Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

USA Pro challenge

When is this opening? Anyone taking it seriously can't do Vuelta and may have been in Utah last week. All the protour teams are bringing their strongest nine.

In short, I don't expect much will change before Monday from the draft teams shown on Gkam's favourite site

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

65 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I set it up and handed over to TER as I was going to be away the final weekend, but I'm not anymore.

The reason I put it at 4pm (16.00) (8am local time), consistency on every stage being the same deadline and because stage two, starts at 17.10 tomorrow. So I had to cut off before that.

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... The reason I put it at 4pm (16.00) (8am local time)... because stage two, starts at 17.10 tomorrow...

Thank you a for the explanation... According to the USA Pro Challenge site (http://www.usaprocyclingchallenge.com/stages/2014/stage-2 ) Stage 2 starts at 11:10am tomorrow local time in Aspen, CO, though, which would be 18:10 London time, unless I'm mistaken...  45

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is the only competition I've seen where one could have done a reasonably decent purist team only with 3 credits guys... I couldn't say why I didn't actually try it...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

The Purist Velociraptor team Deluxe brought to you by Spielberg Productions, served in a f*ck off sized bun with extra 'slaw and about 5 sauces, not forgetting the plastic cheese slices.

Jure Kocjan (TSS)
Tejay Van Garderen (BMC)
Phillip Gaimon (GRS)
Thomas Danielson (GRS)
Rafal Majka (TSB)
Leopold Konig (TNE)
Hugh Carthy (RCJ)
Lachlan Norris (DPC)
Carter Jones (OPM)

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Purist Topsport Torquay team, presented by Mamma Betsy's authentic jerk turkey leg in a can, on a stick

Majka
TJVG
Danielson
Reijnen
Zoidl
Rosskopf
Kocjan
Konrad
Putt

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

The purist Voodoo All Stars team, presented by Yankee Tastee Cheez Wizzos

Rogers
TJVG
Reijnen
Danielson
Jones (Carter)
Tvetcov
Rosskopf
Zabel
Kocjan

JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes

i beg to differ too. But who am i differing from?

enrique replied to JAndrewHill | 9 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

... But who am i differing from?

I don't know...  39 But I stand by your right to differ...  41

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Try hard ; )

northstar | 9 years ago
0 likes

I see no buses...

allezrider | 9 years ago
0 likes

Whilst I sympathise with enrique, having also failed to enter a team (couldn't get in last night, assumed deadline would be c18:00 so missed 14:00 deadline), everybody was faced with the same situation. Time waits for no-one - if you missed the bus would you expect to call the bus company and get them to send it back for you?

ray silvester replied to allezrider | 9 years ago
0 likes
allezrider wrote:

Whilst I sympathise with enrique, having also failed to enter a team (couldn't get in last night, assumed deadline would be c18:00 so missed 14:00 deadline), everybody was faced with the same situation. Time waits for no-one - if you missed the bus would you expect to call the bus company and get them to send it back for you?

enrique would....and ask them what time the Vuelta bus was coming at the same time LOL

enrique replied to allezrider | 9 years ago
0 likes
allezrider wrote:

While I sympathize with your attempt to draw an analogy that involves public transportation, and, as a fellow player I am truly sorry you missed the 1400 deadline, I do believe that resetting a deadline, which unfortunately was, in my opinion, not set at a reasonable time for a race that starts at 1400 on another continent several time zones away, I believe that resetting the deadline does not entail the logistical problems of having said bus company either send another bus or have one return to the station for you.

I believe resetting the deadline is way easier and far more reasonable than your scenario. Although it was announced, I don't think anyone save Wig_Billy made any mention of the wide gap between the race start time and the game deadline, and even Wig_Billy was not clear about how many hours difference there were:

Wig_Billy wrote:

I know you guys at road.cc are paranoid about late transfer deadlines these days, but you're taking the piss with the deadlines for this race.

ray silvester wrote:

enrique would....

You're damn right I would. You are talking to a guy who, granted, previous to the events of 9-11, had an attendant stop an airliner that had already boarded and was beginning to taxi to the runway because they had mistakenly thought they had all their passengers on board, and have it return to the terminal to pick up the Finance Director of a company I used to work for who was delayed on another flight.

That said, maybe this is all an honest oversight, but I see no problem with correcting it by reopening the stage, or, at the very least, delay the deadlines for all future stages.

I do think, you, and (!) any and all (!) others who missed the deadline deserve the chance to still put in a team.

I think it's reasonable to have that opportunity especially when the race start is still over 5 hours away right now.

In fact, I find it ridiculous that that opportunity isn't given to people like you. I believe a mistake should be admitted and the problem resolved. This is, I believe, an international game, with international participation, and I think the game managers know it and realize it.

I think you should honor the commtiment to running a game that operates reasonably professionally and accommodate your international 'guests' within reason. And I think resetting the deadline is (!) within reason. And don't get me wrong, I love this game. I just beg to differ.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yesterday evening.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

He's in my team!

backflipbedlem replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

He's in my team!

He's in my Purist!
Dont want to post my team just in case Enrique gets his way!

enrique replied to backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

...just in case Enrique gets his way!

It's not 'my' way, it's the 'right' way...  39

backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes

so which stage will jens go for?
2, 3? or every stage?

livestrongnick replied to backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

so which stage will jens go for?
2, 3? or every stage?

How about all of them?  19

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's only 7:03am Aspen time and the race doesn't start until 2:40pm...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

It seems like no one is around. If the deadline closes, can it reopen for a few hours since the stage still won't start for about 6 more hours?...

enrique replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

It seems like no one is around. If the deadline closes, can it reopen for a few hours since the stage still won't start for about 6 more hours?...

Well, the deadline passed, the stage closed, but since the race start isn't until more than 6 hours away, can it be reopened for a few hours?... Who's in charge of setting the stage deadlines anyways, TER?...  39 Why are they so early?... Was it a mistake?... I couldn't get in yesterday because the game was updating when I was able to get on my computer, otherwise I would have asked yesterday...  45

backflipbedlem replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
enrique wrote:

Well, the deadline passed, the stage closed, but since the race start isn't until more than 6 hours away, can it be reopened for a few hours?... Who's in charge of setting the stage deadlines anyways, TER?...  39 Why are they so early?... Was it a mistake?... I couldn't get in yesterday because the game was updating when I was able to get on my computer, otherwise I would have asked yesterday...  45

Been listed as 14:00 deadline since it opened!

enrique replied to backflipbedlem | 9 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

...Been listed as 14:00 deadline since it opened!

Ok, it opened yesterday, right?... What time did it open? I was only able to get to the computer yesterday for a short while and I couldn't access the game because it was updating... so I didn't know what the deadline was yesterday...  39 When I woke up today I figured the race wouldn't start until mid afternoon in Aspen which is 2 hours earlier than NY time... so I was surprised I had so little time to put in a team this morning... And there's still (!) more than 5 hours left before race start time... I think the race should still be open to put riders in for Stage 1... It makes sense to me (!)... I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but...  45

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
enrique wrote:

Im doing the scoring (took it over at last minute), but as for the rest of it and the setup I had no input so cannot really comment, i didn't know the deadlines myself (just quickly put in a team knowing it was today), was only on yesterday to make sure it got opened when I saw your post, and to update the rosters. Had I had a less busy week last week I may have picked up on it, so im sorry for that

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Im doing the scoring...

Thank you... TER, out of curiosity, when you set up a stage race, do you have the flexibility to choose an earlier or a later deadline for each stage?...  39 So, for example, if you have a TT during a stage race and the race organizers set a start time later in the day than usual for a full road stage, can you set a later deadline for that oen day?... I'm pretty sure we've done it before...

Gkam84 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Im doing the scoring...

Thank you... TER, out of curiosity, when you set up a stage race, do you have the flexibility to choose an earlier or a later deadline for each stage?...  39 So, for example, if you have a TT during a stage race and the race organizers set a start time later in the day than usual for a full road stage, can you set a later deadline for that oen day?... I'm pretty sure we've done it before...

We can set the deadline to whatever, but SOMEONE moaned like f**k about deadlines being all over the place we now set them all at the same time.

Do us all a favour, go set up your own website, with your own game and stop trying to change this one.

You will noticed you are VERY much in the minority asking for things to be changed, complaining about different things and general moaning. Play the game, enjoy it and leave the organisation to us

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... We can set the deadline to whatever, but SOMEONE moaned like f**k about deadlines being all over the place...

Who was that?...  39

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

I just checked and the official site says the stage doesn't start until Mon. Aug 18th at 2:40 PM MT, which is more than 6 hours away but the stage deadline is in 23 minutes, can anyone extend the deadline, please?... I would have reported it yesterday but the only time I had to check the game was updating and I just logged in today... I think it's reasonable to have thedeadline much later... There's no need to close it so early... Dave, could you look into it? TER, can you help out?... Thanks...

northstar replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I just checked and the official site says the stage doesn't start until Mon. Aug 18th at 2:40 PM MT, which is more than 6 hours away but the stage deadline is in 23 minutes, can anyone extend the deadline, please?... I would have reported it yesterday but the only time I had to check the game was updating and I just logged in today... I think it's reasonable to have thedeadline much later... There's no need to close it so early... Dave, could you look into it? TER, can you help out?... Thanks...

Sorry...that's my fault.

I'm sure the deadline was around 5 to 5.30pm GMT today yesterday evening...

Open it again eh...enrique is a road.cc treasure (probably not the only one caught out), not the anti-christ like me ; )

Pages

Latest Comments