Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Evans Puncture Repair Kit

It is the self adhesive patch kit, branded pwc or something like that.

Do not but this product

I have had a flat for the past 3 nights at work after 3 separate patches gave up after being repaired about 3 months ago. Don't know if it is the heat or what but they just give way.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good self adhesive kit? I am probably going back to the old vulcanizing kits, takes longer but more reliable.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Nat Jas Moe | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've used the halfords one, yellow with a foam back. These have worked well for me and lasted well. But as Jason.Timothy.Jones says I use these mainly to get me home as a quick fix these days.

jason.timothy.jones | 9 years ago
0 likes

I prefer the Topeak Flypaper, but I dont think any of the glueless are designed as a permanent fix.

I normally use a glueless on the road and fix properly when I get home, but on my road bike I tend to just put a new tube in, i get the ones from Decathlon at £1.50 so its not a huge expense

bikebot | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think they're all a bit rubbish at road tyre pressure, use the old glue and patch.

Latest Comments