Home

Hello!

Basically been trawling through various different websites and auction sites looking for good deals on aero carbon bikes, and ive found this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EVOLUTION-SLR-2-0-AV-carbon-ROAD-bike-/1713366...)

This bike certainly doesn't falter in the looks department, and the spec is pretty decent also, but i cant find any history of these online at all! Looks like you get a great deal!  13

Has anyone got one, seen one or ridden one?

Thankyou in advance!  41 41

4 comments

Flying Scot [908 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

It's errrr a bit loud!

glynr36 [637 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

Just a catalogue open mould frame with garish stickers.
It's what most bikes are anyway, though not sure what long term support you'd had with warranty etc.

notfastenough [3661 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm not so sure about a great deal. From what I can see, it's a generic far east frame with SRAM Apex, for £1750. Given that I paid £1000 for what looks like a very similar but non-aero frame with SRAM Apex, I'm guessing you're paying for the carbon bars and the deep section wheels, which may or may not just be typical alloy clinchers with a plastic fairing. In fact, I fail to see how you could get under 7kg (stated weight of 15.4lb) with Apex.

If I was buying now, for this sort of cash, I'd go here:
http://road.cc/content/forum/117876-de-ver-cycles-bikebuilder-has-anybod...

I realise you might not be near London, but those guys appear to be offering crazy bikes for around £2k. It would easily justify a trip down on the train or whatever.

As an example, £1746 gets you:
Deda Super Scuro RC frameset
Shimano Ultegra 6800 11speed
Mavic Ksyrium Elite S with Conti GP4000s tyres
Deda finishing kit
3T handlebar tape

Now that's a properly nice bike. Most bikes at this price have naff wheels and are the first thing you upgrade, but Ksyrium Elites are sweet.

Good luck!

wellcoordinated [201 posts] 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm not sure how anyone could buy a bike online without trying it first. I would steer (  21 ) clear of this one!!