Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF stage 13

My team for today. Purito for the mountains and then some GCers. Got a feeling some good riders like Riblon may go for a win today

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Thibaut Pinot (FDJ)
Vincenzo Nibali (AST)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Romain Bardet (ALM)
Rein Taaramae (COF)
Giovanni Visconti (MOV)
Alexandre Pichot (EUC)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

44 comments

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Voeckler I think is saving himself for the Pyrenees (ditto Nico Roche, maybe). I think this break will be reeled in and either a GC guy or Purito will win the stage TBH.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Voeckler I think is saving himself for the Pyrenees (ditto Nico Roche, maybe). I think this break will be reeled in and either a GC guy or Purito will win the stage TBH.

I think the question is will it be reeled in before they top the Cat 1? or at the base of the HC?

As or the stage winner, others need to gain time on Nibs, and I don't think J-rod is as strong as any of the current top 7 on GC, so if attacks fly, does that mean around 8th is as good he can go on such a long climb?

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes TER, Valverde or Purito was my choice too, we went the same way for the same reasons I think! In fact we have 7 the same, with my Peraud and Konig against your Bardet and Taaramae. (Although I'm starting on minus 10)...

My best chance of a full house the way its shaping up - will probably come down to Konig as long as the others stay on their bikes...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Touche

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Katusha seem to be holding the peloton, so maybe J-Rod is biding his time to scamper up the cat 1 and then go for the win. I'd be extremely happy with that! Visconti 2nd  16

0 likes

I guess its conceivable that Katusha will try to keep the break in check and catch them on the penultimate climb so Purito can still attack early and take the points - never thought of that...  39

TERatcliffe26 replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I guess its conceivable that Katusha will try to keep the break in check and catch them on the penultimate climb so Purito can still attack early and take the points - never thought of that...  39

We've both had the same plan re J-Rod, whatever happens I cannot see J-Rod winning the stage, therefore say Nibs wins, he gets double points (50) and is likely to take the jersey even if J-Rod tops the cat, as thats only 15 points (correct?).

For the way my team is set up it was either Valverde or J-Rod. J-Rod will have mountain points but equally all the other riders I have (or could drop) have either GC points or YR points or both, so will J-rod outscore those GC riders on this stage alone? As long as the GC riders I have finish top 10 n the stage, the answer will be no, unless he is there at the finish,and tops the Cat 1 first as well, but if he is still in the may group some other GC riders may pick up points there too.

Anyway my team

Valverde
Nibali
Porte
Pinot
Bardet
Tejay
Voeckler
Taaramae
Visconti

0 likes

Break doesn't look all that strong (for a big mountain stage at least), so called it nicely for a change. Hopefully Visconti can recreate his Galibier (was it?) ride and the GC boys can fight for 2nd!

Will be interesting to see if Purito has the legs to challenge for the stage against the GC guys, or whether he'll save his legs for tomorrow - hopefully the latter as lots of people picked him today and I didn't!

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Questioned before the start by letour.fr, Joaquim Rodriguez explained how he intends to race for the KOM price today. “I feel great this morning because it's another hot day and we are going to the mountains”, said the Catalan climber. “It's going to be a very fast start with a lot of attacks as today's stage offers opportunities to many riders. I foresee a breakaway going early. Thomas Voeckler might try to be part of it, but whether he goes or not, if the group is big, I'll try to go for it as well. If not, my team will work to keep the race under control until we hit the first category climb [col de Palaquit]. I don't know the finish. I've looked at the road book. It doesn't seem to be a climb for a man to make a difference alone. It's more suitable for four or five riders to sprint for the stage victory.”

Joelsim replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Questioned before the start by letour.fr, Joaquim Rodriguez explained how he intends to race for the KOM price today. “I feel great this morning because it's another hot day and we are going to the mountains”, said the Catalan climber. “It's going to be a very fast start with a lot of attacks as today's stage offers opportunities to many riders. I foresee a breakaway going early. Thomas Voeckler might try to be part of it, but whether he goes or not, if the group is big, I'll try to go for it as well. If not, my team will work to keep the race under control until we hit the first category climb [col de Palaquit]. I don't know the finish. I've looked at the road book. It doesn't seem to be a climb for a man to make a difference alone. It's more suitable for four or five riders to sprint for the stage victory.”

That didn't work out then

0 likes

Couldn't decide whether it would be a break day today, decided it wouldn't be. So GC today and will bring in Purito and a wildcard tomorrow most likely.

Wasted a transfer on Trentin yesterday, either I was exceptionally lucky last year or I've been very unlucky this year, because I'm sure I didn't have anywhere near this many crashes/injuries/DQs etc in 2013!

Ten pens for this lot...

Nibali
Porte
Tejay
Valverde
Pinot
Peraud
Konig
Voeckler
Visconti

Joelsim replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Couldn't decide whether it would be a break day today, decided it wouldn't be. So GC today and will bring in Purito and a wildcard tomorrow most likely.

Wasted a transfer on Trentin yesterday, either I was exceptionally lucky last year or I've been very unlucky this year, because I'm sure I didn't have anywhere near this many crashes/injuries/DQs etc in 2013!

Ten pens for this lot...

Nibali
Porte
Tejay
Valverde
Pinot
Peraud
Konig
Voeckler
Visconti

A good day for you!

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

2 transfers banked and hoping for full house and maybe podium badges  7

Nibali
Porte
Van Garderen
JVDB
Bardet
Pinot
Voeckler
Peraud
Dumoulin

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

I keep hearing Riblon but I'm sure he's sick?

I took out my 2 sprinters Coquard and Degnkolb for Purito and Tejay

Nibali
Porte
Van Garderen
J.Rodriguez
Bardet
Pinot
Voeckler
Peraud
Bideau

Pages

Latest Comments