Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Any Thoughts - Trek Madone 4.9 Compact Ultegra Di2

I am looking to upgrade my bike and have been looking around at current deals. Evans currently have the Trek Madone 4.9 Compact Ultegra Di2 at £2075. This seems like a lot of bike at that price and was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts about this bike? I currently ride a Cube Agree GTC which I plan to keep, but feel it is time to up the ante.

Thanks
Dave

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

PurpleDog | 9 years ago
0 likes

I test-rode that bike, amongst others. It felt great, the electronic gears are something else, and at £1850 (at my LBS) it was sooo tempting, but the new Emonda SL 6 felt just a little better to me (more comfort from the 500 series carbon vs 400 series perhaps?), so I went with that instead.
The difference was marginal though, and those gears are sublime... I have no doubt I'd have been very happy with either.

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just checked the site - so it's the 2014 model, with the aero frame and 11sp Di2. Ok, so the Madone is being phased out for the emonda, but I think I'd take that. Last years 4.9 colour scheme was crap, but this one looks ace. I have the 2013 4.5. Do it!

Latest Comments