Suisse Rowe

by Joelsim   June 5, 2014  

Here is the startlist

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_de_Suisse_2014-Startlist

47 user comments

Latest 30 commentsNewest firstBest ratedAll

I think we should just take a look at the highest valued riders in each competition and use them to set the budget... So here would be my formula for the TDS:

38.1 Peter Sagan
30.9 Cadel Evans
30.8 Rui Faria Da Costa
29.4 Bauke Mollema
3.0
3.0
3.0
3.0
Total 144.2

That simple (!) Doesn't that look beautiful? Big Grin Just take the 4 highest valued riders, cram them in and surround them with 3.0 riders and you got your budget!... Sounds fair to me! Big Grin Maybe round up to the highest number... Thinking

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1747 posts]
12th June 2014 - 17:34

2 Likes

or maybe you just play the budget you get, and quit moaning Day Dreaming

it suggested 136. i'm happy to give you a special low budget, enrique, if you like

dauphine and giro were both ~145 IIRC. giro was deliberately high to see how it affected things. we normally round up. it's only a suggestion based on a simple algorithm

Dave Atkinson's picture

posted by Dave Atkinson [7379 posts]
12th June 2014 - 18:40

1 Like

This will be your scoring notes

Finish line points
35, 30, 25, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
KOM points
The number of scoring riders on a KOM climb is the maximum number of points available. So if five riders score, the first rider will receive 5 points down to 1 point for the fifth rider
Sprint points
6, 4, 2 points for the first three riders on any intermediate sprint
Sprints jersey
The sprints jersey competition overall will be scored as the points competition jersey.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8855 posts]
12th June 2014 - 19:19

1 Like

Joelsim wrote:
It does frank.

The Tour will have points, mountains and youth classifications.

Finish line points are not counted in the stage scoring although they do count towards the actual 1st to 5th place points in the classifications as above ie 5 points for the top rider in the standings at the end of the stage.

No....Finish line points won't be counted and it will be the intermediate sprints and the sprints jersey that will be scored

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8855 posts]
12th June 2014 - 19:20

0 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
There is no youth rider cat. I have removed it

Points will be based on intermediate sprints and NOT on finish line points. I forgot to put the scoring information in, so I've asked Dave if he can stick it in for me. Sorry about that.

So basically, there will be no points for sprints on the first stage as it is an ITT

I can't find last years results on the official site, so not 100% sure there was a combat award either, but leaving it in to be on the safe side. If they decide to score a young riders this year. I will add that back in. As they have no scoring information or jerseys listed on their site. Lets assume it hasn't changed.


lucky I popped in here, or would never know~!

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [397 posts]
12th June 2014 - 19:39

4 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
This will be your scoring notes

Finish line points
35, 30, 25, 22, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
KOM points
The number of scoring riders on a KOM climb is the maximum number of points available. So if five riders score, the first rider will receive 5 points down to 1 point for the fifth rider
Sprint points
6, 4, 2 points for the first three riders on any intermediate sprint
Sprints jersey
The sprints jersey competition overall will be scored as the points competition jersey.


thought forum wasn't linked to fantasy so how do the non- forums readers find out about all this ????????
What game says is still confusing
Sprint points
6, 4, 2 points for the first three riders on any intermediate sprint

Sprints jersey
The sprints jersey competition overall will be scored as the points competition jersey.
NICE WORK all with 1 day to go, great work *claps*
Have we had a drama (cock-up) free tour yet this year ?

Waaaa Waaaaa !

VVV73's picture

posted by VVV73 [397 posts]
12th June 2014 - 19:46

2 Likes

It isn't linked, want to read it in the game....GO HERE

http://fantasy.road.cc/stages?sid=8601

1 day to go?? When it opened you had over 38 hours to pick a team....

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8855 posts]
12th June 2014 - 20:29

2 Likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:
... i'm happy to give you a special low budget, enrique, if you like...

No, no, no... I'll take a higher one please... Wasn't the Giro fun for everyone?... I guess I don't take stress and hard decision-making too well... Thinking

C'mon, Dave, don't you like my simple idea below?..

enrique wrote:
I think we should just take a look at the highest valued riders in each competition and use them to set the budget... So here would be my formula for the TDS:

38.1 Peter Sagan
30.9 Cadel Evans
30.8 Rui Faria Da Costa
29.4 Bauke Mollema
3.0
3.0
3.0
3.0
Total 144.2

That simple (!) Doesn't that look beautiful? Big Grin Just take the 4 highest valued riders, cram them in and surround them with 3.0 riders and you got your budget!... Sounds fair to me! Big Grin Maybe round up to the highest number... Thinking

It's just a few more credits! Smile

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1747 posts]
12th June 2014 - 20:38

2 Likes

VVV73 wrote:
Sprints jersey
The sprints jersey competition overall will be scored as the points competition jersey.
For what it's worth I'd rather the Points Competition count the Finish Line Points just to try to be consistent with the Tour de France and always use the one that rewards the points at the stage finish no matter what race is going on...

Vive Le Road.cc Fantasy Cycling Game!

posted by enrique [1747 posts]
12th June 2014 - 20:42

2 Likes

When I did the calculations. It came up with 136....I was going to set it at 135...so you already have 5 extra points Drooling

Because there are two different jerseys and not a combined points in the TdS that is why I'm scoring the sprints, otherwise it is just rewarding those home first ever day. They already get rewarded.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8855 posts]
12th June 2014 - 21:26

1 Like

Can I just ask - there are still 257 riders available for this race as the final startlists haven't yet been applied. So - can you trust your algorithm that sets the budget? I don't care either way, and I hate people moaning about budgets - its your game and you can set whatever budgets you like, its the same for all of us. But you seem to be implying that the budget is set at least in part based on the values of the riders that are riding, and at the moment there are still 12 riders listed for a number of teams (AG2R, Astana, Belkin) so that might throw off the calculation no? I actually think 140 is fine for this race, its just that the thought occurred to me and I wondered if it had occurred to you too, and whether you've looked at it and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1635 posts]
13th June 2014 - 8:23

2 Likes

enrique wrote:
VVV73 wrote:
Sprints jersey
The sprints jersey competition overall will be scored as the points competition jersey.
For what it's worth I'd rather the Points Competition count the Finish Line Points just to try to be consistent with the Tour de France and always use the one that rewards the points at the stage finish no matter what race is going on...

For what its worth I agree with Gkam, if a race has a separate intermediate sprints jersey we should score that and not the points jersey. Its only the 5,4,3,2,1 points per day, and especially with tight budgets its better to give the low-priced riders more chances to score points.

chrisdstripes's picture

posted by chrisdstripes [1635 posts]
13th June 2014 - 8:25

1 Like

No Spartacus for me tmw. Worried

posted by Joelsim [1385 posts]
13th June 2014 - 23:13

0 Likes

Why on earth is this an 8am deadline when the race doesn't start til the afternoon?

posted by Joelsim [1385 posts]
13th June 2014 - 23:30

2 Likes

They should all be at 9am, that is where I set it, so it is consistent through the race. none of this fannying about with times all over the shop. You know you have to have your team in be X time every day.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8855 posts]
13th June 2014 - 23:50

2 Likes

Oppps, they were set at 9am local....now they are 9am here Applause

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8855 posts]
13th June 2014 - 23:53

1 Like

Joelsim wrote:
No Spartacus for me tmw. Worried

Same

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3962 posts]
14th June 2014 - 0:27

1 Like

As my purist riders have usually all fallen off by Stage 3 in stage races this year, I have decided to try a different strategy for the TdS...
Have gone Wiggo and 8 Swiss riders.... Silly

"Shut up enrique"

STEVESPRO 79's picture

posted by STEVESPRO 79 [501 posts]
14th June 2014 - 8:48

1 Like

Thunderstorms predicted this afternoon. That could mess things up. Wiggo and Frank look to have the best starting times. Not good for Dennis or Izaguirre.

posted by Joelsim [1385 posts]
14th June 2014 - 9:39

1 Like

Joelsim wrote:
Thunderstorms predicted this afternoon. That could mess things up. Wiggo and Frank look to have the best starting times. Not good for Dennis or Izaguirre.

Good job I have Wiggo and Frank in both teams

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3962 posts]
14th June 2014 - 9:57

0 Likes

I debated putting Frank and opted just for purist.

My team

Tom Dumoulin (GSH)
Ion Izaguirre (MOV)
Rohan Dennis (GRS)
Tony Martin (OPQ)
Bradley Wiggins (SKY)
Alex Dowsett (MOV)
Davide Formolo (CAD)
Mateusz Taciak (CCC)
Linus Gerdemann (MTQ)

posted by Joelsim [1385 posts]
14th June 2014 - 10:15

0 Likes

Gkam84 wrote:
They should all be at 9am, that is where I set it, so it is consistent through the race. none of this fannying about with times all over the shop. You know you have to have your team in be X time every day.

I thought the new 'standard' was 1 hour prior to stage start, except when that was prior to 8am arbitrarily?
Consistency?

posted by cherrypicked [172 posts]
14th June 2014 - 10:30

1 Like

I had to go with Frank, with that profile, home tour, mountainous stage tomorrow.

Thought about Iz but couldn't squeeze him in, although would have had to drop Albasini instead and didn't fancy that

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3962 posts]
14th June 2014 - 10:31

1 Like

I had him in and out (ooh er missus), but went for Iz as he is team leader and has been better at TTs so far this year. Frank will be making my team at some stage soon I should imagine

posted by Joelsim [1385 posts]
14th June 2014 - 10:55

0 Likes

cherrypicked wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
They should all be at 9am, that is where I set it, so it is consistent through the race. none of this fannying about with times all over the shop. You know you have to have your team in be X time every day.

I thought the new 'standard' was 1 hour prior to stage start, except when that was prior to 8am arbitrarily?
Consistency?

I am unaware of this new standard....think you might be pulling that from somewhere and confusing it.

Gkam84's picture

posted by Gkam84 [8855 posts]
14th June 2014 - 11:14

1 Like

Gkam84 wrote:
cherrypicked wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:
They should all be at 9am, that is where I set it, so it is consistent through the race. none of this fannying about with times all over the shop. You know you have to have your team in be X time every day.

I thought the new 'standard' was 1 hour prior to stage start, except when that was prior to 8am arbitrarily?
Consistency?

I am unaware of this new standard....think you might be pulling that from somewhere and confusing it.


I've just looked back - there wasn't anything to say it was the new standard. Daves first post in: http://road.cc/content/forum/120545-criterium-du-dauphine
Still raises questions of consistency, and that we could be finalising teams now for tds

posted by cherrypicked [172 posts]
14th June 2014 - 11:25

1 Like

Standard team:
Wiggins, Martin, Dennis, Izaguirre, Dumoulin, Dowsett, Chernetskiy, Gerdemann, Formolo.

Purist team
Wiggins, Kreuziger, Mollema, Izaguirre, Monfort, Modolo, Chernetskiy, Gerdemann, Formolo.

posted by Twybaydos [347 posts]
14th June 2014 - 11:28

0 Likes

One difference from mine Twy. I nearly went for Chertnetskii too but decided to keep some money in hand

posted by Joelsim [1385 posts]
14th June 2014 - 11:54

1 Like

Purist a bit different though

My team

Bradley Wiggins (SKY)
Rohan Dennis (GRS)
Mathias Frank (IAM)
Alexsandr Dyachenko (AST)
Rui Faria Da Costa (LAM)
Ion Izaguirre (MOV)
Linus Gerdemann (MTQ)
Davide Formolo (CAD)
Andrea Guardini (AST)

posted by Joelsim [1385 posts]
14th June 2014 - 11:56

1 Like

May have got this horribly wrong....

Just looking at the odds, my team will crash and burn, Frank 350/1, yet albasini at 40/1, and sagan 9/2 yet Martin 9/1 Thinking

Gone for Martin to beat Sagan and Frank to beat Pinot in matchups.

posted by TERatcliffe26 [3962 posts]
14th June 2014 - 12:28

1 Like