Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Roadlite Frameset

I've been in the market for a good replacement frameset together my sizing right. Having looked at canyon before, this Roadlite looks like a good buy at £359 at the moment. With a full carbon fork, seatpost, stem and headset, it's cheaper than most other options. I'm bit in the financial position to buy a full bike at the moment, so a transferring of current equipment is the best option.

Does anybody ride this frame, Any thoughts? Any other frames I should be looking at? And finally worth the extra £200 for an Al SLX? I like a fast club run, want to do some sportives and have racing aspirations.

I'm 6 ft 4 as well so if anybody is a similar size, what size did you go for?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

mtbtomo | 9 years ago
0 likes

The SLX is ~200g lighter and its overall weight is a bit more comparable to Cannondale CAAD10 or Kinesis Aithein frames.

Will it bug you knowing there is 200g extra weight on your frame if you buy the cheaper one?

Miles253 replied to mtbtomo | 9 years ago
0 likes
mtbtomo wrote:

The SLX is ~200g lighter and its overall weight is a bit more comparable to Cannondale CAAD10 or Kinesis Aithein frames.

Will it bug you knowing there is 200g extra weight on your frame if you buy the cheaper one?

Perhaps yes, i think though, as the SLX is out of stock, i may have to go for the Roadlite or wait.

Miles253 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah that will be an issue for my height, i also dont particular like the look of Kinesis frames if i am honest. Do you think i should go with a better frame for the extra money now? I'm thinking as an investment it might be worth it, not sure though.

giobox | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't think you'll get better than that for the money tbh. If you are considering £200 more for a total budget of 560 quid did you look at the Kinesis Aithein? A really nice option, although I think the largest they do is a 56 which might be an issue for your hight.

Latest Comments