Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Kinesis Grandfondo Gf-Ti V2

Hi, anybody with a Kinesis Grandfondo Gf-Ti V2 in a '54' able to let me know what the step over height is in mm please? Just about to buy the frame for a Shimano 105 build, but want to check the step over height just to be on the safe side.

I have 'double' checked all the other geometry, including stack and reach but need 'comfort' regarding the step over height.

Thanks  11

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

you'll love it .. absolutely perfect ride comfort for century rides day in and day
out. love mine to bits.

the only thing I would warn about is the "fragility" of the front fork mudguard
eyes. I broke one of mine - too much "beef" doing it up - just be a little wary
and all is perfect with the world  1

edd23 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yes, I thought they ran a bit long too, anyway I have a long torso and can cope with that but step over height worried me. Anyway when my current bike sits in its stand it is about 3cms higher than normal giving it a step over height of approx 80 cms and I despite me thinking that was too hight I now think it does n't give me a problem when in road shoes and cleats, so it looks like its a 54 for me, thanks everyone.....  16

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

kinesis do run quite long ... ett on the 54 is 556mm ... my Holdsworth is only 535mm

therevokid | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm 175.5, 82 inseam. I run 10mm layback and
a 100mm stem on my 54 gf ti v2.
depending on where you measure stand over
mine is 780mm just in front the saddle to 790mm
at top tube mid point.

+1 tweeting Dom ... he's a real star  1

VeloPeo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Edd23 - if you've got any doubts tweet Dom, the Kinesis designer at @Kinesis_UK - he's really helpful with stuff like this.

I'm 175cm with same inside leg as you and have tried a Racelight 4S frame (geometry is the same as GfTi) and found the step over fine. The GfTi will be my next purchase - I already have a Crosslight and it's great

edd23 | 9 years ago
0 likes

795mm!! Just rechecked my figures and that is a big step over on a 54 frame  2 i only have a 29" inside leg and an approx 80cms step over is just too big, trouble is i think the 51 frame is too small...  39

edd23 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Thanks  1 More information than I could ever hope for!! I am 172cm tall (short legs and long torso) my stack and reach calculations suggest a 110mm (-6 degree) stem will give me the stack and reach I am looking for.

Would you recommend the frame, gets cracking reviews??

oxygendebt | 9 years ago
0 likes

795mm. Running 23mm tyres.

I am 177cm tall and use a 130mm stem, zero layback seat post on my 54cm.

Latest Comments