Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF stage 3

Today has got to get better, surely.

493= and 74 Purist teams ahead of me so far. Worrying, but I guess understandable after yesterday's stage which was tougher than I expected.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Greipel out for me tomorrow, big waste of credits!  35

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hope you all proud of yourselves..ummm, cretins, I have more or less thrown away a win in the overall non premium purist title for the year Have a nice life, yep you all got on fine befroe I came and funny it was the same people that were arguing with me ... GKAM , STEVE the usuals  29

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Really glad I swapped out Greipel for Coquard and Demare. The intermediate sprints give so many points.

Alan Tullett replied to Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dux89 wrote:

Really glad I swapped out Greipel for Coquard and Demare. The intermediate sprints give so many points.

Had Demare in from the start and Coquard for stage 2. Int sprint points are very significant in the tour, especially when you're not sure what else will happen. Pity Bideau went out today as there were so few points but 15 is better than normal for an insignificant break. Probably Vachon tomorrow.

Got 199 today and jumped 880 places!  41
Sagan Kittel Demare Coquard and Van Poppel with Bideau as well.

Got 283 points on my roaduk team, but it wasn't my doubling stage  20

Do we have a roaduk mini-league like last year?

TERatcliffe26 replied to Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
Dux89 wrote:

Had Demare in from the start and Coquard for stage 2. Int sprint points are very significant in the tour, especially when you're not sure what else will happen. Pity Bideau went out today as there were so few points but 15 is better than normal for an insignificant break. Probably Vachon tomorrow.

Got 199 today and jumped 880 places!  41
Sagan Kittel Demare Coquard and Van Poppel with Bideau as well.

Got 283 points on my roaduk team, but it wasn't my doubling stage  20

Do we have a roaduk mini-league like last year?

Yes we do Alan, its called Road.cc, password Roadcc

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've gone to see the scores a couple of times in the last 15 minutes and I keep getting the 'We're Currently Updating' screen... Anybody out there still entering scoring info or did the updating 'hang?... Ooops... Never mind... I can see them now...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yay, 165 points today so back to scoring.

Ghedebrav replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Yay, 165 points today so back to scoring.

Yeah; me too. Would've been even better had I not taken a twenty point penalty hit (including dropping Haussler to accommodate Demare...).

No changes for tomorrow though  4

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Watching the slomo after the stage you see Griepel sitting up whilst the rest were still going for it - mechanical or did he realise he had no chance of winning so gave up ??????

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

What happened to griepel?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got Kittel, Sagan, Demare, Kristoff, Haussler and Lemoine today as well as Bideau, Voss and Gerard. A win for BSE would be swell!!

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Milan-San Remo winner has Alexander Kristoff (Katusha) has criticizedMark Cavendish's sprinting style, suggesting the Omega Pharma-QuickStep rider "lost his head a little bit” as he tried to win the opening stage of the Tour de France in Harrogate. He went as far as comparing Cavendish to football player Luis Suarez, who has track record of biting opponents in the heat of the moment.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thankfully no Cav or Modolo in mine; ummed and ahhed about both Nibali and Froome but in the end chose neither which now looks like a mistake. Might start a specific TDF purist thread to discuss these.

Re. today, I was celebrating Bideau in the break, then realised I don't actually have him, I have Vachon  40

For t'sprint, my big miss is Greipel who I couldn't afford to include. Instead I have Sagan, Demare, Coquard, Kristoff and Kittel.

Anyone got Viviani? Haven't really given him any thought but he should really fancy this stage for a podium at least.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Purist looking v poor, lost both of them.

I have someone in the break for the first time in months. Shame no points on offer until the intermediate sprint which is miles down the road.

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

The early good finish points and high standings for GC guys(Froome,Nibali etc) plus Sagan are putting purist teams pretty high up I reckon.

I'm sitting =1560 standard and =910 on purist so don't sweat it!!

Kristoff and Greipel in

Sagan(probably a massive blunder but couldn't get those 2 in otherwise) and Modolo(DNF yesterday) out

Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Demare
Navardauskas
Pichot
Paolini
Bideau
Haussler

Modolo and Cav retired already.....how are your purist teams looking guys?

ray silvester replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

The early good finish points and high standings for GC guys(Froome,Nibali etc) plus Sagan are putting purist teams pretty high up I reckon.

I'm sitting =1560 standard and =910 on purist so don't sweat it!!

Kristoff and Greipel in

Sagan(probably a massive blunder but couldn't get those 2 in otherwise) and Modolo(DNF yesterday) out

Greipel
Kittel
Kristoff
Demare
Navardauskas
Pichot
Paolini
Bideau
Haussler

Modolo and Cav retired already.....how are your purist teams looking guys?

My transfers were a disaster as I thought they might be!!

no changes tomorrow

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish's recklessness is reminiscent of the damage he caused to Heinrich Haussler four years ago at the Tour of Switzerland.

Latest Comments