Tour de Pologne stage 6 podium badge?

by simon F   August 8, 2014  

I had Intxausti, Izaguirre (the right one) and Majka for today so is there any particular reason I didn't get the podium badge?

15 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Separately - are the points for the mountains correct? Paterski got 66 points today, that's a little high given that the rest of the riders weren't competing on the mountains at the end

posted by Twybaydos [358 posts]
8th August 2014 - 20:17

2 Likes

Ive done Intxausti's points wrong by the look of it, will update in a moment

Yep 66 is correct, topped4 mountains, 2nd in another and 4th in another = 60 points, then 5 for top of that classification and 1 for 5th in the sprints classification.

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3993 posts]
8th August 2014 - 20:38

3 Likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Ive done Intxausti's points wrong by the look of it, will update in a moment

Yep 66 is correct, topped4 mountains, 2nd in another and 4th in another = 60 points, then 5 for top of that classification and 1 for 5th in the sprints classification.

Think Paterski should be 69 Confused , he came 3rd in today's sprint, making him 4th in the overall.

1 MEIER Christian 8 OGE 3 3s
2 VUILLERMOZ Alexis 158 ALM 2 2s
3 PATERSKI Maciej 194 CCC 1 1s

posted by Gmancervelo [59 posts]
8th August 2014 - 20:57

2 Likes

Gmancervelo wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Ive done Intxausti's points wrong by the look of it, will update in a moment

Yep 66 is correct, topped4 mountains, 2nd in another and 4th in another = 60 points, then 5 for top of that classification and 1 for 5th in the sprints classification.

Think Paterski should be 69 Confused , he came 3rd in today's sprint, making him 4th in the overall.

1 MEIER Christian 8 OGE 3 3s
2 VUILLERMOZ Alexis 158 ALM 2 2s
3 PATERSKI Maciej 194 CCC 1 1s

Not sure where you have that information from but I have no information of that from the official site.

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3993 posts]
8th August 2014 - 21:27

2 Likes

It's from the official site.

http://tdp.infocity.pl/pdf/editions/54/wyniki.pdf

But I've just noticed the web page doesn't include the result but the pdf does. Confused

posted by Gmancervelo [59 posts]
8th August 2014 - 21:37

2 Likes

It looks as though they've forgot to put the result on the web page, but it is in the PDF on the official site.

posted by Gmancervelo [59 posts]
8th August 2014 - 22:08

4 Likes

Did you forget to include the scores for the leaders in the Points classification? I've had 0 score for Hutarovich, last two days.

posted by Suthisan [11 posts]
9th August 2014 - 0:45

3 Likes

Suthisan wrote:
Did you forget to include the scores for the leaders in the Points classification? I've had 0 score for Hutarovich, last two days.

there is no score for the points jersey classification, just the sprints jersey

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3993 posts]
9th August 2014 - 5:25

4 Likes

Gmancervelo wrote:
It looks as though they've forgot to put the result on the web page, but it is in the PDF on the official site.

Will have a gander and sort it this afternoon after work

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3993 posts]
9th August 2014 - 5:26

3 Likes

Suthisan wrote:
Did you forget to include the scores for the leaders in the Points classification? I've had 0 score for Hutarovich, last two days.
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
there is no score for the points jersey classification, just the sprints jersey
And yet, the natural thing to assume, which obviously Suthisan did, I did, and many others did, until Joel pointed out what was written on the TOP stage scoring pages, is that the 'actual' Points jersey would be honored and scored... I may have already said this... maybe... I can't recall... I wish we could get a commitment that there won't be any 'ignoring' the 'true' Points jersey in any stage race next year... I don't really care if we add a dozen other classifications to score, please, score the 'actual' Points jersey in every stage race, please... Plain Face I may be mistaken, but I don't think there's any need ever (!), to have to (!) choose between one or the other... For consistency's sake, please, Plain Face , consider that simple practice... I think most people would rather rely on the consistency that the 'true' Points jersey will be honored and scored in every competition than have competitions where a Sprint jersey is scored and then have another where the 'Points' jersey is scored. I may be wrong, but I'd bet the vast majority of players would prefer the consistency of having the 'Points' jersey scored in every stage race competition... C'mon, it isn't that big of a deal and you have to admit there's no reason to score the IMS jersey except for game manager discretion... Or is there another reason? Thinking ...

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1795 posts]
9th August 2014 - 13:12

5 Likes

The is a need to ignore the points jersey, when it is only being used to score finish line points.

Finish line points get scored already in this game, we are not going to add more just because there isn't a combined points jersey

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [9040 posts]
9th August 2014 - 14:57

3 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
...Finish line points get scored already in this game, we are not going to add more just because there isn't a combined points jersey
Intermediate Sprint Points are already getting scored in this game, too, aren't they?... At any rate, does each game manager decide what jersey they want to score or is there a concensus that, if, as you say. there is no 'Combined Points' Jersey , the 'Points' jersey that will be scored will be the Intermediate Sprint Points Jersey? So, did TER choose to score the IMS Jersey in the TOP on his own, or was he simply following the protocol you have described?... Thinking So, going forward, is the standard that if theres no 'Combined Points Jersey' we should expect that the IMS Jersey will be scored for all races?...

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1795 posts]
9th August 2014 - 21:01

2 Likes

Sheesh Enrique, you've been playing this game long enough to know that, if there's an intermediate sprints jersey, they score that. If there's not, they score the general points jersey. And yet you keep bringing it up as if its a point of contention. Get over it.

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1648 posts]
10th August 2014 - 1:06

2 Likes

Separate point for next year - is it right that the points for the mountains on this stage are so high as it sways the game a bit. Paterski is now one of the top 100 riders in the game based on rankings and Meier obtained 56 points for coming second and third on a mountain most of the time. Would it not be better to have the points 5,4,3,2,1? We all know this stage will be done again.

Blel kadri only got 15 points for climbing the tourmalet first to put things in perspective.

posted by Twybaydos [358 posts]
10th August 2014 - 11:19

0 Likes

The Tourmalet is easy tho. I climb that in my sleep. Backwards.

posted by Joelsim [1451 posts]
10th August 2014 - 14:08

1 Like