Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Tour de France

Now open - stage deadlines set to an hour before roll-out, except where that would make it pre- 9am in the UK. in which case it's set for 9am. Let me know if any seem wrong.

'Official' launch isn't until monday. startlist is a little patchy at the moment. some good prizes to be won in this one...

budget is neither high, nor low. so i expect that won't suit anyone. hey ho.   22

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

30 comments

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Hmmm...  39 The Giro scores 5 positions for the Intermediate sprints..

1 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team 10 pts
2 Simon Clarke (Aus) Orica GreenEdge 6
3 Silvan Dillier (Swi) BMC Racing Team 3
4 Manuele Mori (Ita) Lampre-Merida 2
5 Luca Chirico (Ita) Bardiani CSF 1

Maybe next year we can reflect that in the game and score them like KOM's...

I don't know if it was 2014 or 2013, but I think the TDF intermediate scores in the game reflected (somehow) the real-life TDF intermediate sprint points. I think the game points for the 1 intermediate sprint were 15 points, then 14,13,12,etc...

We've been scoring the Giro as 6,4 and 2 points, even though the race itself gives out points for the 1st 5 riders over the line, will the 6,4, 2 scoring continue at the Tour, even if the race organizers award points for more than three riders?...

James Warrener | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't think my points are working Dave  1

either that or I have been picking the wrong riders...  39

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

it opened two weeks before the race, same as last year. aim for grand tours is always to get them open 2 weeks before the start. doesn't always work out like that

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

I can't find Guardini on either the PCS or Cyclingfever start lists... Is it by chance Guarnieri who should tentatively be listed?...  39

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

I can't find Guardini on either the PCS or Cyclingfever start lists... Is it by chance Guarnieri who should tentatively be listed?...  39

possibly. but there's not much point worrying about it two weeks and more out. i'll probably go through them again on monday

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

Now open...

Not that it matters, but I had a thought... Is the reason we opened so early this year that you were already working on the Skoda game?...  39 Great coup, by the way, bet they're proud of their game!  1

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Cedric Pineau is showing on the 'Riders' page (http://fantasy.road.cc/riders) but I can't find him on the game rider list...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hmmm...  39 It seems to me like I'll be playing the 1st week with 4 3.0 riders...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm pretty sure prizes are open to all. For premium, you just get more competitions and added stats.

http://road.cc/content/news/107805-roadcc-fantasy-cycling-wiggle-now-open

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sorry Boss.....can you confirm prizes and whether they are available to premium AND standard players?

dave atkinson replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Sorry Boss.....can you confirm prizes and whether they are available to premium AND standard players?

prizes are available to everyone. they were last year, too

0 likes

yeah, movistar won't be taking fifteen riders, for a start  3

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

The startlist is bound to change significantly I would wager.

0 likes

start list is cyclingfever/PCS mix atm

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Damn... Giacomo Nizzolo is valued at 33.3 credits and Andre Greipel is at 33.2?...  39

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Damn... Giacomo Nizzolo is valued at 33.3 credits and Andre Greipel is at 33.2?...  39

Greipel hasn't raced much this year, even less in the fantasy races and same again when it comes to the quality of races. Nizzolo is coming off the back of 4 2nd places at the Giro (also don't think he will make the final cut for TDF)

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's nice to have only one rider (Sagan) at 40.0 credits...  4 It does seem, though, like Froome's value went down dramatically after the Dauphine, did you guys tweak the algorithm for setting rider values or is the drop just based on his performance at the Dauphine?...  39

0 likes
enrique wrote:

It's nice to have only one rider (Sagan) at 40.0 credits...  4 It does seem, though, like Froome's value went down dramatically after the Dauphine, did you guys tweak the algorithm for setting rider values or is the drop just based on his performance at the Dauphine?...  39

Froome won the dauphine 12 months ago, and then came outside the top 10.(also the amount of SF etc, and how many are in the TDF etc, how many hes cored on in the dauphine and so on all lay a factor). There is always going to be a bigger drop off for a rider that as a high value and then doesn't perform to that value compared to a non-performance of a 10 credit rider.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

As Ter says, same set up as the Giro. It is Dave scoring, anything he can't. I've got covered  105

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

He won't.

obutterwick | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've now spoken with Gary Verity and Ned Boulting. Both have spoken to Cav', who's said he WILL win in Harroate. Not might. Will.

Talk about confidence when facing Kittel.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Who's scoring this?...  39

0 likes
enrique wrote:

Dave is lead man, but others will step in if and when needed

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

0 likes

Some proper bargains to be had in this one!  4

0 likes

Had little play around  39 Budget seems workable........I'm sure Enrique will say otherwise  45

enrique replied to livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

... I'm sure Enrique will say otherwise  45

Heh heh!  4 I'm going to surprise you then...

40.0 Peter Sagan
35.7 Mark Cavendish
34.5 Alejandro Valverde
33.4 Alberto Contador

I like it!  1 The Top 4 highest value riders fit in nicely surrounded by a cadre a 3.0 riders... Now to check if there will (!) be 5 3.0 riders (!)  39

livestrongnick replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
livestrongnick wrote:

... I'm sure Enrique will say otherwise  45

Heh heh!  4 I'm going to surprise you then...

40.0 Peter Sagan
35.7 Mark Cavendish
34.5 Alejandro Valverde
33.4 Alberto Contador

I like it!  1 The Top 4 highest value riders fit in nicely surrounde by a cadre a 3.0 riders... Now to check if there will (!) be 5 3.0 riders (!)  39

WOW!!  13  13  36

0 likes
enrique wrote:

I like it!  1

livestrongnick wrote:

WOW!!...

Don't make me laugh... I'm a serious guy...  45

0 likes
enrique wrote:

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Dave is lead man, but others will step in if and when needed

Thank you...

Dave Atkinson wrote:

...startlist is a little patchy at the moment

What start list are you using as a base for the game start list?...

By the way, thanks for putting it up so early, Dave... It's beautiful to have so much time to play around with teams...  4

Latest Comments