Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Taxi / Transfer recommendations with Bike Bag in Majorca

I am off to Majorca in a week's time and thinking of taking my bike over. However, I have started looking at the cost of taxi transfer and after recommendations.

I am with my family (so four of us), plus normal bags, plus one bike bag. I don't want to pay a fortune for a mini-bus (it seems twice the price of a normal taxi), though thinking that most estate taxis will not fit a bike box in the boot.

Anyone had the same problem and found a good taxi / transfer firm?

Many thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

alimaysports | 9 years ago
0 likes

I did this recently, but there were only 2 of us.

I just got the bus and it worked out fine for me, but I'm not sure if that's suitable for you.

People did suggest renting a bike over there, but by bringing a bike box it allows extra room (usually up to 30kg) in which you can bring your gear. So it's good to remember that if you rent over there, you still need to find room in your bags for your cycling clothing etc.

Markmod | 9 years ago
0 likes

I use the Mallorca shuttle bus... Alway excellent service. And cheap too. http://www.shuttletransunion.com you need to go from the airport to a registered hotel... Something to do with the law/ insurance in Mallorca. However we have always found a hotel near the villa, or destination for the drop off point.

Also ensure you have confirmed and paid for bike transfer. Often worth a quick email to one of the shuttle bus team( Sebastia at reservas [at] transunion.info ) is helpful just to get confirmation emall... But soo much cheaper than taxis I think you will find.

Flying Scot | 9 years ago
0 likes

7 seat people carriers are book able, that should do?

I always use the local taxi firm rather than an agency, find them on google and email them with what you want, has worked thus far.

armchairbiker | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have hired before and then taken my bike when on a group trip. What I did was just book a bike on the flight when I booked it months ago. Now I am looking at prices etc etc, I do wonder if it's all worth it now.

dunnoh | 9 years ago
0 likes

In all honesty I would hire a bike out there. The quality is superb and really cheap. If you still want to take your bike then taxis will take bikes - its so setup for riding there.

Latest Comments