Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Suggestion about the most comfortable aero road bike

Heyy guys,
I'm looking to upgrade to my current bike and I'm saving up for a long time to get a top level road bike. Since it's a huge investment for me, I'm kinda stuck between going for an aero road bike or a typical lighter bike. Where I live, the roads are full of potholes and abrasive surface. What I have learnt after some research from internet is that aero bikes tend to be lot stiffer and uncomfortable. Should I opt for aero model considering the bad road conditions that I have or should I stay with a bike more comfortable and lighter? Can you suggest me any aero bike which also comfortable on long rides as well as reliable on bad surfaces as I'm more leaning towards to an aero frame. Thanks in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Muntasir | 9 years ago
0 likes

I participate in amateur races and where I live sometimes pretty windy so that's why thought about going aero if there's at least some advantages over classic shaped tubes without sacrificing comfort if possible.

wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes

Are you going to be doing time trials of may be triathlons? If not forget the aero models. Aero models look eye catching but the aggressive body position is designed for racing and as such they are not comfortable.

Muntasir | 9 years ago
0 likes

Currently from aero models I have narrowed down to BMC TMR01, Specialized Venge and Canyon Aeroad. And from classic bikes I have narrowed down to BMC Timemachine SLR01, Canyon ultimate SLX, Cervelo R5. Please help me which aero model would suit my needs

Latest Comments