Tour de France Stage 7

by stumps   July 10, 2014  

I've started this one really early as i'm on day shift tomorrow so wont get a chance to update anything.

Its the second longest stage and mostly flat till the sting in the tail just before the end. I cant see the first cat 4 getting rid of to many sprinters but the second will.

A short blast down the other side to the finish line awaits anyone who can get over the top first.

I've got rid of all my sprinters bar one.

The weather is predicted to be wet with a chance of lightning.

53 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

...or maybe you could have a trivia question worht 5 points in the game to the first person who answers correctly while waiting for the game to update... Thinking

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1774 posts]
11th July 2014 - 18:01

2 Likes

Or they could update it at the same time as the skoda game......

posted by chiv30 [875 posts]
11th July 2014 - 18:03

2 Likes

So who's on tdf update duty? It's been updating for nearly an hour .....

11th July 2014 - 18:35

3 Likes

Ummmm how come terpstra got all the points not trentin? Surprise

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1838 posts]
11th July 2014 - 18:49

1 Like

chiv30 wrote:
Oh... is Skoda getting updated at the same time?... Are they running on separate databases?...

11th July 2014 - 19:06

1 Like

enrique wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
Oh... is Skoda getting updated at the same time?... Are they running on separate databases?...

No that was my point , skoda had been updated far in advance of road.cc

11th July 2014 - 19:08

2 Likes

Angry I gambled on Trentin and how come he only scores 5pts!!! c'mon guys... Rolling Eyes

posted by Turns8 [3 posts]
11th July 2014 - 19:13

1 Like

Turns8 wrote:
Angry I gambled on Trentin and how come he only scores 5pts!!! c'mon guys... Rolling Eyes

Because someone is having a bad day with the updates it seems

11th July 2014 - 19:19

3 Likes

Really sorry guys, my laptop died mid update, just running it again, I had Terpstra down, not Trentin, I'm on a bus, Dave is on a train, so the best of a bad situation,

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8905 posts]
11th July 2014 - 19:30

5 Likes

You can have a live google hangout with me next time I am at home updating the stage and see my face on concentration.

Yes, the Skoda one runs on a different database. I'm at my destination now. So doing it again with the right ones this time. I had my laptop plugged in on the bus, but for some reason, the power to the outlets was cut and I didn't notice. So half way through my update, my laptop died and so did the updating Yawn

Gkam84's picture

11th July 2014 - 19:36

3 Likes

Is it me or is Simon Gerrans involved in a lot of crashes at the minute?

posted by drheaton [3429 posts]
11th July 2014 - 19:56

2 Likes

Well, a song came to my mind... Anybody know 'It's Raining Again' by Supertamp? Sing with me... 'It's... updating again...' 'Oh, no, it's... updating again..'Oh, no... will it... ever end?' 'Oh, no, it's... updating again..'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUE4_PtOk0&feature=kp

11th July 2014 - 19:57

1 Like

drheaton wrote:
It's you... dressed as Simon Gerrans... trying to wreak havoc on the Fantasy Game and distract us so we don't notice 'It's Updating Again'...

11th July 2014 - 19:59

1 Like

Gkam84 wrote:
... I'm on a bus, Dave is on a train...

drheaton wrote:
Now if G is on a bus and Dave is on a train, where are you? 'Where in the world is drheaton'? Look, stop your lttle drivel on Gerrans and get on with helping Gkam with the updating of the game, please! Waiting He's on a bus, for God's sake! Where are you? Safe at home? Waiting Posting about Gerrans? Show a little consideration for Gkam and help out with the game for God's sake! I thought you loved this game! Waiting You should take care of Roadcc while he takes care of Skoda! Waiting And don't tell me your lttle brother wrote that comment! Waiting

11th July 2014 - 20:09

1 Like

I have reached my destination, but the server needs a kick, it isn't going right. It has jammed up Crying

Gkam84's picture

11th July 2014 - 20:16

2 Likes

drheaton wrote:

It was his sharp move that took down Talansky today! Silly

'Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you'

livestrongnick's picture

posted by livestrongnick [1838 posts]
11th July 2014 - 20:31

3 Likes

Fingers crossed...update is finished now. It was all my fault. I took it on, should have really waited until I was off the bus. In my haste to keep you all happy. My laptop died....

Sorry for an inconvenience caused. There was no issues on the Skoda, just this one Crying

Gkam84's picture

11th July 2014 - 20:58

2 Likes

hey i'm off my train. everyone okay?

Devil

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7406 posts]
11th July 2014 - 21:34

2 Likes

Every non-sprint stage has gone to a dark horse. That does crazy things for fantasy. Potential breakaway stages on the horizon could only increase the craziness.

www.VeloHuman.com
Previews and Recaps to Power You to Fantasy Cycling Glory

Current Preview: World Championship Road Race

posted by Dux89 [113 posts]
11th July 2014 - 21:41

1 Like

Gkam84 wrote:
... I took it on, should have really waited until I was off the bus....
You really shouldn't be risking life and limb on a bus to do the updates. Why can't dr do them? or TER? Hell, I'll do them! I'm never on a bus or on a train...

Gkam84 wrote:
...There was no issues on the Skoda, just this one...
So who's doing Skoda?... Waiting

11th July 2014 - 21:46

0 Likes

I did the Skoda one aswell, but it's update is on a separate database and it super fast Silly

Gkam84's picture

11th July 2014 - 21:49

1 Like

enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
... I took it on, should have really waited until I was off the bus....
You really shouldn't be risking life and limb on a bus to do the updates. Why can't dr do them? or TER? Hell, I'll do them! I'm never on a bus or on a train...

Gkam84 wrote:
...There was no issues on the Skoda, just this one...
So who's doing Skoda?... Waiting

Working 8-8 most days and till 10 on days when im not doing that shift puts me out of the running at the moment, sorry to disappoint enrique. (you may have noticed this by my general lack of forum activity until late on) However in the next month I will be going to normal hours of finishing at 4 and able to any updates then.

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3977 posts]
11th July 2014 - 21:54

3 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
I did the Skoda one aswell, but it's update is on a separate database and it super fast Silly

So why don't we have a super fast road.cc server? After all where's everones tenner go? Devil

11th July 2014 - 21:54

2 Likes

My team is turning into an online version of the Schlecks. Just horrible.

posted by Joelsim [1413 posts]
11th July 2014 - 22:00

2 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
Did Skoda buy the server for you guys? Anyways, you must be tired after all that updating, why don't you take care of Skoda and let me handle Road.cc? Thinking

11th July 2014 - 22:14

1 Like

chiv30 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

So why don't we have a super fast road.cc server? After all where's everones tenner go? Devil

It doesn't have as many players or as many leagues to update, such as purist, overall seasons etc. also I believe it doesn't need to update rider stats, or as many badges. The different leagues are what takes the longest to update.

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3977 posts]
11th July 2014 - 22:15

3 Likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

It doesn't have as many players or as many leagues to update, such as purist, overall seasons etc. also I believe it doesn't need to update rider stats, or as many badges. The different leagues are what takes the longest to update.

Cheers for that Ter but I was just poking fun Smile

11th July 2014 - 22:33

1 Like

chiv30 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

the skoda one's not doing a season's worth of calculations on 2,500 riders Wink

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7406 posts]
11th July 2014 - 23:09

4 Likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:
the skoda one's not doing a season's worth of calculations on 2,500 riders...
Why don't you run that part of the update during the race itself when there's no traffic in the game?...

12th July 2014 - 4:59

0 Likes

livestrongnick wrote:
drheaton wrote:

It was his sharp move that took down Talansky today! Silly

Looked 50-50 to me, that one though I wouldn't argue the toss. He's not a big guy, but I wouldn't want to take on Talansky. The Joe Pesci of the peloton.

Ghedebrav's picture

posted by Ghedebrav [1098 posts]
12th July 2014 - 8:27

0 Likes