Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Criterium du Dauphine

Now open - stage deadlines 1hr before start, except where that made it a pre-8am deadline in the UK, I've given everyone a chance to wake up  3

If any look wrong, let me know.

Stage profiles are now available via the stage information link in the scroller.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

90 comments

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

i think it's the enrique gambit for me, at least in part. the trick is using the extra money to get people who *actually* score  3

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I haven't changed my team yet today. It must be right then.

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm looking to set up a climbing team then 'track back' to introduce an extra TT'er who will come out on stage 2

Might be limited to GC/Competition standing points in the middle of the race though....hoping for 3 transfers for the expected reduced bunch sprint on stage 3(Gerrans/DeMare/Gallopin my preferred trio right now).

Provisional Standard

Froome
Kwiatkowski
Spilak
Kangert
Jungels
VDB
Coppel
Berhane
Larsson

Provisional Purist

Kwiatkowski
Talansky
Tejay
Spilak
Peraud
Berhane
Larsson
Pozzato
Elissonde

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well here is my purist.

Arnaud Demare (FDJ)
Alberto Contador (TSB)
Bob Jungels (TFR)
Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
Edward Beltran (TSB)
Simon Spilak (KAT)
Jerome Coppel (COF)
Daan Olivier (GSH)
Anton Vorobyev (KAT)

For anyone who is thinking of gaining inspiration from this, don't. I can't tell you how poor I am at purist.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Dave, you have to get this budget thing under control...  45 Here's the 4 highest valued riders in this competition:

40.0 Christopher Froome
35.5 Michal Kwiatkowski
33.2 Richie Porte
32.9 Vincenzo Nibali
Total 156.6

2 Won't you please make it easy for fools like me to be able to fit in these 4 riders and 5 3.0 riders and call it 'my team'?  20 Please?  2 .  20 I cry every night.  39 Seriously. It affects me. I can't sleep. I can't make choices...  45 I just want an easy way out of this incredible dilemma... I don't care about winning... I just want a pretty team with the 4 highest valued riders in it and have it look pretty in the Top 500 in the rankings...  4  45

thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm hoping this lot might have some luck in breaks, overall and a bit of climbing, I am not changing it before the start unless of a withdrawal. Probably a rubbish choice. I'll change in the game to get used to the rules. I'm banking that Voeckler will test himself at least once, and I've enjoyed watching Yates so far this season but will see how the big hills suit him. Sarmiento has done well in this race before.
I found loads of choice with 150 to play with, there is some value outside the stars and even within them.

Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
Vincenzo Nibali(AST)
Geoffrey Soupe (FDJ)
Pierrick Fedrigo (FDJ)
Thomas Voeckler (EUC)
Vincent Jerome (EUC)
Adam Yates (OGE)
Peter Stetina (BMC}
Jose Cayetano Sarmiento (CAD)

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

150 is tight on this one, but I suspect it will make the leaderboards a little more interesting rather than everyone having 7 of the same + 2 wildcards.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

ps when I click on the prizes tab, there aren't any there...

Joelsim replied to thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes
thefatcyclist wrote:

I'm hoping this lot might have some luck in breaks, overall and a bit of climbing, I am not changing it before the start unless of a withdrawal. Probably a rubbish choice. I'll change in the game to get used to the rules. I'm banking that Voeckler will test himself at least once, and I've enjoyed watching Yates so far this season but will see how the big hills suit him. Sarmiento has done well in this race before.
I found loads of choice with 150 to play with, there is some value outside the stars and even within them.

Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
Vincenzo Nibali(AST)
Geoffrey Soupe (FDJ)
Pierrick Fedrigo (FDJ)
Thomas Voeckler (EUC)
Vincent Jerome (EUC)
Adam Yates (OGE)
Peter Stetina (BMC}
Jose Cayetano Sarmiento (CAD)

You may find Soupe gets you in a pickle.

Given he's been removed from the roster.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I can't post without putting a subject line in.

I can't post directly as I only have a preview button.

I can't start a post.

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

150 is plenty, there are loads of sub-20-credit riders that could conceivably score well. The problem comes when even the second and third string riders are at 20-25 credits, and there's hardly anyone at less than 10, but that hasn't been the case since last year's TDF. Keep it up guys, looking good!

enrique replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

150 is plenty...

Ok, Dave, then the problem is the rider values... can you lower each riders value by 5% of their current value?  39 I think that should do it, really...  1

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I can't post without putting a subject line in...I can't post directly as I only have a preview button...

39 Me neither... Something changed in the Forum software?...  39 Weird...

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

some shonkiness from the server changes earlier i think

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is that a technical term?

VVV73 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Quite a challenge, but not impossible. Ive gone for big names in purist, as I think there is enough predictable stages, with the summit finish on stage 2 early, likely to produce GC points. the so called flatter stages are more unpredictable, so got a couple of strongish guys that could compete from a reduced sprint.

As for standard, ive gone Kwit, but could easily swap him for Froome for stage 2. Got some decentish TTers, should have it all covered nicely.

Yep, another interesting starting 2 stages, quite a few decent priced TT / climbers. I think there will be some interesting combo's  1
Interesting , you thinking of selling Killer(Kwai) stage 2 , I thought he would be leading the Yth jersey and maybe even the GC. figured he be close in the yth even for climbers, haven't checked all the ages yet, but I believe it would be , TJ, Talansky , Kelder, Killer, yates maybe , I know a lot rate Ellisonde, Is Neive a youth cause I like him a lot.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, time to hit the books I guess.
Forgotten Giro , Fresh page can't wait  26

thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Hi yes the Soupe is off, but I kept him in because still on Steephill, but I have put Nicki Sorensen in for the time being.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I will confess, I have Tejay too, Id I think going into stage 2 with Kwit and Tejay, is too risky, so thinking Froome or Contador to replace Kwit. We shall see, gonna have another look at it all now. (also can't see much from Kelder after his giro exploits, he would do better in TdS in my opinion)

I rather fancy Yates, however for his price, he is too risky for my purist, and Id like to see him on stage 2, with a view for later in the week, after all its his biggest race yet of his career, with by far the strongest field. I fear he may end up with what are decent finishes, but down in positions 15-20, which are too low for his current price in this kind of field.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I agree. Fancy Yates but not at that price with this field. TJVG is also a risk in my opinion given he has had a lack of racing time. And Froome Dog.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah, obviously it's an algorithm and all that but Yates does seem poor value here. Froome though, I, think justifies his price as a hot favourite for three stages and likely to carry GC points through too.

It seems the trick to this one will be sorting out those MM and 'flat' (but not really flat) stages. And that means plenty of research and a good chunk of luck.

VVV73 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I will confess, I have Tejay too, Id I think going into stage 2 with Kwit and Tejay, is too risky, so thinking Froome or Contador to replace Kwit. We shall see, gonna have another look at it all now. (also can't see much from Kelder after his giro exploits, he would do better in TdS in my opinion)

I rather fancy Yates, however for his price, he is too risky for my purist, and Id like to see him on stage 2, with a view for later in the week, after all its his biggest race yet of his career, with by far the strongest field. I fear he may end up with what are decent finishes, but down in positions 15-20, which are too low for his current price in this kind of field.

After looking deeper I can see why you trading, yes killer is a risk day 2, the youth seem a little weak here, maybe getting a little flat after tough season so far. Talansky and TJ have both graduated from yth this year, leaving killer and kelder to fight it out. Brave effort by Kelder if he backs up after that Giro'. Next best imo is Bo Jangels ....lol
Certianly some big decisions to be made early, could be another giro start if get it wrong ARGH...  102

0 likes

Most overpriced rider has to be Edet?

chrisdstripes replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Most overpriced rider has to be Edet?

Yeah - he's not ridden much this season and got lots of points in the Vuelta last year winning the mountains. Bumps him up.

stevemarks | 9 years ago
0 likes

150 budget looks perfect, plenty of options and had to think really hard about what to do. My initial list had 42 names on it and I ended up putting in at least three guys that were not on it.

The big question I agree is what to make of the midweek stages. Puristwise I am ignoring them, But the fantasy competition winner I think will be the one who gets those right, they look like classics stages and the inclusion of so many classics type riders would suggest they will be very interesting.

Some of these lower priced riders are very interesting too.  3

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Demare looks like a nice bargain. Hard to see anyone other than Demare or Nizzolo winning any sprints.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

There are a few sprinters in there if you look.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I still haven't changed my team. How weird.

EDIT: Er, I hadn't

0 likes

I'll be surprised if Spilak isn't THE most popular rider.....unless he's made to ride for Dani?

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Where is everyone?

JAndrewHill replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I am here. Thinking of picking stage winners for my purist team rather than gc guys. I cant afford a mix of both.

Pages

Latest Comments