Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking for ride buddies near Congleton, Cheshire

Right, so following a previous thread talking about moving house and the surrounding terrain etc, it looks like Farrell was right (thanks!) and we're moving to just outside Congleton. It will be a while yet (I'm guessing October/November) until we actually move, but I note that Congleton CC meet up at 09:30 on a sunday, which is too late for me. I like to meet up for 8 and get back around 12 - this way my family and my cycling aren't competing for my time too much - is anyone else in the area, prefers the early start, and is up for riding together? I generally like to ride 50-60 miles with some good climbs over about 4 hours.

*Watches tumbleweed roll by*...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Lfcquin | 9 years ago
0 likes

There is a ride from Congleton Cycle Centre at 9.00am Sundays, normally home for 12.00 to 12.30 covering 60 miles. (Depends who is out and time of year) It's a small fast group of local racers, often led by Mark Lovatt. It works for me, I've two young kids, so I get to spend the afternoon with them.

notfastenough replied to Lfcquin | 9 years ago
0 likes
Lfcquin wrote:

There is a ride from Congleton Cycle Centre at 9.00am Sundays, normally home for 12.00 to 12.30 covering 60 miles. (Depends who is out and time of year) It's a small fast group of local racers, often led by Mark Lovatt. It works for me, I've two young kids, so I get to spend the afternoon with them.

Cool, sounds a bit quick for me currently, but I reckon I could work back up to that. I'll bear it in mind, thanks.

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm looking forward to it. I'm currently in Manchester so usually get into the goyt etc or occasionally mow cop, which I can see from the new house! My favourite bit of the club run though is the mad dash back into Manchester. It's often race pace for the last 20-30 mins, and it's not the same on your own. Still, I'm cool with my own company, so let's see how it goes.

dunnoh | 9 years ago
0 likes

Even if you go by yourself, Its a great area for riding. You have the lovely flat Cheshire and some of the best roads in a the Peak for riding around - Lamaload / Goyt Valley.

arfa | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not my area I am afraid but I know the feeling. I can't join a cycling club as they all go too late and impinge on family life. I tend to ride early either with a few regulars or solo (better training that way anyway).
I don't know whether go sky ride is any use ?

Latest Comments