FOR SALE: Like New GIANT DEFY ADVANCED 2 2013 (Medium) Still Under Guarantee

by pearson.tfl   May 26, 2014  

Selling my Giant Defy Advanced 2 2013, in like new condition. The bike won Cycling Plus/Bike Radar's "Bike of the Year" last year - see the reviews, made it to top 3 this year with only the paint job changed!. It is size medium which would ideally suit someone 5'8" to 6'. I purchased it on a whim from Chris' bikes, Cambridge on 31.08.13. I am providing the receipt/guarantee, so there is still a few months warranty still left. Giant provide ten years warranty on the forks and lifetime warranty on the frame, which is valid from Chris, who is a certified Giant dealer.

The bike is in immaculate condition and has only been test ridden in my local area 3-4 times - it has done maximum of 50 miles in total (liberal estimate), so in like new condition. I didn't sell it last year because I have been waiting for the summer and trying to persuade my wife to let me keep it (having bought it impulsively), though to no avail - hence why I haven't ridden it (because I knew I would probably have to sell it). For lots of pictures, see here - http://imgur.com/a/gNZbX?gallery.

I have scaled the bike for marks. There are three very minor cosmetic marks on the bike, as seen in the photos and the video. One small scuff to the lacquer on the chain stay (likely from transporting from Cambridge), which I have put some clear lacquer on (see photo), a 2-3mm scuff (couldn't be described as a scratch as faint and barely visible) under the stay, a snag on the bar tape and a scratch to the decal where I've used my tyre levers to put the gatorskin tyre on the front wheel (I changed the tyre soon after I got it home because the factory-fit Giant tyre was slightly uneven). That is all - I've been over it with a tooth-comb!

Please see my Youtube video for more details and a closer look - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4HhVheNpxo. In the video description you will find a link to lots more pictures detailing the bike's condition etc. Do email, call or text if you are interested or would like more information.

Specification:

- Toray T700 carbon fibre fork and frame (whole bike in a Large weighs only 7.9kg!)
- Full Shimano 105 group set with no omissions
- Giant Powercore press fit bottom bracket
- Fizik Aliante saddle
- Giant/DT Swiss PSL1 wheelset
- Ridesense Ant+ sensor build in (for use with Garmin)
- Electronic groupset ready
- Titanium bolts

1 user comments

Oldest firstNewest firstBest rated

Hi.
Still for sale? What price are you looking for?

posted by freelander_1 [1 posts]
16th June 2014 - 23:19

like this
Like (0)