where you can get a new separate fork. I'm planning to buy a frameset (cross or similar, not a race one).

I've read somewhere (maybe a forum) that a folk asked Genesis if they have a spare fork and they sent him an aluminum one (I guess not for free, sure). Maybe you can ask them directly.

Thanks again!

jacknorell | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't know about the steerer length, but it won't have a star nut installed as that entirely depends on the final cut length. Star nuts are usually supplied with the headset.

Niall | 9 years ago
0 likes

Can't answer your question, but would be interested to know where you plan to get one from? I've bent mine, and can't find a spare anywhere.

Latest Comments