Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike hire in Valencia

Can anyone point me to a decent road bike hire place in Valencia? I'm going there in a few weeks time and having done a Google search most places seem to only offer city bikes or fairly low end road bikes.
Thanks.  4

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

JosephSpalb | 4 years ago
0 likes

We rent in the Pelican Bike https://pelicanbikerentals.com/ 

So we take 3 bikes (for weekends). It coasts for us around 18 euro for each one. So for 3x = 54 euro.

We take a simple bikes without electric motor.

You need to remember their rule -  "When booking bicycles for less than a day, they must be returned on the same day during company working hours."

don simon fbpe replied to JosephSpalb | 4 years ago
0 likes

JosephSpalb wrote:

We rent in the Pelican Bike https://pelicanbikerentals.com/ 

So we take 3 bikes (for weekends). It coasts for us around 18 euro for each one. So for 3x = 54 euro.

We take a simple bikes without electric motor.

You need to remember their rule -  "When booking bicycles for less than a day, they must be returned on the same day during company working hours."

Muchas gracias por la informacion.

charliebah | 8 years ago
0 likes

I rented from DOYOUBIKE (http://www.doyoubike.com/rental/en/alquiler/ is the link to the English hire page - the language tab is hard to find!) and would recommend them.

The bikes were Merida RaceLites, entry level but decent - carbon fork, alu frame, stock wheels (Alexrims I think), new Tiagra on most of them (which I was impressed with by the way). We road them up to Morella through the national parks, which was bloody hard work, and I didn't hate the bike by the end.

If you're renting for a few days the price is very reasonable, and the staff were very nice and accommodating – they lent us free helmets and locks, let us pick up the bikes the evening before the rental period started so we could set off early the next day, and most importantly, when I accidentally reserved the bikes for the week before I needed them they emailed me to check why I hadn't picked them up and changed the booking for free.

sincadena | 9 years ago
0 likes

Have a email chat with Adam (office [at] citruscycling.co.uk) at Citrus, he'll be able to sort you out or point you in the right direction. he's further south.

charliebah | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have the same problem! Did you find anything? If so I'd be keen to hear your tips.

Thanks!

paulbeckett replied to charliebah | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well... I ended up getting some wheels from www.ciclosbenavent.com in Gandia (~35 miles south of Valencia), which we were staying closer to. It was an old (probably 2002), and slightly too small (I flipped the stem - but still suffered with neck ache for a few days...) Giant TCR 1. It was well loved, with period Campy Record bits (non compact - which was unwelcome on some of those climbs!) and new(ish) Mavic Cosmic wheels.
I found Ciclos Benavent from a Google search. However, I later realised that there are some stores in town which might have a better/more modern hire fleet (including Trek and Specialized stores).
Would be interesested to hear how you get on, as I may well go back there.
Cheers!

Latest Comments