Uran
Aru
Malori
Hesjedal
Pozzovivo

68 comments

chrisdstripes [1732 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Mine's a total mess! Been doing too many late-night, post-pub transfers. 30 pens today. Hope Malori's OK as he looked totally messed up from the photos that have been doing the rounds on Twitter (that I didn't see until after I'd brought him in)...

Evans
Uran
De Gendt
Kelderman
Weening
Ludvigsson
Malori
Bouhanni
Armee

drheaton [3318 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Six transfers (40 penalty points). Not sure what my aim is now for the rest of the race, yesterday was a disaster so I'm totally out of the running for a decent overall position. Might stage hunt or may just try and pull myself up into the top 100.

Anyway:

Evans
De Gendt
Ludvigsson
Kelderman
Malori
Castroviejo
Zoidl
Pozzovivo
Colli

TERatcliffe26 [4658 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Just 20 points for me

Malori
Castroviejo
Monfort
Rogers
Kelderman
Evans
Uran
Majka
Arredondo

Seem to have a couple not many others have from teams posted, but then I lack a couple others do have such as Ludvigsson (was worried about the length and couldn't quite afford) and De Gendt who is too inconsistent. Monfort could be the one for me, he is still in the GC hunt for a top 10 so will want to go well.

The thing with Malori is if he isn't too injured then he will go well, and it would be a big risk in my opinion to leave him out. or me you loose less by having him and him not doing so well, than not having him and him coming home top 3

0 likes

I agree on Monfort, could be a good pick. He's in my purists so I thought I'd go Ludvigsson instead for my standard.

Think I'm going to write off tomorrow's stage, bring in the GC guys tomorrow for pens, so I'm set up with exactly the team I want for Saturday...

0 likes

I considered Rogers instead but figured that his race was done now, he's won a stage and is over 12 mins down on GC so there's no need for him to put in a solid TT, especially if he's now saving himself to work for Majka.

I've picked what I think is as good a TT team as I can get (without Monfort) and still have more than 35 credits left over which is frankly ridiculous. I'm all for experimenting with budgets but 180 is way too high.

0 likes

I like it - its just that there aren't many TTers in the race which distorts today a bit. In the TdF you'll have Froome, Nibali, Contador, Kwiatkowski all at 32-40 credits, plus Martin, Cancellara, Wiggins, Phinney, Dennis etc at 25-32 - it'll be a lot harder.

My favourite thing about the 180 budget has been the ability to pick higher priced riders for the breakaways (not that I've utilised it very well...)

ray silvester [1836 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

In:Evans,Tuft,Malori,Pozzovivo,Ludviggsson

Out:Viviani,Bouhanni,Swift,Tjallingi,Rubiano

Evans
Tuft
Malori
Pozzovivo
Ludviggson
Kelderman
Ulissi
Majka
Arredondo

1 transfer banked which WAS going to be Durbridge in for Arredondo.....never mind....3 for tomorrow

dave atkinson [6250 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

10 pens and i've ended up with

Uran
Kelderman
De Gendt
Evans
Malori
Majka
Ulissi
Ponzi
Godoy

0 likes

Starting to get worried by a lack of De Gendt!

stevemarks [471 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I considered Rogers instead but figured that his race was done now, he's won a stage and is over 12 mins down on GC so there's no need for him to put in a solid TT, especially if he's now saving himself to work for Majka.

I've picked what I think is as good a TT team as I can get (without Monfort) and still have more than 35 credits left over which is frankly ridiculous. I'm all for experimenting with budgets but 180 is way too high.

I am not sure yet on the budget issue, it does seem too high to me on the basis that I do not think I have had to not put in a rider I wanted yet for the whole Giro. I will be able to say for sure when we come down to the sharp end.

I have

EBH
Evans
Van Baarle
Arredondo
Uran
Malori
Ludvigson
Kelderman
Pozzovivo

I am worried about Pozzo, he could be great or a real flop here. Took a gamble on Eddie as thought he was a bit different and I can leave him in for tomorrow. Lots of alternatives to consider, but its very open for top five today as apart from Malori there is no outstanding choice, Le Bon, Rodgers and Castroviejo would have made it into my team with more transfers but I judged it not worth taking penalties for them. only 10 penalty points for me today.

STEVESPRO 79 [546 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

MALORI
GRETSCH
EVANS
URAN
KELDERMAN
MAJKA
ARU
CATALDO
CASTROVIEJO

20 penalties...

cherrypicked [168 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Took the punt on sivtsov ahead of Malori. Also have Evans kelderman Majka uran ulissi Arredondo Godoy and wellens. Not sure what I was thinking but that's normal! One transfer remaining

VVV73 [408 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Went pretty hard here.

IN Malori, Kelderman, De Gendt, Cataldo.
20 pen.

Evans
Uran
Malori
Kelderman
EBH
Cataldo
De Gendt
Zoidl
Colli
Good Luck

enrique [2346 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

I like it... the 180 budget...

Obviamente tienes todo mi apoyo  3

0 likes

Disappointed with Tuft  45

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Disappointed with Tuft  45

He still hasn't recovered from his Stage 4 crash, seems Santa and Weening are the only 2 healthy Orica guys left based on what there camp was saying after yesterday

enrique [2346 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

'Sørensen abandons the Giro: Chris Anker Sørensen injured his hand and arm and had a concussion as a result of the crash, which happened after 70 kilometers of the stage' (http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/soerensen_abandons_the_giro/)

Joelsim [1975 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

I have to admit I think 180 is slightly too high for this field. For a more expensive field for the Tour then perhaps. A lot of teams will have exactly the same names next week.

0 likes

Malori seems to have done very badly, he has just disappeared.

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Malori posted a time of 1hr 4m

Philip Unwin [991 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Ludvigsson nasty crash. Doesn't look good

0 likes

Cycling is a stupid stupid sport. Ludviggson down, Castro slow, Malori slow.

Was banking on today being a decent enough score to start to pull me back up into the top 100 but it looks like I'll be stage/badge hunting instead.

0 likes
Philip Unwin wrote:

Malori posted a time of 1hr 4m

That may be Mori..........Malori is showing 1.05.22 on PCS.....dreadful

Will Bouhanni make the time cut at 10mins+ ?

I ALWAYS used to pick Gretsch in Time Trials but gradually went off him for the likes of Tuft and Malori

0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I have to admit I think 180 is slightly too high for this field. For a more expensive field for the Tour then perhaps. A lot of teams will have exactly the same names next week.

I think 150 to 180 would have been fine priced as is.

For the Tour de France I think it is important that the cost of the low to mid riders is lower relative to the more expensive and high point scorers. With the best going full gas the rest don't score much. It would be nice to find some value hidden in the lower riders

....hopes Dave is listening...

livestrongnick [2118 posts] 2 years ago
0 likes

Why didn't I go de gendt over malori  40

0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

Will Bouhanni make the time cut at 10mins+ ?

Peloton watch says its 30%, so he should be safe

0 likes

I suspect most people have taken Ulissi out today, like me. D'oh!

0 likes

Go Ulissi

0 likes

Oh dear, and that my friends is the end of my Giro, what a joke

should have gone De Gendt and not took Ulissi out. Think im gonna give this game up and quit while im behind.

0 likes

Referring to my post yesterday I considered De Gendt and Cataldo, had them both in and out. And then replaced Ulissi with Evans and went for Malori and Zoidl instead.

Pah!

Pages