Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon - test ride in London

Hello - I don't know if this is a weird thing to ask or not so forgive me if it is...

I'm in the market for a Canyon Roadlite AL 7.0 but am really reluctant to buy without having a ride. I've emailed Canyon and you can only test at their open house days. So... Does anyone in the SW / South London area have a Canyon Roadlite AL 7.0 that they wouldn't mind me test riding for 10 minutes?? I could bring I.D, I would even be open to discussing a 'deposit' as I really don't want to buy without trying. I realise Canyon do a 30 day send back guarantee but thinking it would be great to avoid that altogether if possible!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

srchar | 9 years ago
0 likes

You can come and have a go on my Canyon if you like, it nearly ticks all your boxes, except:

- it's an Ultimate AL, not a Roadlite
- it's a XL (60)
- I'm in North London (N10)

Steve

MarcMyWords replied to srchar | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi Steve,

That's amazing, thank you! As it happens, you tick more boxes than you realise because I've pretty much convinced myself that I must have the Ultimate AL now as you do. I don't think the distance is a problem, I'm on the Northern Line and it's worth going a bit further to test out pretty much the exact bike I'm hoping to purchase.

Are you Campag or Shimano? Not that it makes a difference because I'm more interested in how the frame feels. I'm very conscious that you can get carbon for this price so thinking it must be pretty special.

How shall we arrange, maybe over txt to start? I can't imagine you want to be giving your details out over the internet! 07515647314.

MarcMyWords replied to srchar | 9 years ago
0 likes

My apologies, Srchar - No idea why I wrote Steve!

MarcMyWords | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hey bikeboy, thanks for this! I knew it was a bit of a long shot but if you don't shoot you don't score! I'm really keen to ride before I buy and have been in contact with Canyon about open house days in Kingston but they can't confirm any dates yet. It's frustrating that you can't testride with them having an office so close but I guess that's what makes them so cheap.

What bike are you looking at? I started on the Roadlite AL 7.0 but am doing the standard thing and justifying to myself why I should be spending more so now I'm on the Ultimate AL 9.0...!

Leviathan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sorry to see you haven't got any replied. I think you deserve at least one bump before your thread slips away. A Canyon has been my dream next bike for 18 months now and doesn't seem to be coming any closer. You might just have to lay you money out and hope it meets your expectations.

MarcMyWords | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ideally a LARGE by the way!

Latest Comments