Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro stage 15

Break 3'
Bouet
Rodriguez
Barbin
Ratto
Torres
Le Bon
Cardoso
Cunego
Hansen
Geschke
Paolini
Felline

DNS
Van Baarle (GRS)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

26 comments

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Unfortunately I was muted so couldn't give out my 66/1 tip Duarte',
I was very keen on Duarte, as I learnt he lives and trains near by, recently had a daughter and would like to dedicate a stage to her, and he didn't spend a penny day before back in pack. KNEW today was the day. first 3 in my team, as Aru just keeps impressing, he looked to be travelling very well other day, but I did make mistake getting caught up in the hunger flat talk about Uran which takes 48 hrs to recover from, so kept Evans and sold Uran ...silly billy. 171 pts not to shabby, into top 20 I think in purist for giro and 2nd in purist non prem races for the year  1 Been a great tour again, always full of action, but for crying out load, change the time of year or something, man is it global warming or what, but this races weather just gets worse every year, couldn't pay me enough to do this tour, and I think it is the most dangerous.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Provisional winners

1 alancullie alancullie 206
1= shelly shelly 206

Joelsim replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Provisional winners

1 alancullie alancullie 206
1= shelly shelly 206

3 Uran Uran

Twybaydos replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

3 Twybaydos Twybaydos more like.

I took Morabito out yesterday for Monsalve. That would have been the win

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Provisional scores going up now, only thing missing is the Fuga prize.

P.S. No stage mountain points today, as the only climb was the summit finish.  3

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,3,5,6,11,12. Dropped Arredondo for duarte last night. Woohoo

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,3,4,6,11,12,13..... Slightly better today...

chiv30 | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,3,5,6,11,12 for me may make 2 changes for Tuesday to try and close the gap in the fs it's either going to be genius or insane  7

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

No Aru or Duarte for me, so I got an OK 3,4,5,6,11,12. Great finish to the stage though. Tuesday might be more likely to be a breakaway day but there are so many candidates now, I can't decide whether to risk it. Could just go Aru in for Kelderman but I'm always tempted to try to pick the big-scoring break guy...

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

Glad I missed the deadline today, was going to drop Aru for Duarte! Shows what I know. Great to see a young Italian win a big climbing stage.

Alan Tullett replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

Glad I missed the deadline today, was going to drop Aru for Duarte! Shows what I know. Great to see a young Italian win a big climbing stage.

I was thinking of Duarte as well. I had him last year when he was high up and was about 2nd on the stage. I had to bring in Quintana and Aru though as I'd previously made the mistake of swapping Aru for Ulissi. That worked out ok. Duarte for Kelderman is a possibility as Kelderman isn't a great climber. But I doubt if I would have risked it even if I had the transfer.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Chapeau Aru. Brilliant.

Evans is cooked.

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's going to be the GC shoot out we all want!

Well, I want it because I've got GC riders. Might go for the break on Tuesday if I feel I have to.

Quintana (Evans)
Aru (Ulissi)
Uran
Majka
Pozzovivo
Kelderman
Arredondo

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Come on Hansen a lotto win will give me team bonus as I put wellens in  4

Philip Unwin | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sprint
1 Ratto
2 Barbin
3 Cunego

7' with 70km to go

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm still working on the assumption the break won't stick today, I hope so anyway as I have 7 of the top 8 favourites for the stage! Strong group - but they might need 3-4 mins at the foot of the climb...

Rolland victory would be perfect thankyou!

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

So I believe my posts can't be read, and I was never informed of this, tho I paid to be part of this site...Another great service. I should have at least been notified thru e-mail if this is the case, I have once again been wasting my valuable time ...Hmmmmm .  39
Wonder how sponsor feel about how their product is represented.  103

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pretty sure Fabio Duarte' will have a crack today, lives near by and rode quietly yesterday .

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I think I'm destined to go through the whole Giro without getting someone in a break.

ray silvester replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I think I'm destined to go through the whole Giro without getting someone in a break.

Break doesn't earn much today anyway

Philip Unwin replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

True, but yesterday the first 12 came from the break
and the day before the first 3

ray silvester replied to Philip Unwin | 9 years ago
0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:
ray silvester wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

True, but yesterday the first 12 came from the break
and the day before the first 3

Doubt they'll allow this one too much leeway with Cunego at 10'32" behind on GC in it though?

Joelsim replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

I know but I have Fedi and Bandiera and I thought they would go for it today.

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Zardini is bound to try again... Wellens will go out on a KOM raid next week... then Arredondo will have to go with him to defend... Stick any of those in your team and wait...

ray silvester replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Zardini is bound to try again... Wellens will go out on a KOM raid next week... then Arredondo will have to go with him to defend... Stick any of those in your team and wait...

If I was to stick my neck out for a break man on Stage 16 it would be DeGendt at the scene of his breakthrough performance on the Stelvio.....or Rabottini IF he's not within 10 minutes of the leader.

Philip Unwin | 9 years ago
0 likes

5' after 55km

Latest Comments