Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Is anyone running a Three Frenchmen competition?

Might actually be worth running this year for a change.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

This is from the pick 3 Italian's thread:

drheaton wrote:

Also, I might still have a spreadsheet kicking around from last year if you want it. I thought I'd posted a link to it on dropbox previously but can't for the life of me find it.

EDIT: Hurrah, found it:

http://road.cc/content/forum/107750-running-pick-three-competition

Anyone who wants to use it, feel free.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

OH, go on, somebody give it a go?  20

TERatcliffe26 replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

OH, go on, somebody give it a go?  20

I would do it, however my comp is that old that it doesn't recognize the formula in the Dr's spreadsheet, and I don't really have the time to try and create anything from scratch

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'd offer to run it, but to be honest I'll be too busy over the coming weeks to do it (as, it turns out, I was for the Giro one). Definitely up for taking part though.

Agreed on the arguments and general tone of the forums. I've been feeling less inclined to get involved of late. Still, would be a great shame if Dr H left; we need to keep the voices of sanity!

Still rate this as the best fantasy cycling game around.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

I doubt whether running a comp or not running a comp would make much difference to the tone of the forum so if people want it someone should run it, but sadly the forum is not somewhere I want to spend time anymore so I won't be running it. That shouldn't stop someone else picking it up and running it though. If people want it and someone is happy to do it then great.

To be honest I'm thinking of packing in the game, I've not got many races left to run this year (maybe just the Tour of Poland, need need to check) and one that's done I might not bother playing outside of maybe the Tour and Giro.

Joelsim replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I doubt whether running a comp or not running a comp would make much difference to the tone of the forum so if people want it someone should run it, but sadly the forum is not somewhere I want to spend time anymore so I won't be running it. That shouldn't stop someone else picking it up and running it though. If people want it and someone is happy to do it then great.

To be honest I'm thinking of packing in the game, I've not got many races left to run this year (maybe just the Tour of Poland, need need to check) and one that's done I might not bother playing outside of maybe the Tour and Giro.

That would be a shame.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Agreed. Let's have a ban on arguments. I've been guilty.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

Personally i dont think we should have one, and i've mentioned this in another post earlier, all that seems to happen at the mo is people slagging each other off if they're not happy about a transfer, a cut off time, the spelling of a name or something even simpler. I dont blame you for not wanting to run one DrH i really dont.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Personally i dont think we should have one, and i've mentioned this in another post earlier, all that seems to happen at the mo is people slagging each other off if they're not happy about a transfer, a cut off time, the spelling of a name or something even simpler. I dont blame you for not wanting to run one DrH i really dont.

Kind of a agree, except picking 3 rider comps seem to cause the least arguments compared to everything else

enrique replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

I dont blame you for not wanting to run one DrH i really dont...

I don't either...  45 In a way I can hardly find the words to explain... I miss you in a very weird way...  39

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

I won't be, I've been trying to avoid the forum as much as possible lately and even passed on the TdS because I'm just not enjoying the game as much.

That shouldn't stop anyone else from running one. My spreadsheet from last year is linked in a topic about running a 'pick 3' comp from the start of the year and I'm happy for people to use it for this. As usual, if anyone wants to get in touch with me directly with questions on how to run the comp/how the spreadsheet works just drop me a PM.

stevemarks replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I won't be, I've been trying to avoid the forum as much as possible lately and even passed on the TdS because I'm just not enjoying the game as much.

That shouldn't stop anyone else from running one. My spreadsheet from last year is linked in a topic about running a 'pick 3' comp from the start of the year and I'm happy for people to use it for this. As usual, if anyone wants to get in touch with me directly with questions on how to run the comp/how the spreadsheet works just drop me a PM.

That's a real shame, the forum is only as good a resource as the contributors, and you would be a very big loss. I understand your frustration, but surely we all feel from time to time that we spend to much time on this Game. The answer must be to prioritise and if that means less forum input you have to do what is best for you.

Latest Comments