Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

summer city cycling lights

Does anyone have a recommendation for some small front and rear cycling lights for the summer months?

I've got an Exposure Strada for winter use but I don't want to carry that about for short urban rides. I've had lots of different small lights in the past but they all seem to break. Only need them for city use ie to be seen.

Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Simon E | 9 years ago
0 likes

Electron Backupz are surprisingly bright for their tiny size and use an elastic cord to fit round a seat post / handlebar. Road.cc review of the USB rechargeable ones here:
http://road.cc/content/review/2768-electron-backupz-led-light-set

MKultra | 9 years ago
0 likes

Believe it or not Wilkinsons.

They do the same USB rechargeable front light as Planet X for a tenner and a USB rechargeable rear. They have also started knocking out a 3W cree torch with a bar mount.

bikebot | 9 years ago
0 likes

I picked up a set of Moon Comet lights a few weeks ago, at the great price of £15 a piece at Planet X. Good lights to use as blinkers for daytime or dim mornings/evenings.

Battery life isn't great, but they're very light, dinky and usb chargeable. Though as with many lights, it's worth using a little bit of silicone grease if you want them to be rainproof.

Planet X only have the front one still in stock, but you might be able to find them somewhere at a similar price, I saw a few places discounting them.

Shades | 9 years ago
0 likes

Lezyne Femto set. Plenty of flashing modes, but to be really effective in daylight you need to watch for the batteries starting to fade (that LED 'half-way' phase that seems to last forever!).

Shades | 9 years ago
0 likes

Lezyne Femto set. Plenty of flashing modes, but to be really effective in daylight you need to watch for the batteries starting to fade (that LED 'half-way' phase that seems to last forever!).

Dr_Lex | 9 years ago
0 likes

Find a set of Smart lights on offer for £10 at one of the on-line retailers - quickly clip in and out - and run them on flash/blink mode.

(Planet-X/On-One do some looky-likes, which have been fine but the mounts are a lot more flimsy)

Latest Comments