Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

This coming week's Giro

Transfer hell!

There are going to have to be penalties every day, hmmm.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

I made 4 transfers, with 1 in hand - just brought in 4 sprinters for today. Tomorrow seems unpredictable, so will minimise swaps, and then its the TT. Pretty sure who I'm bringing in now for the next 3 stages, but crashes can change everything...

Theinvisiblecyclist replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

Well I thought , I swapped I changed I reset..... I eventually decided to risk 7 transfers and aim for a fh badge as well as a high score , 1 penalty offset by gc points etc ...... Who knows how this week is going to pan out but I've decided penalties are the way forwards.

Bold or stupid?  39

I decided against this move, as for every transfer you make today, you have to do another for tomorrow, and another for Wednesday, and another for Thursday and Friday. There is very little common ground.

So I've gone for some sprinters but also who have a small possibility of being useful for Wednesday, kept the GC boys in and have also kept Gasparotto for tomorrow. A couple of changes planned each day up until Friday. Not going big on the TT, just two.

There was talk of a certain OPQS rider making the TT his goal, not sure whether it's worth going for.

So, for me I hope I can get through the week with no penalties with a good squad for each day (Wednesday of course, who knows). A couple of transfers in the bank just in case, and plans already made for next week barring hiccoughs.

I'll be honest I eventually thought
" I've a good chance of getting a big score today if it pans out as it should while I believe a lot of ppl will play it cagey which in turn will mitigate against transfers over the next 2/3 days"

If it does work out then I should see a net gain by playing bold for this stage with the gc points negating the penalty and allowing me the choice of at least 2 penalties over the following two days ... That's 20 point loss for 13 changes in 3 stages , it will be interesting to see which of our strategies works out at least  1

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
Theinvisiblecyclist wrote:

Well I thought , I swapped I changed I reset..... I eventually decided to risk 7 transfers and aim for a fh badge as well as a high score , 1 penalty offset by gc points etc ...... Who knows how this week is going to pan out but I've decided penalties are the way forwards.

Bold or stupid?  39

I decided against this move, as for every transfer you make today, you have to do another for tomorrow, and another for Wednesday, and another for Thursday and Friday. There is very little common ground.

So I've gone for some sprinters but also who have a small possibility of being useful for Wednesday, kept the GC boys in and have also kept Gasparotto for tomorrow. A couple of changes planned each day up until Friday. Not going big on the TT, just two.

There was talk of a certain OPQS rider making the TT his goal, not sure whether it's worth going for.

So, for me I hope I can get through the week with no penalties with a good squad for each day (Wednesday of course, who knows). A couple of transfers in the bank just in case, and plans already made for next week barring hiccoughs.

Smart move I feel, don't want to be to sprinter heavy as none of them that can TT will get over this one, maybe EBH.
Pissed myself laughing, when I read your OPQs comment. If it is who I think it is , he has shown a bit of his old form lately, tho I don't think I will be using him. Good Luck  1

VVV73 replied to Theinvisiblecyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

how did I get this mess  2 Just said , Hate to be around if a break wins  1
[/quote]
I'll be honest I eventually thought
" I've a good chance of getting a big score today if it pans out as it should while I believe a lot of ppl will play it cagey which in turn will mitigate against transfers over the next 2/3 days"

If it does work out then I should see a net gain by playing bold for this stage with the gc points negating the penalty and allowing me the choice of at least 2 penalties over the following two days ... That's 20 point loss for 13 changes in 3 stages , it will be interesting to see which of our strategies works out at least :)[/quote]

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've managed to get 4 sprinters in for today and should be able to get 4 in for Friday too with no penalties, plus ensuring I have a chance of some decent points tmw and Thursday.

That's the plan anyway!  17

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

Went all in on a sprint today, made all of my six changes to bring in sprinters.

At this point in time, with a penalty only costing 10 points, I figured it was worth chancing 6 top 10 finishes against three or four penalty transfers through the week.

VVV73 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I've managed to get 4 sprinters in for today and should be able to get 4 in for Friday too with no penalties, plus ensuring I have a chance of some decent points tmw and Thursday.

That's the plan anyway!  17

It's is certain make or break time is fantasy, you could go a few ways here over next couple stages, BIG shake up I feel.
My purist team is starting to fall apart now, losing Matthews and Chicci (didn't expect much more, got his pts.) Lucky my last sprinter in there is Nizzolo and I know he would love to win his first Giro stage soon  1

VVV73 replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Went all in on a sprint today, made all of my six changes to bring in sprinters.

At this point in time, with a penalty only costing 10 points, I figured it was worth chancing 6 top 10 finishes against three or four penalty transfers through the week.

Starting to think my best result is to sit quiet and pray for break to last.  19

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

You've got to be in it to win it!

Pages

Latest Comments