Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

casual/'urban' jersey

Just ordered some endura urban stretch cycling shorts and now need a casual/urban jersey to match.

I already have a traditional racing jersey, but I want something less obviously cyclist attire which will perform well for long summer rides.

I've ordered the Vulpine merino button jersey (reduced to £55): /content/review/59557-vulpine-merino-button-jersey
this jersey seems great for long rides as it's light weight merino which I've read great things about, particularly it's ability to pull sweat away from the body.

I also ordered the Endura urban SS polo for a similar price: /content/review/120987-endura-urban-coolmax-ss-polo-shirt
this is a mix of coolmax, polyester & merino wool and supposedly performs well.

I'll order the Chapeau's cafe jersey in grey or white stripes: /content/review/88601-chapeau-cafe-jersey
or their friday jersey (love the green): http://www.chapeau.cc/friday-jersey-green-white.html

The Chapeaus look great, the Friday version looks very non-cyclist with the hidden pockets too, but I worry the mix of cotton with the polyester may impact comfort and performance on longer rides on hot days.

Naturally I can try them all on when they arrive, but can't really put them to the test. I'd love to hear from people with knowledge of these garments. Would you recommend one over the other for performance?
They all look the part, especially the Chapeaus, but can they compete with the Vulpine for those long sweaty rides.

Thanks for reading!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments