Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 1

Right, my team is picked, transfers planned for stages 2,3,4 and 5 already. (Ho ho ho)

Have left out some big names so a little bit of a gamble for stages 1 and 2.

And no, I'm not posting my team yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

162 comments

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Its Wiggins not Wiggans................  40

and errr Greg Lemond, 86,89,90 comes from that well known European country of USA.........DOUBLE  40

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah or is it waaahh waaahh waaahh

VVV73 replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Its Wiggins not Wiggans................  40

and errr Greg Lemond, 86,89,90 comes from that well known European country of USA.........DOUBLE  40

I made a mistake, I was actually referring to Phil Anderson another AUSTRLALIAN then, as he was THE FIRST NON EUOPEAN to win a STAGE of TDF.
I recently finished his Biography so it was at the front of my memory palace.
I watched Greg Le Mond's wins  1 the only American to win a TDF.. hee hee hee

Love your signature btw, VVV stands for Veni Vidi Vici .

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

You mean the Phil Anderson that was born in England.......................?

VVV73 replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

You mean the Phil Anderson that was born in England.......................?

And why was he born there?
Ask him what he is I not what reply you will get  1
Did you have to go wiki that one I beat, to make sure my claims were correct and that's all you could find ? LOL

here is some Great reading... Oh seems old mates Godo friend Neil Stephens isn't to please with Cav either !

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/55186/Cav-s-apology-won-t-heal...

GreenEDGE sports director Matt White on Sunday said it was disappointing the sport's governing body didn't take any action against the British sprint sensation.

White said fellow director Neil Stephens "went and had a word to them this morning just for an explanation and they didn't really have one".

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

take action? what, like kick him out of the tour?  39

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have you heard Cav whinge every tour about dangerous riders and riders who shouldn't be there. You can't defend that , he was WAY OUT OF LINE. everyone called Cadel a dog in Giro (he didn't endanger any lives), yet Cav's is going to break someone's neck one day.
I actually made a comment to mate 12 hours earlier about Cav pushing into other teams trains back in the day!
let me Guess, Your British Smile.

So It looks like I may have missed out the word "stage" big deal and you certainly implied here that Cavendish was a dangerous rider. Easy to pick up on someone's typing errors when you haven't got an argument.

You keep bringing up Cadel, a guy I have nothing but respect for, what has he got to do with whether Cavendish is a tool/whiner/Dog/dangerous rider/killer of peoples tour dreams? I'll admit it if it will make you happy. I am blind stupid Cavendish apologist, who cannot see that he has won only 200 plus stages/stage races so far, 43 grand tour stages, 25 of them in the Tour de France (funny you didn't pick out that error of mine) the world championships, Milan San Remo, Two Olympic gold medals, SPOTY, as voted for by the British people, and the points jersey in all three grand tours, but is a tool.

As for the name calling, I'll agree the cretin comment was mine and uncalled for, but I nowhere called you a bitch! I said you whine like a bitch, which is true and not the same. I also called you a Pomme which was sort of a joke but, you pointed out that it wasn't even an insult anyway.
Okay so you don't like Cavendish it's a personality thing because he is arrogant and whiny when he loses, which isn't often, and when he wins he always gives the credit to his team mates. I have not heard him Whine every time he loses a race, that is just not true or any where near the truth.

If you want to get pedantic on the use of language you might actually look up the meaning of the word Tool

here let me do it for you]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool

Is that what you meant to call Cavendish? Nowhere do you seem to have produced a valid arguement that this definition fits the man. You see I can be pedantic too.

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Have you heard Cav whinge every tour about dangerous riders and riders who shouldn't be there. You can't defend that , he was WAY OUT OF LINE. everyone called Cadel a dog in Giro (he didn't endanger any lives), yet Cav's is going to break someone's neck one day.
I actually made a comment to mate 12 hours earlier about Cav pushing into other teams trains back in the day!
let me Guess, Your British Smile.

So It looks like I may have missed out the word "stage" big deal and you certainly implied here that Cavendish was a dangerous rider. Easy to pick up on someone's typing errors when you haven't got an argument.

You keep bringing up Cadel, a guy I have nothing but respect for, what has he got to do with whether Cavendish is a tool/whiner/Dog/dangerous rider/killer of peoples tour dreams? I'll admit it if it will make you happy. I am blind stupid Cavendish apologist, who cannot see that he has won only 200 plus stages/stage races so far, 43 grand tour stages, 25 of them in the Tour de France (funny you didn't pick out that error of mine) the world championships, Milan San Remo, Two Olympic gold medals, SPOTY, as voted for by the British people, and the points jersey in all three grand tours, but is a tool.

As for the name calling, I'll agree the cretin comment was mine and uncalled for, but I nowhere called you a bitch! I said you whine like a bitch, which is true and not the same. I also called you a Pomme which was sort of a joke but, you pointed out that it wasn't even an insult anyway.
Okay so you don't like Cavendish it's a personality thing because he is arrogant and whiny when he loses, which isn't often, and when he wins he always gives the credit to his team mates. I have not heard him Whine every time he loses a race, that is just not true or any where near the truth.

If you want to get pedantic on the use of language you might actually look up the meaning of the word Tool

here let me do it for you]

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tool

Is that what you meant to call Cavendish? Nowhere do you seem to have produced a valid arguement that this definition fits the man. You see I can be pedantic too.

Dude I bought Cadel up again cause you bought Wiggans into it. Don't even start on Cadel's List of acheivements. Many junior world titles. Cpl Australian Cyclists of the year and oh a O.A.M.
Couldn't even admit I didn't say cav was the most dangerous rider in the peleton instead some piss weak excuse again. Ciao have fun reading, what Gerrans, Matt Whie and Neil Stephens really think .

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

this pointless and circular thread has gone on long enough, and anyone that continues it is going to find themselves muted.

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well I've had better days & I've certainly had a lot worse. Crashing is just part of what we do. I hope @MarkCavendish & Julien Simon are OK

Simon Gerrans on Twitter.

VVV73 replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

this pointless and circular thread has gone on long enough, and anyone that continues it is going to find themselves muted.

So is steve Muted????? or was that just aimed at me?

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish's recklessness is reminiscent of the damage he caused to Heinrich Haussler four years ago at the Tour of Switzerland.

Pages

Latest Comments