Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

campagnolo wheels with shimano components

Hi all, im new here so apologies if this has been covered before. I have just been given aiset of ccampagnolo vento reaction wheels. The freehub is campagnolo and my bike is shimano. Can I simply swap over the freehub to shimano or will this not work. Any advice greatfully received. Many thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

thewillox | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for all the replies guys. Not as straight forward as i hoped. I'll prob just convert it to single speed and use on my turbo trainer. I take it this is easy option?!?

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
drfabulous0 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Stuke that won't work, his bike is 9 speed, if it was 10 or 11 speed it would not be an issue as the spacing is the same.
If you can find the correct freehub then yes you can just swap it, but I would reccomend just getting a Campag groupset to go with your wheels.

stuke | 9 years ago
0 likes

another option is to use one of these - http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/387/ambr317/ambrosio-10-speed-casse...

its a Campag fitment cassette with Shimano spacing, I use the opposite version on a couple of my bikes running Shimano freehub wheels with Campag groupsets

mrmo | 9 years ago
0 likes

only thing to be aware of if you change the freehub, pick the right shimano version, campag have two axle diameters and two freehubs as a result.

Freehubs aren't cheap though!

thewillox | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that. It would be a 9 speed. I always thought that campag cassette wouldnt work with shimano gears, might be worth a try.

russyparkin | 9 years ago
0 likes

i run shimano and campag 10 speed on a couple of bikes

i swap the wheels over all the time, works perfectly fine.

if anything the shimano wheel on the campag groupset is a smoother shift

the campag in shimano works fine but not as totally slick as the opposite way around

Latest Comments