Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

interesting review on food

i still believe that cycing is a passion for me from my youth, cycling to blackpool and back as a teenager with the boys, it was a great way to bond. no one took notice of what frame, tyres, kit we had. if you had toe clips and ten speed, even five you were the daddy. Despite many many great ammbassadors today like sir chris hoy, bradley, victoria i thinks its a little sad in some clubs when you turn up and if your bike does not cost 35,000 quid and you dont have the latest garmin sky digital printed waxed legged kit your a charlie uniform november tango. there is a place for everyone but snobbery is not the place for this fantastic and wonderful pastine, sport passion. i know its in every sport at high levels as i frequent the velodrome. for those who are chasing a dream i am in admiration. its a sunny day today i shall be steadily going over holme moss then glossop then strines. stopping off at compos fish and chip shop. i am convinced that i need to talk to sky. if after 4 hours of traing they were offered by their trainer an energy bar resembling bird food, or a portion of fish and chips, peas cup of tea breadcake, i bet i would have the team on my table in fact next week at half five i am going into the velodrome with fish and chips in the paper. you watch the place stop. happy riding all. stay fit healthy and most of all happy.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes

Do you have a flat cap and a whippet Stan?

redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, I realise now I've been trolled. Bravo.

md6 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm not entirely certain what the point you were making is. I get that you a) like fish and chips, and b) don't like energy bars etc. But that's as far as I can follow. They are different things, used for different purposes at different times. In short, they're different.

farrell replied to md6 | 9 years ago
0 likes
md6 wrote:

I'm not entirely certain what the point you were making is. I get that you a) like fish and chips, and b) don't like energy bars etc. But that's as far as I can follow. They are different things, used for different purposes at different times. In short, they're different.

I think the general point is something tedious about how much better it was back in some rose tinted time when there was still traces of the plague in people's bathrooms.

Stanley replied to farrell | 9 years ago
0 likes

Outside toilet we had, a newspaper a candle and three channels on telly. Now it's all garmin computers helmets and opinions. Stay healthy keep those cals at bay.

Stanley replied to farrell | 9 years ago
0 likes

Outside toilet we had, a newspaper a candle and three channels on telly. Now it's all garmin computers helmets and opinions. Stay healthy keep those cals at bay.

redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes

lol, they won't be given an energy bar after training - they'll have a decent meal.

From this and your other post about fish and chips I'm going to suggest that your understanding of how these products are meant to be used is very limited indeed.

Stanley replied to redmeat | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's true I have no idea how these products work. Her indoors cooks and I once went to the supermarket with her to shop. You can't eat that stuff. It's not as appetising as a good plate of grub. I do admire those who sign up to the energy stuff. But I have tried it once and never ever again. You stay fit my friend.

Latest Comments