Home

Hi,

I need to know the size of an uncut steerer tube of a 2014 Croix de Fer frameset's fork, and if it comes with a star nut fitted.

Maybe somebody here knows it...

Thanks!

7 comments

Niall [38 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Can't answer your question, but would be interested to know where you plan to get one from? I've bent mine, and can't find a spare anywhere.

jacknorell [942 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Don't know about the steerer length, but it won't have a star nut installed as that entirely depends on the final cut length. Star nuts are usually supplied with the headset.

lluisb [1 post] 1 year ago
0 likes

Thanks, now I know what to expect. I'm just making research but don't know where you can get a new separate fork. I'm planning to buy a frameset (cross or similar, not a race one).

I've read somewhere (maybe a forum) that a folk asked Genesis if they have a spare fork and they sent him an aluminum one (I guess not for free, sure). Maybe you can ask them directly.

Thanks again!

MKultra [394 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Genesis (also known as Madison UK) sell bare frames and forks if you look at the current web page for them, I would hit them up for the info.

0 likes
Niall [38 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I've already contacted Genesis, but was told they don't sell the Croix de Fer fork separately (don't really want to pay £375 for the whole frameset).
Looks like the 2015 model will have after-market fork upgrades.. I'll perhaps go down that route.

0 likes

You asked for specs.

There are tons of cross forks out there.