Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Closed road racing to get easier?

Not sure if the cycling world has picked this up but this is good news for us also.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/news/newsresults/general-news/2014/jul...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

What is it with people? The story is about motor racing. Doesn't even mention cycling. The furtherest it strays from motorsport is "We have seen in recent years a great number of successful sporting events here in the UK, of various sizes," so why are 3 out of 5 comments about cyclists?! Nutters.

neilv replied to notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

The original comment was intended to highlight why this could be good for road (cycle) racing in the UK.

It takes an act of parliament to close the roads currently and this was required for the three TdF stages. This is why the tour of Britain has rolling road closures and why several cyclists have been killed in the last few years racing on open roads.

So the opportunity for more closed road racing is only a good thing.

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is great news. I live on the IoM and the tarmac for the TT course is great, the Southern 100 course ain't too shabby either, if they emulate that for the UK it could mean RR circuits for pushy races are run on the same routes - meaning better roads and hopefully a better culture towards the sport.

But yeah, the "racing that people might actually be interested in" comment is ridiculous, I wonder if the sort of motorsport fans that come out with this crap realise that the people the idolise usually use cycling as a secondary sport to keep fit for the racing.

I've love for someone who stalks a top BSB, road or GP rider to shout abuse out a car one day at a cyclist, only to realise it's the rider they stalk! In fact, I think that actually happened over here recently!!

Anyway, grumbling aside - two wheels = awesome, even more reasons to visit the UK now.  1

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Some right douche bag comments in there!

Latest Comments