Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Evolution Bikes? has anyone got one/seen/heard of them?

Hello!

Basically been trawling through various different websites and auction sites looking for good deals on aero carbon bikes, and ive found this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVOLUTION-SLR-2-0-AV-carbon-ROAD-bike-/1713366...)

This bike certainly doesn't falter in the looks department, and the spec is pretty decent also, but i cant find any history of these online at all! Looks like you get a great deal!  13

Has anyone got one, seen one or ridden one?

Thankyou in advance!  41  41

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

wellcoordinated | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure how anyone could buy a bike online without trying it first. I would steer (  21 ) clear of this one!!

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm not so sure about a great deal. From what I can see, it's a generic far east frame with SRAM Apex, for £1750. Given that I paid £1000 for what looks like a very similar but non-aero frame with SRAM Apex, I'm guessing you're paying for the carbon bars and the deep section wheels, which may or may not just be typical alloy clinchers with a plastic fairing. In fact, I fail to see how you could get under 7kg (stated weight of 15.4lb) with Apex.

If I was buying now, for this sort of cash, I'd go here:
http://road.cc/content/forum/117876-de-ver-cycles-bikebuilder-has-anybod...

I realise you might not be near London, but those guys appear to be offering crazy bikes for around £2k. It would easily justify a trip down on the train or whatever.

As an example, £1746 gets you:
Deda Super Scuro RC frameset
Shimano Ultegra 6800 11speed
Mavic Ksyrium Elite S with Conti GP4000s tyres
Deda finishing kit
3T handlebar tape

Now that's a properly nice bike. Most bikes at this price have naff wheels and are the first thing you upgrade, but Ksyrium Elites are sweet.

Good luck!

glynr36 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just a catalogue open mould frame with garish stickers.
It's what most bikes are anyway, though not sure what long term support you'd had with warranty etc.

Flying Scot | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's errrr a bit loud!

Latest Comments