SOLD: Lemond Etape women's road bike (45cm)

by TheTompy   January 11, 2010  

THIS BIKE IS NOW SOLD

My wife has decided to sell one of her road bikes and get an entry-level mountain bike.

The bike she's selling is a Lemond Etape (2007 model) and has been ridden outside for a total of about 400 metres. The rest of the time it has been in the garage on a turbo trainer (with an old wheel and a turbo-specific tyre). As you would expect, the bike is in mint condition.

It's a 45cm semi-compact aluminium frame in silver with pale blue Lemond panels on the down tube and seat tube. The carbon forks are black as is the finishing kit which is all Bontrager. The seatpost is also carbon to smooth out the ride. The gears are 8-speed with a Bontrager triple chainset using a Shimano Sora derailleur at the front and a Shimano Tiagra rear derailleur. The STI levers are Shimano ST2200. The saddle is a Bontrager women's specific model.

The wheels are Alex AT-450 rims with no-name hubs. I have replaced the original tyres (which were a bit crap) with Continental GP4000's 700x25. Also the original pedals have been swapped for Shimano SPD pedals.

The handlebars have been double-taped with an additional layer of silver Cinelli carbon effect tape on top of the original black cork tape. It's nice and comfy with two layers of tape. Finally, there is also a silver bottle cage fitted.

Looking for £300 ono.

We're in Peterborough and I don't want to post this so either collection, delivery by me or meet half-way or something.