Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro stage 10

My team for today.

Nacer Bouhanni (FDJ)
Rafal Majka (TSB)
Rigoberto Uran (OPQ)
Giacomo Nizzolo (TFR)
Roberto Ferrari (LAM)
Enrico Gasparotto (AST)
Fabio Aru (AST)
Davide Appollonio (ALM)
Ivan Rovny (TSB)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

79 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

And 2 points for points standing I think

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

A lot of the top teams had Viviani and Mezgec and not so many had Ferrari, Bouhanni and Nizzolo. A bit of a shake up at the top I think.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4,8,9,15 plus standings points. I make that 141 which probably won't set the world alight but should be solid. Annoyed Mezgec didn't do better but that's racing, if only I'd picked Matthews instead...  20

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

1,2,4,13 plus GC for Uran, Aru, Majka. No penalties. 138 by my calculaaation.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Joint combativity award on Fuga, is that 5 points each for Bandiera and Fedi?

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

10 each  4 I hope..  39

I'm so happy to see the updating occuring so quickly... That (!) I don't miss about California!  4

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

It appears to be stuck

Alan Tullett replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

1,2,4,8,9,15 plus standings points. I make that 141 which probably won't set the world alight but should be solid. Annoyed Mezgec didn't do better but that's racing, if only I'd picked Matthews instead...  20

I was originally going to pick Mezgec over my usual Ferrari but in the end went Matthews as I thought he was more likely to do something tomorrow and he seems to have the better form. Only brought in Bouhanni otherwise and swapped Chicchi for a 3 rider I hope will do something later. Still got a transfer in hand and may or may not bring in a rider for the break tomorrow as I want a strong team for the TT, much more predictable than sprints with their crashes. Although penalties aren't expensive if you've got table points already it's a risk bringing in a sprinter. I swapped Uran out to afford Bouhanni but with him coming 13th it wasn't a big profit. Glad I didn't swap Evans though! I'll probably drop a bit today but not too much as it's tricky to afford Bouhanni and Nizzolo and keep all the good scoring GC riders. Ferrari again would have been the clever pick. That guy rarely crashes!

Joelsim replied to Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
drheaton wrote:

I was originally going to pick Mezgec over my usual Ferrari but in the end went Matthews as I thought he was more likely to do something tomorrow and he seems to have the better form. Only brought in Bouhanni otherwise and swapped Chicchi for a 3 rider I hope will do something later. Still got a transfer in hand and may or may not bring in a rider for the break tomorrow as I want a strong team for the TT, much more predictable than sprints with their crashes. Although penalties aren't expensive if you've got table points already it's a risk bringing in a sprinter. I swapped Uran out to afford Bouhanni but with him coming 13th it wasn't a big profit. Glad I didn't swap Evans though! I'll probably drop a bit today but not too much as it's tricky to afford Bouhanni and Nizzolo and keep all the good scoring GC riders. Ferrari again would have been the clever pick. That guy rarely crashes!

But take that Uran for Bouhanni deal and imagine that it will cost you 10 points to swap him in for one stage (ie you buy 3 sprinters and only have 2 changes), and then you need to swap 3 sprinters back out again the next day.

Uran would have scored 17 in finishing plus GC.

Bouhanni scored 40 today with a win and points.

17 + 10 penalty in + 10 penalty out = 37 points, so you have only actually made 3 points. If Bouhanni hadn't come first then you would have lost out.

enrique replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

It appears to be stuck

Gkam, are you on duty today?  45

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

What's taking the update so long?  39

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is something wrong or is it that no one in the admin ranks has noticed it's still updating?...  39

Joelsim replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Is something wrong or is it that no one in the admin ranks has noticed it's still updating?...  39

It's stuck

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Can anyone of the admins acknowledge they're aware of the situation?...  39

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gkam... Gkam... oh, Gkam... where are you?  4

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's dark in here...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Maybe Cadel has broken into the server to add a few seconds to the other riders' times

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's been said elsewhere but Evans isn't half a wily old fox. Look at him, rolling in ninth ahead of any crashes. His team deserve a lot of credit too; normally I'm slating BMC bit they've got their act together for the Giro

He might just grab a win tomorrow too  3

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

The GC boys will be happy to let a break go tmw to conserve their energy for what could be a very decisive ITT on Thursday.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Transfers done for tmw, no penalties.

Only one change planned for the TT, one for Friday and two for Saturday barring mishaps.

Alan Tullett replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:
drheaton wrote:

But take that Uran for Bouhanni deal and imagine that it will cost you 10 points to swap him in for one stage (ie you buy 3 sprinters and only have 2 changes), and then you need to swap 3 sprinters back out again the next day.

17 + 10 penalty in + 10 penalty out = 37 points, so you have only actually made 3 points. If Bouhanni hadn't come first then you would have lost out.

To some degree you are right if all transfers cost 10 points but we do have free transfers and to be honest I wasn't expecting Uran to come 13th!! And he wouldn't have done apart from the crash. Also I'm not necessarily going to bring in Uran tomorrow. I looked very carefully at all the table points for each rider I had and made the most efficient transfers possible but unexpected things do interfere in such calculations. That's the beauty of the game. And don't worry about the lead at the top, you were about 80 points ahead of me a while ago, now you're only 29 and your team is not looking that great for the TT or tomorrow unless you have a lot of free transfers left!! I may not even make one transfer for tomorrow as Matthews and Ulissi could do well along with Evans. I could go for a mountain point rider by swapping out Bouhanni for someone as I doubt Bouhanni will make it but even he is worth 5 so it's a risk. But you have to take a few calculated risks to win!

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Think tomorrow is time for Mr Hansen

tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes

The non premium table list seems wrong. Totals are less than a day ago.

Joelsim replied to Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes
Alan Tullett wrote:
Joelsim wrote:
Alan Tullett wrote:
drheaton wrote:

To some degree you are right if all transfers cost 10 points but we do have free transfers and to be honest I wasn't expecting Uran to come 13th!! And he wouldn't have done apart from the crash. Also I'm not necessarily going to bring in Uran tomorrow. I looked very carefully at all the table points for each rider I had and made the most efficient transfers possible but unexpected things do interfere in such calculations. That's the beauty of the game. And don't worry about the lead at the top, you were about 80 points ahead of me a while ago, now you're only 29 and your team is not looking that great for the TT or tomorrow unless you have a lot of free transfers left!! I may not even make one transfer for tomorrow as Matthews and Ulissi could do well along with Evans. I could go for a mountain point rider by swapping out Bouhanni for someone as I doubt Bouhanni will make it but even he is worth 5 so it's a risk. But you have to take a few calculated risks to win!

Agreed. I wanted to bring Arredondo in, but he is worth 5 plus whatever he gets tmw and then useless for Thurs and Fri.

Have done 3 transfers tonight, all of whom will be useful for the next few stages.

You had a few transfers in the bank coming into this week, then it's a no brainer. NouveauCompte has 5 sprinters in his team, plus two 3.0 riders and no transfers saved so he is going to find it hard over the next few days to keep his lead probably.

I'm saving up for a little plan I have for next week as it happens.

Ghedebrav replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

The GC boys will be happy to let a break go tmw to conserve their energy for what could be a very decisive ITT on Thursday.

Unless Ulissi goes? He might be looking at GC and thinking, bloody hell.

Random thought (because both riders live in the same part of my head): where's Moser been this Giro? So anonymous he might as well be wearing a Guido Fawkes mask.

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

10 each  4 I hope..  39

I'm so happy to see the updating occuring so quickly... That (!) I don't miss about California!  4

Are you trying to say I was slow at doing the update for ToC. I do have to have the results before I can update

Joelsim replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Unless Ulissi goes? He might be looking at GC and thinking, bloody hell.

Random thought (because both riders live in the same part of my head): where's Moser been this Giro? So anonymous he might as well be wearing a Guido Fawkes mask.

I know what you mean. Moser schmoser. But why would Ulissi risk all for a stage win, when he has 2 already?

The bookies are all big on EBH tomorrow, but it's weird, there are some many well-known names who don't have a hope of GC now, and tomorrow looks to be the most open stage remaining.

I fear a very small score tomorrow.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone for Hansen  39 why not though, gotta take risks to try ad win, got 62 points to catch you up.

Just means 20 penalties tomorrow for my ITTers. Think it will be 20 for 13 and the same again for 14, but could well end up well off it works. If it doesn't ive given it a go, as today and tomorrow are the best chances to gain it back, as your not gonna loose massive amounts of points on a pure mountain stage unless you take big risks and get it badly wrong, and are more likely to loose out than gain doing that. Today and tomorrow you may loose abit if your risks don't come off, but the stages are unpredictable enough that others will also loose out.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's such a weird couple of stages. Anything can happen, and what is sure is that someone will do well.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

pretty happy with tonights results, just wish Nizzolo won his first Giro stage.
Evans and Uran top 20 like I figured, sprinters tiring and their teams, these blokes have good top speed, hence TTer's. With winding fast downhill at end they were always gunna be close.
Colli bite the dust with the WILDMAN Farrar and appo, gee tyler is a fair dinkum loose cannon,. seen him dive bombing down outside into cnr earlier in week nearly taking 3 down, then he blames and wants to fight everyone else lol.
Not having Mezgec or Viviani should help a little  1

Pages

Latest Comments