Any Thoughts - Trek Madone 4.9 Compact Ultegra Di2

by DeeJayJay   July 31, 2014  

I am looking to upgrade my bike and have been looking around at current deals. Evans currently have the Trek Madone 4.9 Compact Ultegra Di2 at £2075. This seems like a lot of bike at that price and was wondering if anyone had any experience or thoughts about this bike? I currently ride a Cube Agree GTC which I plan to keep, but feel it is time to up the ante.

Thanks
Dave

2 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Just checked the site - so it's the 2014 model, with the aero frame and 11sp Di2. Ok, so the Madone is being phased out for the emonda, but I think I'd take that. Last years 4.9 colour scheme was crap, but this one looks ace. I have the 2013 4.5. Do it!

Last night I would have considered trading a very loud baby for a really nice bike.

posted by notfastenough [3313 posts]
31st July 2014 - 10:44

1 Like

I test-rode that bike, amongst others. It felt great, the electronic gears are something else, and at £1850 (at my LBS) it was sooo tempting, but the new Emonda SL 6 felt just a little better to me (more comfort from the 500 series carbon vs 400 series perhaps?), so I went with that instead.
The difference was marginal though, and those gears are sublime... I have no doubt I'd have been very happy with either.

posted by PurpleDog [37 posts]
31st July 2014 - 13:13

1 Like