Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anti biotic comedown

Hi All
I recently had bronchitis and was given some antibiotics. I've finished the course but am feeling quite drained. Anyone else had this?
Cheers
Andrew

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

chrisl | 9 years ago
0 likes

Re-bioticise with some probiotics (or normal live yoghurt, it's got pretty much the same goodness in just less advertised) - the anti-biotics can really mess up your gut's natural bacteria. Maybe you aren't able to get all that you need to from your food at the moment?

I had 3 week flu and a chest infection last year, took anti-biotics for the chest and was washed out for quite a while. I also found that my stomach was noticeably more sensitive to dodgy bacteria for a month or two, and I lost then gained a few kg with such neat suddenness that it might well have been linked to the loss and re-gain of my gut bacteria (ok, so that was just my guess, but the numbers fitted with some of the estimates of the amount of bacteria in your digestive tract and it didn't seem just like fat loss)

And the sensible advice of those above sounds good too!

Get well soon  1

notfastenough | 9 years ago
0 likes

Big portions of healthy food. Early nights. Take it very easy.

Interestingly, I was reading that Cav was recovering from antibiotics on last years' TdF, and he said it left him feeling weak, so you're in good company!

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Go easy for the first bit I guess, lots of recovery rides, sleeps and green vegetables!  1

Hope you feel chipper soon mate

snappyandrew | 9 years ago
0 likes

Aha. I thought it might not be just me.
Yes the bronchitis has gone, thanks but feel weak as a kitten.
I think the answer might be just get back on the bike and get some tan lines

mooleur | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeaaaah get it really bad, they ruin me, it sucks  2

Has the bronchitis gone?

Latest Comments