Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro stage 10

My team for today.

Nacer Bouhanni (FDJ)
Rafal Majka (TSB)
Rigoberto Uran (OPQ)
Giacomo Nizzolo (TFR)
Roberto Ferrari (LAM)
Enrico Gasparotto (AST)
Fabio Aru (AST)
Davide Appollonio (ALM)
Ivan Rovny (TSB)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

79 comments

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Maybe Cadel has broken into the server to add a few seconds to the other riders' times

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's been said elsewhere but Evans isn't half a wily old fox. Look at him, rolling in ninth ahead of any crashes. His team deserve a lot of credit too; normally I'm slating BMC bit they've got their act together for the Giro

He might just grab a win tomorrow too  3

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

The GC boys will be happy to let a break go tmw to conserve their energy for what could be a very decisive ITT on Thursday.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Transfers done for tmw, no penalties.

Only one change planned for the TT, one for Friday and two for Saturday barring mishaps.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Think tomorrow is time for Mr Hansen

tony kappler | 9 years ago
0 likes

The non premium table list seems wrong. Totals are less than a day ago.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ive gone for Hansen  39 why not though, gotta take risks to try ad win, got 62 points to catch you up.

Just means 20 penalties tomorrow for my ITTers. Think it will be 20 for 13 and the same again for 14, but could well end up well off it works. If it doesn't ive given it a go, as today and tomorrow are the best chances to gain it back, as your not gonna loose massive amounts of points on a pure mountain stage unless you take big risks and get it badly wrong, and are more likely to loose out than gain doing that. Today and tomorrow you may loose abit if your risks don't come off, but the stages are unpredictable enough that others will also loose out.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's such a weird couple of stages. Anything can happen, and what is sure is that someone will do well.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

pretty happy with tonights results, just wish Nizzolo won his first Giro stage.
Evans and Uran top 20 like I figured, sprinters tiring and their teams, these blokes have good top speed, hence TTer's. With winding fast downhill at end they were always gunna be close.
Colli bite the dust with the WILDMAN Farrar and appo, gee tyler is a fair dinkum loose cannon,. seen him dive bombing down outside into cnr earlier in week nearly taking 3 down, then he blames and wants to fight everyone else lol.
Not having Mezgec or Viviani should help a little  1

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

A big name has abandoned so I hear.

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
roadcc_admin wrote:

Giro d'Italia: REMOVED Michael Matthews from Orica Greenedge roster

Ah, what the hell?  45 Can someone tell me what's going on here? Details, please, if you will...  39 This is noteworthy... Who's the 'roadcc_admin'? Is this like a rotating user account for admins or a specific person? Just wondering, but, wow, Matthews? I'm lost... Please 'roadcc_admin', some details, please  39

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Matthews withdraws from the Giro d'Italia

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Can't see your coment, VVV73... Post again so I can read it in my email...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

VVV73 wrote:

How come you can't see it?...

No one can 'see' your posts, but you can tell you've posted something because it still appears on the Main Fantasy Cycling Forum Page that you posted... It's probably what happened before in this thread... http://road.cc/content/forum/117852-can-anyone-see-my-posts-me-and-north......

VVV73 wrote:

... You also have to be aware of were the results are coming from, we don't all live in Europe...

I'm lost... what are you referring to?...

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Old Chinese fantasy cycling proverb:

He who acts first acts twice.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Also, Matthews has said he's targeting the Tour this year so its inevitable he'd abandon, I figured he'd get further into week two though before he did.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

To be fair I heard the news here first and went searching and couldn't find anything for at least 30 mins.

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

Pity Matthews withdrew but at least I put him in for 10 and that paid off. I can't wait till the morning as I have to commute at 7:30 this week. Would have brought back a GC guy but it's not a biggie. Only changed Bouhanni for Uran in the end and that worked ok.

Ghedebrav replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

The GC boys will be happy to let a break go tmw to conserve their energy for what could be a very decisive ITT on Thursday.

Unless Ulissi goes? He might be looking at GC and thinking, bloody hell.

Random thought (because both riders live in the same part of my head): where's Moser been this Giro? So anonymous he might as well be wearing a Guido Fawkes mask.

Joelsim replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
roadcc_admin wrote:

Ah, what the hell?  45 Can someone tell me what's going on here? Details, please, if you will...  39 This is noteworthy... Who's the 'roadcc_admin'? Is this like a rotating user account for admins or a specific person? Just wondering, but, wow, Matthews? I'm lost... Please 'roadcc_admin', some details, please  39

I'm surprised that you were the first to reply enrique. Surprised as...

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

A big name has abandoned so I hear.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Scarp pull out once Aru does/if Faulters. Just read interview with him, he don't sound real enthused. I really thought Astana had a strong all round squad here.
I might have to go buy some Swiss vitamins to cause Morabito is riding out of his skin  1

VVV73 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

How come you can't see it?
Are you kidding Enrique, after the debacle last time, this is by far the best way to do things, race has been run and won, it won't change. Priorities my friend. Smile
You also have to be aware of were the results are coming from, we don't all live in Europe:)  36

VVV73 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
enrique wrote:

VVV73 wrote:

How come you can't see it?...

No one can 'see' your posts, but you can tell you've posted something because it still appears on the Main Fantasy Cycling Forum Page that you posted... It's probably what happened before in this thread... http://road.cc/content/forum/117852-can-anyone-see-my-posts-me-and-north......

VVV73 wrote:

... You also have to be aware of were the results are coming from, we don't all live in Europe...

I'm lost... what are you referring to?...

I was referring to , results from USA etc. take longer to come across to u guys in Europe and also ITS not a UCI race, some don't have as good coverage, remember Qatar, Oman etc. disgraceful they were this year.

ray silvester replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

It's been said elsewhere but Evans isn't half a wily old fox. Look at him, rolling in ninth ahead of any crashes. His team deserve a lot of credit too; normally I'm slating BMC bit they've got their act together for the Giro

He might just grab a win tomorrow too  3

Morabito's current GC position is testament to how well BMC are going and there's no doubt about it part of the GC rider's role is to manage his team so yeah.......hat's off to Cuddles

Joelsim replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Unless Ulissi goes? He might be looking at GC and thinking, bloody hell.

Random thought (because both riders live in the same part of my head): where's Moser been this Giro? So anonymous he might as well be wearing a Guido Fawkes mask.

I know what you mean. Moser schmoser. But why would Ulissi risk all for a stage win, when he has 2 already?

The bookies are all big on EBH tomorrow, but it's weird, there are some many well-known names who don't have a hope of GC now, and tomorrow looks to be the most open stage remaining.

I fear a very small score tomorrow.

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
roadcc_admin wrote:

This has just cost me ....I should learn to wait  102  31

dave atkinson replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:

Who's the 'roadcc_admin'? Is this like a rotating user account for admins or a specific person?

it's just an automated feed of roster changes.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling/michael-matthews-out-of-giro-ditalia...

enrique replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
roadcc_admin wrote:

Giro d'Italia: REMOVED Michael Matthews from Orica Greenedge roster 20th May 2014 - 23:52

I was caught off guard by this  39 After placing so well yesterday I thought Matthews might stay maybe for stages just like today...  39 When I was looking for him on the roster last night I couldn't find him, obviously, and that's when I went to the 'Automatic Roster Changes' thread to check... The truth is I was pretty surpised that the 'roadcc_admin' removed Matthews before anyone on the Forum had brought it up and commented on it...  39

Dave Atkinson wrote:

it's just an automated feed of roster changes.

... Matthews sustained severe cuts, abrasions and bruising in a crash in Sunday’s ninth stage... despite Matthews’ strong finish on Tuesday’s stage... it was deemed that it would be better for him to leave the Giro and recover properly...

Nice article, Dave. Good read, but, I'm wondering... out of curiosity, was it you who first noticed Matthews withdrew, then? or dr?  39 Was it you who removed him as the 'roadcc_admin'? It all happened so incredibly fast I was taken aback!

What gets me is the 'roadcc_admin', whether it was dave, TER or dr, how did they pick up on it before anyone else? Was it that they saw the Sydney Morning Herald article? I mean, Dave, do you make it a habit of reading the Sydney Morning Herald?  4

What's cool about the Forum is these things usually get reported first here in the Forum and then the rider removed is removed from the start list... This is the 1st time I can remember we found out from the 'roadcc_admin' of a withdrawal because the rider was removed from the start list first with no previous discusion on the Forum... I was a little shocked, I guess... I'm perplexed how it happened the other way around this time... I'm kind of confused, as always...  39

Please let us know, I'd honestly like these things discussed in the Forum first rather than find out after (!) the rider is removed... Not that I'm trying to imply you should post on Stage threads and (!) the 'Automatic Roster Changes' thread, too (!) I know we're suposed to be on top of the news but I felt a little 'blindsided' last night... I needed to be held...  39

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's dark in here...

enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes

Gkam... Gkam... oh, Gkam... where are you?  4

Pages

Latest Comments