Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Stage 1

Right, my team is picked, transfers planned for stages 2,3,4 and 5 already. (Ho ho ho)

Have left out some big names so a little bit of a gamble for stages 1 and 2.

And no, I'm not posting my team yet.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

162 comments

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
They call me Spartacus wrote:

As below was my original post that BAD, it need to be closed am I not entitled to express anger at what happen. Any reason to have a go at me regardless of what I say , even if 110% correct coming from the man himself.
I been called far worse then a dog and a toll in the last few hours !

If people are "having a go at you regardless of what you say", you might want to take a look at how you're saying it, eh

I was extremely upset and infuriated as I seen what happen str8 away as it happen, and I really thought gerrans could get yellow tomorrow...
Has no one ever been that upset here when a countryman, Current TDU winner, cureent NATINAL champion, CUrrent LEIGe ( longest stage race of year) holder, gets taken out by some one who always comemnts in paper about exact same thing...
So when Maradona did Hand of God ,
You guys all just chilled and saidf football incident ??????????????????
Actually I could hear most of you from here when Wiggans fell early in TDf what 3/4 years ago,

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to Beaufort | 9 years ago
0 likes

Oh and as I pointed out Cav has serious form for this. and Grame Brown was kicked off tour for a headbutt half that , that didn't cause a MAJOR fall or incident? what about that

The dislike for Cav has come over a very long period and I just had had enough after that. All I ever done is stick up for aussies and I am a English hater apparently... How u get that I don't know and we are the one with chip on our shoulder... hmm paranoia?
P.s.
I am sure if you have a look was far worse comments written about the manx bomber in most forums , compared to what I said.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

At what point did VVV73 become "They call me Spartacus"? I'm sure we've had these issues before. VVV, are you by any chance related in any way to an Orli? We've not heard from Enrique recently...

thefatcyclist wrote:

Don't bother trolling back, i'm not used to this cr** on this forum, and i'm out of this thread

Sadly this has become all too common on the threads with a small band of trolls constantly trying to rile the rest of the community. I figured I'd try to get back on the forums during the Tour and enjoy the race in the same way I have in previous years, sadly that's not going to happen and I may well just not bother at all.

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!  14

This is not stating an opinion on the race or defending Gerrans.

This is your original post which is just name calling.

....and then you have the temerity to whine and moan when people get upset about it. You really should think before you speak!

I didn't call anyone in here names mate, he is a professional sportsmen get use to it, and he done plenty of name calling himself. Temerity hey OOOOOO

I can't win so have fun in your one eyes world, WHEN HAVE I sent hate towards any other rider. reply to Hater as usual ! ?????

All I have done till now is DEFEND Cadel from haters!!!!!! but I dare not say anything about golden boy!
How am I one eyed when its all the people in here that can't admit cav was at fault! who has the one eye ?
How was any of this gerro's fault , gerro only got mentioned cause he was the obvious one we all seen first in his national jersey get hammered and hit the deck! And I reiterate he was a HUGE chance tomorrow to get Yellow!

Where have I bag other Brits??????
Funny how fast you guys turned on Wiggo, now he is a what did that bloke call him .....lol, only won your first TDF for your country then goes back to track to bring more glory to you....LMFAO Diffirent tune to what I was hearing in hear 2 months ago LOLOLOLOL

You don't see it do you. If you read the posts on here most of them are balanced NO ONE attacked Gerrans, most of us said it may well have been Cavs fault. Now you said you don't hate Brits, but come straight out with some waffle about Wiggo, and how us Brits are a joke. Even Gerrans tweeted that yeah no big deal crashes happen and lets get on with it, but you, no you are a joke. Just a Hater with a big mouth. If this thread is so bad and not up to the standard of the others please feel free to vacate it. As for the Phone/camera incident so a celebrity got hacked off having his privacy invaded once upon a time no big deal it happens all the time, so what does that prove! One guy had it in for Cadel and that's your excuse for attacking a legend of cycling. You are sad dude grow up.

Ok lets have a look here..
!. most said it was Cavs Fault....... WRONG, most that replied first tried to say it was a racing incident or that Cav wasn't at fault,. Geraans should have moved cav was nearly level and gerrans going no where blah blah all wrong. I even showed a photo of what was going on, Cav one side of the line and hi slegs and bike other side LOL, and coquard no where near them a good 2 bikes wider.

2. I hate brits cuase of waffle about wiggo LOL ... WRONG.. I was replying to FROOME not being MEGA nice guy like gerrans and fab,.... WAit wait... because wiggo isn't to happy with him atm.... and May have even been you or one of your country men here, called him a prima donna and blah blah, I said everyone here changed their tune since he got the shits with sky and talked about coming to Australia, even if he was your First TDF winner and then went backl to track to win more gold.. Obviously I have great respect for this man. Oh once again Aussie towing him to victory, Did I mention he was half Aussie as well.. I know he isn't coming but he is welcome here any time! 2 wrong.

3. Celebrity phone ???? incident listed for u below if u cant remember, but I am a noob.. 3 WRONG mate more names nice work champ.
seems the Admin that made Cav Persona Non Grata agree with me.. Or should that Be NON COMPIS MENTIS.. OMG he can speak latin fluently too OMG

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

And we all used to think Enrique was bad.......he was a saint compared to Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde above .

And Spartacus/ VV it's actually quite sad using another id to support and like your own posts

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

At what point did VVV73 become "They call me Spartacus"? I'm sure we've had these issues before. VVV, are you by any chance related in any way to an Orli? We've not heard from Enrique recently...

thefatcyclist wrote:

Don't bother trolling back, i'm not used to this cr** on this forum, and i'm out of this thread

Sadly this has become all too common on the threads with a small band of trolls constantly trying to rile the rest of the community. I figured I'd try to get back on the forums during the Tour and enjoy the race in the same way I have in previous years, sadly that's not going to happen and I may well just not bother at all.

Yep 2 other People I watched you all gang up on before I came.. I seen what was going on. I had been observing this forum for over a year.

I notice everytime I answer someones attack they don't come back...is this all u had?

chiv30 replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

At what point did VVV73 become "They call me Spartacus"? I'm sure we've had these issues before. VVV, are you by any chance related in any way to an Orli? We've not heard from Enrique recently....

That's uncalled for good Dr  45

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

And we all used to think Enrique was bad.......he was a saint compared to Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde above .

And Spartacus/ VV it's actually quite sad using another id to support and like your own posts

It's MY BROTHERS, HE LOGGED IN TO REMARK and I DSIDN'T REALISE IT WAS STILL IN HIS ACCOUNT ... IS THAT OK... like I was trying to hide it LOL....
wasn't it you who had 2 accounts earlier, GHOST THREADS?
So I was right u do have 2 accoutns  1 I don't forget much gents
Keep it coming, Internet bullying , very sad like teenage girls , victimising , in ya little niche.

They call me Sp... (not verified) replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

thefatcyclist wrote:

Look in the Mirror, and see who was victimising who, for free speech

chiv30 replied to They call me Spartacus | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

thefatcyclist wrote:

Yep 2 other People I watched you all gang up on before I came.. I seen what was going on. I had been observing this forum for over a year.

I notice everytime I answer someones attack they don't come back...is this all u had?

I called wiggo a prima donna because he is and always has been my opinion has never changed

If you have been observing you would know that Enrique/ orli are one and the same and he openly admitted it eventually and apologized for it yes he can be a pain at times but he isn't obnoxious with it unlike yourself and alter ego that is the reason why ppl are on your back plus the fact you turn everything you post into Australia vs the world

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but there are ways and means to have a debate you have neither the ways or the means and at times come across as a petulant child .

If I was you I'd look back at this thread and think long and hard as to why ppl seem to be attacking you

chiv30 replied to They call me Spartacus | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:

It's MY BROTHERS, HE LOGGED IN TO REMARK and I DSIDN'T REALISE IT WAS STILL IN HIS ACCOUNT ... IS THAT OK... like I was trying to hide it LOL....
Keep it coming, Internet bullying , very sad like teenage girls , victimising , in ya little niche.

It was your brother? Really you insult me with that response , read the thread again ,both of your ids answer questions as a single entity  44

As for my two accounts it was made perfectly clear why I made a second and it was never to support my own arguments unlike yourself it seems

VVV73 replied to chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
drheaton wrote:

thefatcyclist wrote:

I called wiggo a prima donna because he is and always has been my opinion has never changed

If you have been observing you would know that Enrique/ orli are one and the same and he openly admitted it eventually and apologized for it yes he can be a pain at times but he isn't obnoxious with it unlike yourself and alter ego that is the reason why ppl are on your back plus the fact you turn everything you post into Australia vs the world

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but there are ways and means to have a debate you have neither the ways or the means and at times come across as a petulant child .

If I was you I'd look back at this thread and think long and hard as to why ppl seem to be attacking you

It's funny how I am the child , yet it you blokes that are doing all the kiddy name calling.. cretin, child, criminal,.... Seems can't post a replay without calling me a name .lol

0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
chiv30 wrote:

It was your brother? Really you insult me with that response , read the thread again ,both of your ids answer questions as a single entity  44

As for my two accounts it was made perfectly clear why I made a second and it was never to support my own arguments unlike yourself it seems

yes mate same pc, he said he was finished , replay was open , I refreshed and thought it was fixed to me, His comment was Indeed. too the too all common derogatory remarks..... Prove otherwise.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got a good idea. Why don't we talk about the race and the game? Enough eh, it's tedious.

chiv30 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I've got a good idea. Why don't we talk about the race and the game? Enough eh, it's tedious.

I agree , Jekyll & Hyde ain't gonna listen to reason anytime soon so I'm off to bed hoping for another great race stage later on

Plus going forwards it's easier not to give him the time of day as he seems to think a debate starts and ends with his own and his "brothers" opinion  24

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Thank you Joel, but that's what started it LOL joking, I appreciate to that you have pretty much been fair to me as well. thank you. After last time I posted lots of good stuff and banter 4 weeks , yet no one wanted to talk to me except Enrique, But as Soon as I say something even slightly controversial I get pounced on ... Don't ever call any a tool ok.... Anyway you don't want to be seen with the devil so thank you. and ever want some Info on Aussie riders or Neo pros , Like this red hot german coming thru, drop me a line. Up to you.. Ty u 2 Enrique....You guys were just lucky Enrique didn't have my Knowledge of Cycling to call you on ya ya bullocks in here  1 Oh No he didn't.

0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

I agree , Jekyll & Hyde ain't gonna listen to reason anytime soon so I'm off to bed hoping for another great race stage later on

Plus going forwards it's easier not to give him the time of day as he seems to think a debate starts and ends with his own and his "brothers" opinion  24

Another reply, another insulting name .... *claps* keep proving me right . ty.

ray silvester replied to thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

Coquard caused the crash ultimately, Cavendish and Gerrans had untangled, then Coquard hit Gerrans, who's wheel crossed in front of Cav, then both down.
Cavendish was leaning into Gerrans to start with, but Gerrans was riding with his elbows right out, and it was so spread out peeling off riders were not able to clear.

But I blaim Cancellara in fact, because his jump of the nose, which was never going to succeed in a month of Monday's caused chaos in the sprint teams.

I hope both are ok tho'

Or take it back further and blame Cofidis 3 man effort over to the left prior to Spartacus' effort.....or even further back and blame the Jensie......hell let's go all the way back and blame Kate Middleton for starting the race?

ray silvester replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Anyway, that's bike racing. Sometimes sprinters have a split second to make a decision and they make the wrong one, like throwing a headbutt to try and muscle into a space. It's not really a nationality thing. *cough* Mark Renshaw *cough*

I thought it was Renshaw's fault too  3  3

VVV73 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

Coquard caused the crash ultimately, Cavendish and Gerrans had untangled, then Coquard hit Gerrans, who's wheel crossed in front of Cav, then both down.
Cavendish was leaning into Gerrans to start with, but Gerrans was riding with his elbows right out, and it was so spread out peeling off riders were not able to clear.

But I blaim Cancellara in fact, because his jump of the nose, which was never going to succeed in a month of Monday's caused chaos in the sprint teams.

I hope both are ok tho'

Or take it back further and blame Cofidis 3 man effort over to the left prior to Spartacus' effort.....or even further back and blame the Jensie......hell let's go all the way back and blame Kate Middleton for starting the race?

That's funny cause if you read back I said exactly the same thing bout Cofidis riders in reply to Spartacus remark, and in no short terms got told Iwas more or less being a plonker...more names...have a look. Absolutely hilairous.

Joelsim replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

I hope both are ok tho'

Let's blame James Hewitt's son. A cad and and bounder for sure!

JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Flippin' Nora - I came on to report my usual bad Fantasy luck with two of my guys taking one another out, and have to trawl (troll?) through all this ^^^^ to post my whinge...

What's happened to our friendly wee game???

VVV73 replied to stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes
stevemarks wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

CAV is the biggest whinging dog to ever ride a bike, fancy calling other people dangerous. He had absolutely no right to do that( thinks he got right away all the time), ruined his and Gerrans TDF prob and many more , first day. WHAT A TOOL!  14

Funny, when I saw that your comment was the latest on this forum thread I knew instantly that you would be whining like a bitch that Cavendish was at fault and poor Gerrans was the victim. How did I know that? You have not got a clue from those TV images what actually happened, or what goes on in a pro sprint finish. Maybe Cav was at fault maybe not but for sure there is only one tool involved here.... You are such a Pomme!

Thread was fine till here, where Iwas attacked by Steve. People were agreeing with me and no mention of my post be whatever you reckon it is. Was a perfectly fin e post..... Am Iwrong about this or am Iseeing things incorrectly. Joel and Ihad convered thru night not a problem. Then stve comes in cuts loose on me calling me names from the get go for expressing my opinoin, oh no called cav a tool. Bet he is calling himsaelf that atm.
I don't feel this what my fault till serously PROVOKED?
PLEASE tell me where I was out of line or totally wrong for expressing my opinion before being attacked and called names by Steve.. Please someone tell me, cause I can't see exactly what I did wrong?????????????????????
Am I ? ? ?
Sorry for spelling on tablet atm.

ray silvester replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

I hope both are ok tho'

That's funny cause if you read back I said exactly the same thing bout Cofidis riders in reply to Spartacus remark, and in no short terms got told Iwas more or less being a plonker...more names...have a look. Absolutely hilairous.

I was only really commenting on the events of the 'scrap' in the race to be honest rather than reacting to the 'scrap' on the forum.....and even then only in an effort to try to be a bit humorous.

Never really had a beef with VVV(apart from the Caps Lock)....in fact we've always had some decent pommie/aussie banter(his assertion that Phil Taylor was England's greatest ever spoirtsman was a good'un) so won't be commenting on the personal attacks flowing back and forth......but will say that people seem to be taking umbrage with perceived insults that are actually terms of endearment in the 'bar-room' vocabulary in their particular country(i.e you wouldn't have to know someone to call them 'mate' in Oz whilst friends call each other 'plonker' all the time in England).

If anyone's interested about the condition of the riders it would appear that Cavendish has a torn clavical ligament(good luck with that on the Pave!!) and is(or was as of last night) 50/50 to start stage 2 whilst Gerrans has lost a fair bit of skin and will definitely start it.........Fantasy Cycling wise I've seen riders crash before like Gerrans and then removed them or discounted them from the next stage only to see them perform superhumanly and win the stage almost as if the extra adrenalin from the previous day's crash has somehow improved their physiology?

Phew......lively start to the race eh?

Philip Unwin | 9 years ago
0 likes

OPQS twitter says 'Cavendish will not start stage 2 today'

VVV73 replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
thefatcyclist wrote:

I hope both are ok tho'

I was only really commenting on the events of the 'scrap' in the race to be honest rather than reacting to the 'scrap' on the forum.....and even then only in an effort to try to be a bit humorous.

Never really had a beef with VVV(apart from the Caps Lock)....in fact we've always had some decent pommie/aussie banter(his assertion that Phil Taylor was England's greatest ever spoirtsman was a good'un) so won't be commenting on the personal attacks flowing back and forth......but will say that people seem to be taking umbrage with perceived insults that are actually terms of endearment in the 'bar-room' vocabulary in their particular country(i.e you wouldn't have to know someone to call them 'mate' in Oz whilst friends call each other 'plonker' all the time in England).

If anyone's interested about the condition of the riders it would appear that Cavendish has a torn clavical ligament(good luck with that on the Pave!!) and is(or was as of last night) 50/50 to start stage 2 whilst Gerrans has lost a fair bit of skin and will definitely start it.........Fantasy Cycling wise I've seen riders crash before like Gerrans and then removed them or discounted them from the next stage only to see them perform superhumanly and win the stage almost as if the extra adrenalin from the previous day's crash has somehow improved their physiology?

Phew......lively start to the race eh?

thank you Ray, I cant see what I did wrong, before I was called a little bitch, Cretin, Criminal and some other derogatory remarks ? Caps is just an emphaisis on that point , where does it say all caps are shouting ? But Ok , Thank you again.
P.s. Ray, Gerrans said he is going to be feeling pretty sore today, but I agree he can win stage still just ruined any chance of him getting yellow.
Chavanel, Voecklar and Vinikourov 3 riders who come to mind of riders who love to ride hurt and stick it to the man.

JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've left Gerrans in - so hopefully he'll be okay as it's a stage made for him.

VVV73 replied to JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes
JohnnyRemo wrote:

I still bought him in too Johnny  36 along with The Valve and 1 pen for Tom Slagter who I think is a chance of taking Yellow today. I actually forgot to bring Sagan in today( huge worry ), as have a few fantasy's and thought I already had him in this one, with the constant defending myself and feeling a bit beaten down I just forgot ....OPPS...  24

P.s The Rider I mentioned earlier getting kicked off tour for Headbutting, wsnt Browny but Mark Renshaw who was leading out for Cav at the time at HTC. both Aussies both ridden in Rabobank colours. (seems I am getting old . memory)  40

stevemarks replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Sad incident for all those caught up, pointless comments about whose fault it might of been.

Have you heard Cav whinge every tour about dangerous riders and riders who shouldn't be there. You can't defend that , he was WAY OUT OF LINE. everyone called Cadel a dog in Giro (he didn't endanger any lives), yet Cav's is going to break someone's neck one day.
I actually made a comment to mate 12 hours earlier about Cav pushing into other teams trains back in the day!

let me Guess, Your British  1

These comments appear to be before I "chimed in" so I think its a bit rich the you started it name calling.

Cavendish is a legend to me. 25 grand tour wins, world champion, put cycling in the public eye here by becoming Sports personality of the year before Wiggins had even won the tour de France. Calling him a whining dog and the most dangerous rider in the peleton is not going to stand well with me and I stand by everything I have said. In my one real name.

I have never had a problem with Evans, or any Aussie rider, they all seem to be great athletes and good people, I do not slag off the riders I do not like on Aussie forums just to get a rise out of people. There are plenty of riders I do not like but I try to keep that to myself.

I'll ask you a question, how did I know what you had said before I even logged into the thread? What made me recognise your pseudonym and think "here we go" before I had even read your comment. It is not about whether Cav's caused the accident or not, just your prejudicial hate of my hero, perhaps in much the same way that you wanted to defend Cadel.

I am quite happy to argue and banter with you about it forever, but it's pretty pointless now lets move onto the next one.

I couldn't afford to put Gerrans in my team today because I wanted Valverde and Sagan. I hope Gerrans wins today because it would be a nice story and I am a big fan of Orica generally, I live near Neil Stephens in the summer, and was pretty upset that Bling crashed before the tour as I had high hopes of him being a real star this year. Still think he will be.

Let's move on!

TERatcliffe26 replied to JohnnyRemo | 9 years ago
0 likes
JohnnyRemo wrote:

Ive gone for his mate Albasini  39

Pages

Latest Comments