Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 1

Right, my team is picked, transfers planned for stages 2,3,4 and 5 already. (Ho ho ho)

Have left out some big names so a little bit of a gamble for stages 1 and 2.

And no, I'm not posting my team yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

162 comments

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Sad incident for all those caught up, pointless comments about whose fault it might of been.

Have you heard Cav whinge every tour about dangerous riders and riders who shouldn't be there. You can't defend that , he was WAY OUT OF LINE. everyone called Cadel a dog in Giro (he didn't endanger any lives), yet Cav's is going to break someone's neck one day.
I actually made a comment to mate 12 hours earlier about Cav pushing into other teams trains back in the day!

let me Guess, Your British  1

These comments appear to be before I "chimed in" so I think its a bit rich the you started it name calling.

Cavendish is a legend to me. 25 grand tour wins, world champion, put cycling in the public eye here by becoming Sports personality of the year before Wiggins had even won the tour de France. Calling him a whining dog and the most dangerous rider in the peleton is not going to stand well with me and I stand by everything I have said. In my one real name.

I have never had a problem with Evans, or any Aussie rider, they all seem to be great athletes and good people, I do not slag off the riders I do not like on Aussie forums just to get a rise out of people. There are plenty of riders I do not like but I try to keep that to myself.

I'll ask you a question, how did I know what you had said before I even logged into the thread? What made me recognise your pseudonym and think "here we go" before I had even read your comment. It is not about whether Cav's caused the accident or not, just your prejudicial hate of my hero, perhaps in much the same way that you wanted to defend Cadel.

I am quite happy to argue and banter with you about it forever, but it's pretty pointless now lets move onto the next one.

I couldn't afford to put Gerrans in my team today because I wanted Valverde and Sagan. I hope Gerrans wins today because it would be a nice story and I am a big fan of Orica generally, I live near Neil Stephens in the summer, and was pretty upset that Bling crashed before the tour as I had high hopes of him being a real star this year. Still think he will be.

Let's move on!

Lets move on when you clearly in the wrong attacking me.
After I pointed out you started this personal attack here.

What is so wrong with what is written above .
PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME..
what did I saywrong there?
oh Cav is a professional sportsmen open to crisitism.

I DID NOT START A PERSONAL ATTACK ON A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM.

This is a public forum about cycling , I seen far worse here written about other riders then I have ever written. Dog and Tool???
Actually lets go back and see what was written about Cadel in Giro, yet not a word about Quintana a few stages later, who is being pulled over the coals atm by UCI
Lets move on when you clearly in the wrong attacking me.

U never called a footballer a name mate hey ever, I bet I wouldn't have to look back far in here to find some. I never called u anything. YOU are way out of line.

Never bagged Cav's ability, but I nearly choked when some said is he the best ever last year when he won his 200th stage, Ever heard of a bloke called Zabel .400 +

Yeah Lance Armstrong was a legend too, Bet you called him some names , even before he was proven guilty ?

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Sad incident for all those caught up, pointless comments about whose fault it might of been.

Have you heard Cav whinge every tour about dangerous riders and riders who shouldn't be there. You can't defend that , he was WAY OUT OF LINE. everyone called Cadel a dog in Giro (he didn't endanger any lives), yet Cav's is going to break someone's neck one day.
I actually made a comment to mate 12 hours earlier about Cav pushing into other teams trains back in the day!

let me Guess, Your British  1

I do not slag off the riders I do not like on Aussie forums just to get a rise out of people.

I'll ask you a question, how did I know what you had said before I even logged into the thread? What made me recognise your pseudonym and think "here we go" before I had even read your comment. It is not about whether Cav's caused the accident or not, just your prejudicial hate of my hero, perhaps in much the same way that you wanted to defend Cadel.

I am quite happy to argue and banter with you about it forever, but it's pretty pointless now lets move onto the next one.

See this is your problem (I know a good Shrink) not mine, if you seriously think I come here to SLAG OFF BRITISH RIDERS and I am not a full paying premium member who was leading the OVERALL NON PREMIUM PURIST LEADER! till last week of this SITE.

The reason I said You must be British is because he defended Cav in what IMO was undefendble ! With the man Himself admitting so
This is the only rider I have ever slagged off, shown my reasons and provide articles why.
YET you START this personal attack on me, I never said a word about YOU!
And I am the unreasonable person, am I.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thank you everyone for standing by and watching me take this..
Am I so wrong here?
Am I seriously at fault?
Did I start this personal attack?
Did I ever know this was his HERO lol till 5 mins ago ?

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Whine, whine whine,

You sound like Cavendish!

You are a pomme!  3

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:

Whine, whine whine,

You sound like Cavendish!

You are a pomme!  3

Keep it going, finding it hard to argue against my points ?
and it goes on and on... more names, some say it is a derogatory name, but it is not at all and no proof of Australian's using it that way, when it was used in that way in UK. oh btw It is Pom , pommy or Pommie normally with a illegitimate child thrown on the end  41 .

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cavendish.

Only thinking and talking about himself after the crash yesterday.

Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team rider Mark Cavendish did not take the start of Tour de France Stage 2 on Sunday after crashing at the end of Stage 1. He met with the media outside the team bus prior to the start of the stage to talk about the decision. His responses are in the text below.

On the crash and the decision to not start Stage 2

"When I got on my bike after my crash yesterday it wasn't possible to hold my handlebars. When I took my skinsuit off I saw there was something wrong with my shoulder. It was sticking out a bit like it shouldn't. So we went to get it checked up and I was in a lot of pain. I couldn't move my shoulder. I held a bit of optimism that maybe it was just swelling and it would go down a bit this morning, but it's actually worse this morning. I can't move my arm. I'm gutted, I'm majorly disappointed, but it could be worse."

On next steps for himself, as well as OPQS

"I've got to go and get an MRI to see if it needs surgery, chances are it probably does. Unfortunately I'm likely to be out for a few weeks. I'm devastated to be fair. I'm in pain as well. I think anyone who crashes on the first day of the Tour de France is going to be disappointed. But Omega Pharma – Quick-Step is here with a strong team. We've got Tony Martin the world time trial champion. We've got Niki Terpstra, who won Paris-Roubaix. We got Matteo Trentin who won a stage of the Tour de France in his first year last year. We've got Jan Bakelants who won a stage in his first Tour last year and had the yellow jersey. We have a really versatile team. I'm confident we will be successful. We weren't just here to win the sprints, we are here to be successful within the full 21 days. We've got a strong and motivated group. I'm still massively optimistic about the team, there's a great ambiance, the eight guys who are there now. We've got an incredible team here and I'm actually devastated that I won't be sharing that success at the Tour with them."

On the crash and Simon Gerrans

"Simon and I came up, and I think two of us wanted Peter Sagan's wheel. The others moved to the left. I wanted to go but Gerrans was there. I used my head to try to take us across the road. Gerrans wasn't budging, I wasn't budging, we crossed bars and we both went down. At the end of the race, in different circumstances, I would have hit the brakes and not tried to go for the win. The stage had been lost. I wanted it that bad and I tried to find a gap that wasn't there. I spoke to Simon after the stage, I asked if he was OK, and I also spoke to him on the phone later and apologized to him. I really hope he's OK and today's a good stage for him. I wish him a good rest of the tour."

On perspective about his circumstances

"It could be worse. You saw my helmet yesterday for Helmet for Heroes, I've got friends who were in Afghanistan who've got no legs and one arm and I think when you put that into perspective, I don't think I'm too bad. I think I'm back in a few weeks. I'm disappointed but things could definitely be worse."

On what he has to say to his supporters attending the Tour de France

"I want to say to all the supporters at the Tour to enjoy it, it's going to be an incredible race. It was amazing to see the support that was out yesterday and I'm looking forward to watching it. I've been missing it like crazy but I'm looking forward to seeing it up north and then tomorrow in London."

Read more at http://www.omegapharma-quickstep.com/en/news/show/mark-cavendish-update-...

chiv30 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Am I so wrong here?
Am I seriously at fault?

And you still don't get it .....

All ppl hear from you now is

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah  37
or
Waaahh waaahh waaahh waaahh  20

My original post calling you a tool may have been out of order however reading back through this thread I now think it's fully justified unfortunately

grandma replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Am I so wrong here?
Am I seriously at fault?

Now, now, VV, now let's be a good little boy and come inside and take your medication, luv. You and your brother probably need to find something else to do rather than bother those good people at the Road.cc forum pages. I apologize for my grandson's behavior...

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Clearly at fault here, what did he say about his HERO ? MAN UP ,.

Ciao Persona Non-Grata  103

0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Clearly at fault here, what did he say about his HERO ? MAN UP ,.

Ciao Persona Non-Grata  103

Now, now, VV, be a good little boy now and apologize to the good man. He's nice enough to play with you while you're on that computer thing of yours. It's not nice to be so aggressive to people you don't know. Come inside and grandma will give you a little cookie and milk. I apologize for my grandson's behavior.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Chiv, I was clearly talking to steve, even posted his remarks(calling me a bitch) and his name, about who started this and being called a criminal by Dr H and all the twisted statements and lies he put in my mouth. just making stuff up to suit.
I.E.
ME

Where have I bag other Brits??????
Funny how fast you guys turned on Wiggo, now he is a what did that bloke call him .....lol, only won your first TDF for your country then goes back to track to bring more glory to you....LMFAO Diffirent tune to what I was hearing in hear 2 months ago LOLOLOLOL

STEVE lie's
Now you said you don't hate Brits, but come straight out with some waffle about Wiggo, and how us Brits are a joke.
AND
Just a Hater with a big mouth. If this thread is so bad and not up to the standard of the others please feel free to vacate it. As for the Phone/camera incident so a celebrity got hacked off having his privacy invaded once upon a time no big deal it happens all the time, so what does that prove! You are sad dude grow up.

Obvoiusly got no Idea what incident about HIS HERO I am talking about. rants what , celebrity who, personal details what ? llololo
Where did I say Brits are a JOKE ?
I merely pointed something out.

AND for CHIV

Dbl standards here
ME
Might as well blame Cofidis too then, for taking off then shitting themselves on hill and upsetting trains on right side (LTB/Giant) ?

Is this not exactly what someone else said leter, yet I get harassed and called name for it ????????????? seemed like a reasonable statement with a slight joke to it to me.?

RAY

Or take it back further and blame Cofidis 3 man effort over to the left prior to Spartacus' effort.....or even further back and blame the Jensie......hell let's go all the way back and blame Kate Middleton for starting the race?

posted by ray silvester [1693 posts]
YOU

"You sir are turning into a blinkered tool ....

As a true cycling fan you should be more concerned about how the riders are rather than sticking the blame anywhere .....it's a pro Sprint there will be nudging, elbows ,heads going in all over the place but obviously because an Aussie was involved it had to be someone else's fault D Oh"

You did call me a tool and procede to call me a Idiot, I can live with that. But Cretin, Pom, Criminal, etc is out of line.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Give it a rest FFS.

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Give it a rest FFS.

The truth really hurts, I have pointed out I did absolutely nothing wrong here, was attacked verbally abused and Bullied by most of the people here, even most stars going to derogatory remarks about me and my country !!!!! very shameful indeed.
I have taken it to heart the dbl standards here as it is free for all on me.. people calling me prejudice against races ...like OMG stevepro, show me your proof please?

I am feeling very low and hope I can get thru this and continue to to talk to Ray.
HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELF and the standards here and what can come of them.
My brother has just called me and his Counsel has advised me to not comment any more on this, till he looks at it. thank you
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/540167/20140224/charlotte-dawson-suicide-...  17  2

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh my god, how old are you VVV? Miss! Miss! Miss! He started it miss, it wasn't me miss I promise!

You're totally out of line, you went off on one about the crash before anyone one had properly analysed it or had time to comment, Cav has come out and apologised, Gerrans has said no problem, its a racing incident but you were way out ahead of them throwing accusations around and causing trouble. The people on the forum are reasonable and polite for the most part, so for them to band together against you like they have should tell you that you're in the wrong here and that attitude sucks. The only person I've seen backing you up is your "brother" and the majority of people who agreed that it was Cav's fault agreed to only that and not the way that you then went about attacking him, brits, forum users and anyone else in your sights.

Let it go, give it a rest, learn how to not use CAPS LOCK and let's get back to the racing.

VVV73 replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Oh my god, how old are you VVV? Miss! Miss! Miss! He started it miss, it wasn't me miss I promise!

You're totally out of line, you went off on one about the crash before anyone one had properly analysed it or had time to comment, Cav has come out and apologised, Gerrans has said no problem, its a racing incident but you were way out ahead of them throwing accusations around and causing trouble. The people on the forum are reasonable and polite for the most part, so for them to band together against you like they have should tell you that you're in the wrong here and that attitude sucks. The only person I've seen backing you up is your "brother" and the majority of people who agreed that it was Cav's fault agreed to only that and not the way that you then went about attacking him, brits, forum users and anyone else in your sights.

Let it go, give it a rest, learn how to not use CAPS LOCK and let's get back to the racing.

wrong wrong wrong You will be hearing more shortly. GTD. Stay Tuned
Enough said !

Joelsim replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

+1. It's pointless, dull and boring and is getting on everyone's tits.

0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Soory you feel that way joel, you must reallt dislike reading bold headlines in paper then.

0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
drheaton wrote:

Soory you feel that way joel, you must reallt dislike reading bold headlines in paper then.

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't say any more little brother, Please.

VVV73 replied to They call me Spartacus | 9 years ago
0 likes
They call me Spartacus wrote:

Don't say any more little brother, Please.

Ok sorry bro. great timing on post btw:)
This is my REAL Hero everyone  1

VVV73 replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

The people on the forum are reasonable and polite for the most part, so for them to band together against you like they have should tell you that you're in the wrong here and that attitude sucks. The only person I've seen backing you up is your "brother" and the majority of people who agreed that it was Cav's fault agreed to only that and not the way that you then went about attacking him, brits, forum users and anyone else in your sights.

More Lies especially the bit about attacking brits forum users and anyone else ! Defending!
Polite, Like your arguement with Invisable in May ?

0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

More Lies especially the bit about attacking brits forum users and anyone else !

VV, luv, leave the nice people on the computer alone and come take a nap. It's that time of the day and you know how you get when you miss your medication. Come take a nap on nanna's lap and everything will be better. Why don't you come and sit on nanna's lap and watch TV? I hear there's a nice race going on in the English countryside today and I think it's on right now.

chiv30 replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

The people on the forum are reasonable and polite for the most part, so for them to band together against you like they have should tell you that you're in the wrong here and that attitude sucks. The only person I've seen backing you up is your "brother" and the majority of people who agreed that it was Cav's fault agreed to only that and not the way that you then went about attacking him, brits, forum users and anyone else in your sights.

More Lies especially the bit about attacking brits forum users and anyone else ! Defending!
Polite, Like your arguement with Invisable in May ?

Don't bring me into this....btw it's invisible

VVV73 replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Interesting article this and why I get a crazy when cav is involved.
Was not hard to find one at all pages full.lol

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/49824/Cavendish-furious-after-...

some nice quotes in there . I like the one about him not being a good loser and
This cracker from his Team Boss ,lol.

However, Omega Pharma's Danish sporting director Brian Holm admitted that Cavendish went "ballistic" and said that it was best to avoid the team's fiery star rider at such moments.

"There were three, four or five riders who crashed when Cav went down and, if you ask him, it was probably somebody else's mistake," he said.

"I just heard him yelling inside the bus but I don't know what about. I think nobody can understand him when he's yelling. Nobody has a clue what he's saying.

I also wonder how many Comments I can find worse then mine when Rolland attacked on the stage Cadel got Tacked on and Wiggans was GC Leader if I remember? Hmmmm beat some beauties in there. from Hypocrites.

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

And still you carry on , even Joel is getting bored of you surely you should listen and just let it go ....as I said before ....blah blah blah or waaahh waaahh waaahh

Boring

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

Interesting article this and why I get a crazy when cav is involved.
Was not hard to find one at all pages full.lol

http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/49824/Cavendish-furious-after-...

some nice quotes in there .

"I was going around a roundabout and it was very tight," a now calm Cavendish said. "My front wheel went, but I didn't necessarily lose the sprint because of that.

"I think there are a lot of factors. It took a lot of energy to get back from behind, but Andre was really strong."

In front of the television cameras, he also refused to blame problems with his bike for his bad day at the office, and insisted that his team "don't really do a song and dance when we don't win."

Nevertheless, Holm was confident that Cavendish would not take long to calm down and he did appear on Twitter later, swallowing his pride to congratulate Greipel for his win.

"Come dinner he will be going around the table saying sorry. He's a good lad, trust me."

Easy if you want to pick and choose your quotes.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Why do you need to cut and paste comments from a crash in last years tour ?

It proves absolutely nothing other than your scraping the barrel looking for evidence to try and not make you look like a complete tool.

AND if you are going to spout previous comments perhaps you should paste the whole lot in the future:

"When he is like this I stay away for a few hours," said Holm, who knows Cavendish inside out having worked with him at the HTC-Highroad team.

"We always end up laughing about it. Straight after a race he's like a boxer coming out of the ring.

"You can't judge somebody on what they say for a couple of hours after a cycling race, especially when they have been beaten like that.

"I think it's alright to be angry, just for two hours, then we can be a happy family again.

"Come dinner he will be going around the table saying sorry. He's a good lad, trust me."

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've been bored since the 2nd post

grandma | 9 years ago
0 likes

VV, luv, come on outside now. It's time to leave the computer alone for a little while. You get so upset at those other boys on the internet. You get so agitated over how they treat in you in that bad forum place. I hate seeing you come out of the closet with tears in your eyes. Who is this Cav boy that upsets you so much? I apologize for my boy's behavior. He is so lonely around the house with nothing to do. I wish he had some good friends to talk to, but between me and the little chihuahua named 'Spartacus', whom the boy sees as an older brother, the poor little boy has no friends. I'm sorry. He's a good boy. He's just not that good around people. Very smart but very sensitive. I love him. Please treat him kindly if you will. The internet can be such a cruel place for such a lonely boy.

0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Cavendish is a legend to me. 25 grand tour wins, world champion, put cycling in the public eye here by becoming Sports personality of the year before Wiggins had even won the tour de France. Calling him a whining dog and the most dangerous rider in the peleton is not going to stand well with me and I stand by everything I have said. In my one real name.

I don't know how you come up with these str8 up lies or defamatory remarks?
Or did you just need to pay attention more in written comprehension at school ?

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!

Firstly were did I say HE IS THE MOST DANERGOUS RIDER IN THE PELETON ?

I actually think Tylar Farrar is the most reckless rider in the peleton and always have and right up there when it comes to losing his cool and accusing everyone else.
Secondly Cav has won 25 GRAND TOURS has he. 25 x Giro,TDF, Veulta -GC ?
25 grand tours stage wins I think !
Little old Pettachi has won 48 himself  1 Then withdraws.
One thing I have always said , is I give Cav mega credit for finishing a TDF unlike Zabel or Pettachi.
Kudo's on that acheivment. Just don't like THE MAN, his ability is second to none.

And BTW Cadel has won BOTH those Titles you are referring to for the TWO of
them and FIRST.
Cuddles has been a champion mountain biker, winning the World Cup in 1998 and 1999.
Won the men's World Championship road race in Mendrisio, Switzerland in 2009

Then
" Pièce de résistance"
Wins the TDF becoming the first Australian to win the Tour de France and the oldest to win the overall general classification in the post-war era !

The win elicited much celebration in his home nation with calls for a national holiday as his win was compared to that of the 1983 America's Cup which was considered Australia's greatest sporting achievement !

Don't Stand to Long lol  1

Pages

Latest Comments