Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

£1900 bike replacement? what to buy

As result of an insurance clain against a car insurer, I am hoping to have £1900 to spend replacing my condemned Bike at my LBS I will have the choice of the following 105 equiped bikes.

Cannondale synapse 105
Specialized Roubaix SL4 elite
Specialized tarmac SL4 elite
Giant Defy 2 advanced
Cervelo R3
I lean towards the specialized because of the fulcrum wheels.

However If I was hard on the LBS which I would prefer not to be. I could buy a Canyon Ultimate CF, which is a whole world of upgrade compared to 105 and Mavic wheels. at around the same price.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

Take the R3 then save for some nice wheels!

Gman59c | 9 years ago
0 likes

I see you live in Angus. Why not pop into Nicholson's in Dundee. They are selling Focus Izalco Team SL 4.0 Force 22 for £1999 (£500 off), with Fulcrum wheels.

Miles253 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Do you know the size of your bikes? got your fit nailed? I would go Canyon. I want to go Canyon but am unsure of sizing still, so gravitating more towards lbs

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Does it HAVE to be your lbs?

I bet I could do you a Cannondale Synapse Ultegra Disc at a better price than the Synape 105....Although that is the alloy.

BUT, I also think I could do a Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra for around that price aswell  3

thefatcyclist replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Does it HAVE to be your lbs?

I bet I could do you a Cannondale Synapse Ultegra Disc at a better price than the Synape 105....Although that is the alloy.

BUT, I also think I could do a Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra for around that price aswell  3

I am hoping it will be a cheque,(Or part of a much bigger cheque) and I could go anywhere, but insurance companies have deals with certain suppliers. The LBS has been great, and they need supported in general, However the Canyon in the Movistar colours looks fantastic. But it is campag' loaded. The problem with Canyon is after sales, I have heard of LBSs refusing to touch them, and I'm not too keen on a "bike in a Box". I'll look into the Synapse Carbon Ultegra.

Latest Comments