Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Long lost 'friend' returns......?

Hi All,
not been on here for donkeys (sorry) and after finally getting the all clear after my ankle 'fubar' I am able to re-join the realms of cycling. To start I will be needing a bike for sure, still got the old MTB but want to start getting back on the road. It's been a long time and a hard road to get my confidence in pedals after the 'bump' which if any of you can remember put my right foot facing backwards (balk)  31 but the strength is coming back - unfortunately the fitness has gone back several years........

So, looking for a half decent road bike or a good hybrid to get me started and to regain the fitness, road sense and strength, especially after tearing just about every tendon and breaking several bones in my ankle/foot. Around 54cm and happy with alu.

Has anyone got anything (without the heartache of eBay, Gumtree or Friday ad's nutters?) At the moment up to about £700 (yep, I know my muti-grand bikes have gone) so has the age increased too.

Let me know - no doubt I shall be haunting these hollowed pages going forward.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi trikeman, long time no see. I don't have a complete bike to sell, but I've got a frameset, finishing kit, and possibly wheels (not decided on those yet) which are taking up space. The frame is carbon from Graham Weigh in Deeside, with a nude carbon finish. As he says, it's the same frame you'd get from Ribble, Planet-X etc. Strictly speaking, it's a 52 in compact geometry. I used it with a fair amount of exposed seatpost and a 110mm stem to give me something close to an equivalent 56cm, but you could just as easily set it up slightly smaller. The finishing kit is a mixture of RSP, Deda, Charge saddle etc. I also have an adjustable angle stem if back backs are your thing.

trikeman replied to notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi notfastenough,
my apologies for slow reply - working away this week. Many thanks for your offer, which I contemplated, however Wife must have seen me 'sulking' about so while I was a way she got me a hybrid from a local sale for me to get back on the road.
Once back fit etc then I will be looking for something a little more 'roady'.

Regards,

Trikeman.  3

Latest Comments