Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco stage 1

Sprinters for 2 stages defo

Standard

Bouhanni
Greipel
Nizzolo
Modolo
Mezgec
Guardini
Sprengers
Melsen
Nauleau

Purist

Mezgec
GVA
Stybar
EBH
Boom
Vanendert
Cummings
Van Staeyen
Devolder

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

It will not be the leader of the combative overall that gets the 10 points each day.

It will be the person who gets the most combative points on each stage.

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

It will not be the leader of the combative overall that gets the 10 points each day.

It will be the person who gets the most combative points on each stage.

Thanks...

enrique replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

It will not be the leader of the combative overall that gets the 10 points each day.... It will be the person who gets the most combative points on each stage.

You know, honestly, I've been thinking about it, and, under the circumstances, I think it makes more sense to have it awarded as a Classification rather than awarded to the rider who gets the most points at those particular Sprints... Pavel Brutt got a whopping 45 points yesterday and with both types of Sprints along the way, well, piling on 10 extra points to the rider that already made it a point to get the most points during the race, well, it seems a little excessive... It's almost like giving 10 points at the end of the day to the rider who got the most KOM points... It doesn't automatically happen... Sometimes they're awarded the Combativity prize and sometimes they're not... I say next year we make it another classification, 5,4,3,2,1... It seems more appropriate to me rather than handing out what could be a game changing 10 points every day...

Jonas Lorenzen | 9 years ago
0 likes

I didnt gået any points for Modolo, lanterne rouge...?

Jonas Lorenzen replied to Jonas Lorenzen | 9 years ago
0 likes

..yes i did..  7

tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gkam,
Thanks for the clarification. As I understand it, the middle sprint went Smukulis, De Vreese, Van Bilsen, and you can see this from the times of the GC standings; ie De Vreese is at .05 and Van Bilsen at .08 (sprints are 3,2,1 bonus seconds).
Doesn't the Eneco organisation realise we have a serious competition running here and need good info.
When you said "leader of the combative gets 10", did you mean, on that stage, not the overall progressive leader. (see enrique's question/comment).
And thanks for doing a great job; you must get sick of this constant questioning; but we need to know the rules to maximise our play.
Regards

enrique replied to tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

... When you said "leader of the combative gets 10", did you mean, on that stage, not the overall progressive leader?... we need to know the rules...

That's a good point to clarify... I hate to give away a strategy, not that any of mine work, but at 7.4 credits, if Kenneth Van Bilsen wanted to keep the jersey and he made it a point to be at the top of the Combativity Classification he could be a cost neutral swap 'cause he would get 10 points if he stays at the top Combativity Classification and it would offset a 10 point penalty... Plus he might go out there and get you sprint points along the way every day...  39 I mean, he got 28 points yesterday, if he keeps that up he's worth sticking in the team isn't he?...  39 That's why I think you should clarify if you'll give the 10 points to the leader of the Classification or to rider who got the most 'Combativity' Points on each stage... Again, if it's the leader of the clasification you're rewarding, I'd go with 5,4,3,2,1.

tony kappler wrote:

... thanks for doing a great job...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Result final boni sprint
1. Lars Boom
2. Alex Dowsett
3. Philippe Gilbert

Result 2nd Primus Checkpoint Sprint
1. Van Bilsen
2. De Vreese
3. Smukulis

Result 1st Primus Checkpoint Sprint
1. Smukukis
2. Van Bilsen
3. De Vreese

Result 1st boni sprint:
1. De Vreese
2. Smukulis
3. Van Bilsen

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Tony. Eneco are only reporting 2 sprints and 2 combative sprints. But the stage does show 3 sprints. Both of which I have scored 6,4,2 and then the points jersey is 5,4,3,2,1 and leader of the combative gets 10.

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... leader of the combative gets 10.

So if Kenneth Van Bilsen retains the Combativity Classification lead tomorrow he gets another 10 points tomorrow?...  39 I think I'd treat it as another jersey and give out another set of 5,4,3,2 and 1 points rather than 10 points to the leader of that Classification... No other Classification leader gets 10 points unless they're the GC leader...  45 Maybe you should figure out who got the most Combativity points that day and award 10 points to the rider who got the most Combativity Points in that one stage, but if you're going to award points to the leader of the Classification, I'd do it the 5,4,3,2,1 way...

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Wow, 7th on the stage (although I won this stage last year!) is a nice surprise after losing an epic 10-8 darts match. What with Poland as well, my FS standing will have markedly improved this month...

tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gkam,
I'm struggling as usual to work out points in the Eneco. I think in stage 1 there are 3 sprint and 2 combativity points, each scoring 6,4,2 road.cc points. And you are only scoring 5,4,3,2,1 for overall position in points jersey (not combativity).
Could you confirm this?
Thanks

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Holy macaroni - went and got a high roller badge AND a stage top ten! All without really trying.

No changes for tomorrow.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I loaded the bookends as a badge. I guess Dave changed them  24

As for the scores, they are going up. F**K knows how the tour have worked out the GC, because it doesn't relate to first home, not bonus seconds for winning some sprints.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I finally get bookends and theres no badge for it  40

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The points and sprints are a combined jersey in Eneco

There is also a separate combative sprint jersey

TERatcliffe26 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The points and sprints are a combined jersey in Eneco

There is also a separate combative sprint jersey

Not that it makes any difference, but I scored both sprint types last year, 6,4,2

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

If there is no mountain jersey (as there is only one mountain, and it's on stage 7) are we going to rate the jerseys for both points and sprints comp?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Scores will be up soon, struggling to find the sprints results but found them now.

Just figuring out if I should take in the combative sprints into the points.....

0 likes

1,4,10,11,12,17 is better than you'd expect from a messy day like today, so I'm happy. And Boom seems to be 5th on GC for some reason (intermediate bonus seconds?) so that's a few more points too.

Cancellara lost 18 seconds, but none of the other main GC contenders seemed to lose any time.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Think Modolo was LR, a crumb of comfort for those of is who picked him.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Everyone picked Guardini, right?

Annoyingly, stupidly, I dropped Dumoulin (why?) and Boy van Poppel from my purist. I don't know what goes through my head sometimes. No Dowsett either.

0 likes

Looks like the wind blew, I didn't see it, but it was pretty chaotic apparently. I had missed the phrase "Crash involving Goss" on twitter recently, so it was reassuring to see it crop up again today...

enrique replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

... I had missed the phrase "Crash involving Goss" on twitter... it was reassuring to see it... again today...

Heh heh!  1

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

What happened?

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Went sprint crazy last night which is going to bugger me up later in the week. Also took out Breschel this morning which was stupid.

Boonen, Bouhanni, Guardini, Howard, Jans, Modolo, Markus, Mezgec, Porsev(!),

Purist - no idea -
Boonen, Dumoulin, Gilbert, Guardini, Jans, Rojas, Sprengers, Stybar, Thomas.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've gone cheap and cheerful

David Millar (GRS) Value: 3.0
Valentin Iglinskiy (AST) Value: 4.2
Pablo Lastras Garcia (MOV) Value: 4.4
Yoann Offredo (FDJ) Value: 5.8
Stijn Devolder (TFR) Value: 6.0
Bram Tankink (BLK) Value: 6.5
Manuele Mori (LAM) Value: 6.9
Gatis Smukulis (KAT) Value: 7.0
Francisco Jose Ventoso (MOV) Value: 7.1

0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I've gone cheap and cheerful...

You're just looking for ways to entertain yourself... aren't you?... I have to applaud your creativity in the face of your disinterest in men's pro cycling this year... How's your interest in women's pro cycling?  39 ... Has it waned any or is your exuberance still there?...  39

Ghedebrav replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I've gone cheap and cheerful

David Millar (GRS) Value: 3.0
Valentin Iglinskiy (AST) Value: 4.2
Pablo Lastras Garcia (MOV) Value: 4.4
Yoann Offredo (FDJ) Value: 5.8
Stijn Devolder (TFR) Value: 6.0
Bram Tankink (BLK) Value: 6.5
Manuele Mori (LAM) Value: 6.9
Gatis Smukulis (KAT) Value: 7.0
Francisco Jose Ventoso (MOV) Value: 7.1

But still no Guardini?  13

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

3 trying to get away but not working together.
De vreese
Smukulis
Van bilsen

Pages

Latest Comments